Guru Samrath de...

Kalpu

I read a sakhi from janam sakhi bhai bala which was about a thief. His mum told him to cover his ears whenever he passed a dharamsala. 

He did this until one day he was pricked ny a thorn and he heard the words that devte dont blink.

After that he got arrested and the police made a nakli durga maa to appear to him in order to get a confession from him as he denied all charges of theft. 

He looked and saw she never blinked. That one sikhiya of the Guru saved him. I always thought this pangti was connected to that sakhi so I understood it differently. I must have read this pangti there. 

However now I discovered it had a deeper meaning... much deeper... which thanks to you asking for it I had to look it up and be sure.

The words ratan jawahar manik actually mean veraag, gyan and naam which come into the budhi when we listen to the bachan of the True Guru. All the time I thought they meant actual rubies and gems without a deeper meaning. I now understand better what rubies, gems and jewels are in Gurmat.

4 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

The words ratan jawahar manik actually mean veraag, gyan and naam which come into the budhi when we listen to the bachan of the True Guru. All the time I thought they meant actual rubies and gems without a deeper meaning. I now understand better what rubies, gems and jewels are in Gurmat.

Nice interpretation.    I like it when someone takes a shot at sharing their own grasp of a shabad or pangti

As one progresses spiritually, they start perceiving gurbani differently on multiple levels. The meanings become deeper and one thing it has taught me, is that many of the terms used aren't for the purpose of allegory. Although, they may certainly present themselves at certain  levels of depth..

I just wanted to add some food for thought with regards to this shabad and pangti..............

ਤੀਰਥਿ ਨਾਵਾ ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਭਾਣੇ ਕਿ ਨਾਇ ਕਰੀ ॥ 
Ŧirath nāvā je ṯis bẖāvā viṇ bẖāṇe kė nā▫e karī. 

If I am pleasing to Him, then that is my pilgrimage and cleansing bath. Without pleasing Him, what good are ritual cleansings? 

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਲਈ ॥ 
Jeṯī siraṯẖ upā▫ī vekẖā viṇ karmā kė milai la▫ī. 

I gaze upon all the created beings: without the karma of good actions, what are they given to receive? 

ਮਤਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਤਨ ਜਵਾਹਰ ਮਾਣਿਕ ਜੇ ਇਕ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣੀ ॥ 
Maṯ vicẖ raṯan javāhar māṇik je ik gur kī sikẖ suṇī. 

Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies, if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once. 

ਗੁਰਾ ਇਕ ਦੇਹਿ ਬੁਝਾਈ ॥ 
Gurā ik ḏehi bujẖā▫ī. 

The Guru has given me this one understanding: 

ਸਭਨਾ ਜੀਆ ਕਾ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਵਿਸਰਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੬॥ 
Sabẖnā jī▫ā kā ik ḏāṯā so mai visar na jā▫ī. ||6|| 

there is only the One, the Giver of all souls. May I never forget Him! ||6|| 

It's interesting to note, the number of time jap bani uses "IK"  It starts with Ik OngKar, and Ik refers to not just the 'one', but also the One consciousness, the one ONG, the One shabad, the One teaching, ...everything that is 'One' coming from the 'One'        If we pay close attention to this throughout the bani, it could shine some brighter lights .

On another level ,..."je ik gur kī sikẖ suṇī."  could imply .  "To listen to the ONE teaching/shabad/naad, just the ONCE"  it then goes into next pangti with "Gurā ik ḏehi bujẖā▫ī. ""The Guru has given me this one understanding"  ..........Again, the "IK"..the "one" understanding from the "one" ong-kar

The pangti also says,.... we all have questions and want to learn; which is why we go to Guru. But most of us only want hear the answers we like to hear or what suit us in maya.  The pangti is saying, "learn and listen to the teachings, and you'll find the treasures of answers that are already within you"   The whole access to universal gyan is within all of us, but we never know where to begin.

Looking at the shabad this pangti is from.....It describes the outer actions that people do around the planet. However, deep down towards the earth's core, there are many precious stones and jewels. Surrounding us in the skies, there are thousands of beautiful stars shining as diamonds and gems.   And right inside you, into the hidden core of your mind(where your jyot lives), are millions of gems, jewels and rubies..  These out of this world treasures ,CAN literally be experienced within you.

