High Energy Porridge Recipe

paapiman

On 10/28/2017 at 12:46 PM, Gursharan Kaur said:

Is there any restriction to amritdharis that we should not consume anything from outside. Like from restraunts n hotels, because we don't know how the food is prepared? 

Ideally speaking, an Amritdhari should only eat food prepared by himself or other Amritdharis. This is part of Bibek Rehat. Food has an effect on the mind. Food prepared by Vikari people/Manmukhs, can possibly cause (other than possible hygiene issues) unsteady mind and bad thoughts. 

But if that is not possible (for whatever reason), people should still get Baptized. It is not a cardinal sin to eat at a hotel or restaurants. Daas personally knows of Gurmukhs (who are part of Jathas), who eat from outside.

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, Gursharan Kaur said:

This is good. 

I never knew these things also had a lot effect 😅

Bhen Ji i will tell you a experince i had almost 3 years ago. I was learning my 5 Bani's Nitnem at the time on roman script using audio recordings.

Anyway so i ate from subway and that day i felt a big change to my routine and concentration. Basically i ended up playing my ps3 that day and had a cold virus cos of it and no nitnem. I felt so shocked and i have never eaten from subway particularly that branch ever again.

So eating from outside has its side effects. But i usually make sure i have done nitnem before eating outside.

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/10/2017 at 7:37 PM, Soulfinder said:

Bhen Ji i will tell you a experince i had almost 3 years ago. I was learning my 5 Bani's Nitnem at the time on roman script using audio recordings.

Anyway so i ate from subway and that day i felt a big change to my routine and concentration. Basically i ended up playing my ps3 that day and had a cold virus cos of it and no nitnem. I felt so shocked and i have never eaten from subway particularly that branch ever again.

So eating from outside has its side effects. But i usually make sure i have done nitnem before eating outside.

Oh. I am actually experiencing the same I guess. I have non amritdhaari frnds in college n most of them are non vegetarians. So whenever it's someone's bday party I go along n eat n I have noticed from so long I have my mood changes like I get angry n even my health gets bad. 

I now avoid but my frnds being a little less knowledgeable about Sikhism force me n even they say I should catch up with them(that this is the time to enjoy and all stuff) .

I even had a conflict today( tomorrow I have some bday party but I ain't attending lol) 

Mera russe na kalgiya vala jagg Bhave Sara russje! 

Bhull chukk maaf. 

1 hour ago, Gursharan Kaur said:

Oh. I am actually experiencing the same I guess. I have non amritdhaari frnds in college n most of them are non vegetarians. So whenever it's someone's bday party I go along n eat n I have noticed from so long I have my mood changes like I get angry n even my health gets bad. 

I now avoid but my frnds being a little less knowledgeable about Sikhism force me n even they say I should catch up with them(that this is the time to enjoy and all stuff) .

I even had a conflict today( tomorrow I have some bday party but I ain't attending lol) 

Mera russe na kalgiya vala jagg Bhave Sara russje! 

Bhull chukk maaf. 

It is hard bhen ji when people force you to do things without any knowledge of the consequences involved. 

I am glad that you have decided not to go the party tomorrow. As the waves present in that enviroment do effect the simran and bhagati. 

Like i am glad you have noticed that your mood changes when eating from that type of sangat. 

Also the images of what happens at partys etc do tend to distrub one's concentration when doing simran or paath as well

On 07/11/2017 at 7:25 PM, Soulfinder said:

It is hard bhen ji when people force you to do things without any knowledge of the consequences involved. 

I am glad that you have decided not to go the party tomorrow. As the waves present in that enviroment do effect the simran and bhagati. 

Like i am glad you have noticed that your mood changes when eating from that type of sangat. 

Also the images of what happens at partys etc do tend to distrub one's concentration when doing simran or paath as well

Learning everyday! 

Thank you.