Thank you!

Thank you all for the warm welcome and continuing to share your wisdom.

I am continuing my studies of the Sikh faith but there is alot to take in and I want to receive it prayerfully and with the Guru's guidance not merely intellectually. 

I've started reading an ang of the Sri Guru Granath Sahib during my morning and evening prayers. I'll be praying for all of you. I'm going to try to eat less meat, though I know not all Sikhs are vegetarian. I already don't drink or use intoxicants.

Anyother advice in seeking the guidance of the Guru? I need to visit a gurudwara when I get the chance.

I don't anticipate converting to a Sikh, I've done enough conversions!! But I do believe the Sikh faith contains essential truths and is a good path to emulate. 

Thank you again for your welcome and friendship!

12 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

Only highly blessed people find themselves drawn towards SGGS, our living guru. The ultimate truth and guidance are contained within.  The actual essence is obtained from continuous recitation of the shabads contained therein.  These are directly from God himself. 

I've replaced my obligatory reading of Baha'i texts with the SGGS. I definitely agree.

Sikhi is not a religion in a modern sense. Many people in history have belonged to other religions (hinduism and islam) and at the same time taken inspiration from the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib in their everyday life. In many ways, Sikhism contributes to a greater understanding of other religions. I have a Muslim friend that said he understood Islam better by reading about Sikhism

5 hours ago, amardeep said:

Sikhi is not a religion in a modern sense. Many people in history have belonged to other religions (hinduism and islam) and at the same time taken inspiration from the teachings of Guru Granth Sahib in their everyday life. In many ways, Sikhism contributes to a greater understanding of other religions. I have a Muslim friend that said he understood Islam better by reading about Sikhism

This is wonderful! Thank you for this wisdom.

I'm might not agree 100% either my Baha'i community or my Christain family church but it's nice to feel I can embrace the essential truths in these faiths. I think the SGGS and Sikh teachings more fully enable this.