6 hours ago, sikhni777 said:

I read a sakhi from janam sakhi bhai bala which was about a thief. His mum told him to cover his ears whenever he passed a dharamsala. 

He did this until one day he was pricked ny a thorn and he heard the words that devte dont blink.

After that he got arrested and the police made a nakli durga maa to appear to him in order to get a confession from him as he denied all charges of theft. 

He looked and saw she never blinked. That one sikhiya of the Guru saved him. I always thought this pangti was connected to that sakhi so I understood it differently. I must have read this pangti there. 

However now I discovered it had a deeper meaning... much deeper... which thanks to you asking for it I had to look it up and be sure.

This 3 words.... 

Veraag gyaan and naam

Saved my brain for now from continues problems and incertainity... 

Every thing is just going unexpected... 

3 hours ago, Lucky said:

Nice interpretation.    I like it when someone takes a shot at sharing their own grasp of a shabad or pangti

As one progresses spiritually, they start perceiving gurbani differently on multiple levels. The meanings become deeper and one thing it has taught me, is that many of the terms used aren't for the purpose of allegory. Although, they may certainly present themselves at certain  levels of depth..

I just wanted to add some food for thought with regards to this shabad and pangti..............

ਤੀਰਥਿ ਨਾਵਾ ਜੇ ਤਿਸੁ ਭਾਵਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਭਾਣੇ ਕਿ ਨਾਇ ਕਰੀ ॥ 
Ŧirath nāvā je ṯis bẖāvā viṇ bẖāṇe kė nā▫e karī. 

If I am pleasing to Him, then that is my pilgrimage and cleansing bath. Without pleasing Him, what good are ritual cleansings? 

ਜੇਤੀ ਸਿਰਠਿ ਉਪਾਈ ਵੇਖਾ ਵਿਣੁ ਕਰਮਾ ਕਿ ਮਿਲੈ ਲਈ ॥ 
Jeṯī siraṯẖ upā▫ī vekẖā viṇ karmā kė milai la▫ī. 

I gaze upon all the created beings: without the karma of good actions, what are they given to receive? 

ਮਤਿ ਵਿਚਿ ਰਤਨ ਜਵਾਹਰ ਮਾਣਿਕ ਜੇ ਇਕ ਗੁਰ ਕੀ ਸਿਖ ਸੁਣੀ ॥ 
Maṯ vicẖ raṯan javāhar māṇik je ik gur kī sikẖ suṇī. 

Within the mind are gems, jewels and rubies, if you listen to the Guru's Teachings, even once. 

ਗੁਰਾ ਇਕ ਦੇਹਿ ਬੁਝਾਈ ॥ 
Gurā ik ḏehi bujẖā▫ī. 

The Guru has given me this one understanding: 

ਸਭਨਾ ਜੀਆ ਕਾ ਇਕੁ ਦਾਤਾ ਸੋ ਮੈ ਵਿਸਰਿ ਨ ਜਾਈ ॥੬॥ 
Sabẖnā jī▫ā kā ik ḏāṯā so mai visar na jā▫ī. ||6|| 

there is only the One, the Giver of all souls. May I never forget Him! ||6|| 

It's interesting to note, the number of time jap bani uses "IK"  It starts with Ik OngKar, and Ik refers to not just the 'one', but also the One consciousness, the one ONG, the One shabad, the One teaching, ...everything that is 'One' coming from the 'One'        If we pay close attention to this throughout the bani, it could shine some brighter lights .

On another level ,..."je ik gur kī sikẖ suṇī."  could imply .  "To listen to the ONE teaching/shabad/naad, just the ONCE"  it then goes into next pangti with "Gurā ik ḏehi bujẖā▫ī. ""The Guru has given me this one understanding"  ..........Again, the "IK"..the "one" understanding from the "one" ong-kar

The pangti also says,.... we all have questions and want to learn; which is why we go to Guru. But most of us only want hear the answers we like to hear or what suit us in maya.  The pangti is saying, "learn and listen to the teachings, and you'll find the treasures of answers that are already within you"   The whole access to universal gyan is within all of us, but we never know where to begin.

Looking at the shabad this pangti is from.....It describes the outer actions that people do around the planet. However, deep down towards the earth's core, there are many precious stones and jewels. Surrounding us in the skies, there are thousands of beautiful stars shining as diamonds and gems.   And right inside you, into the hidden core of your mind(where your jyot lives), are millions of gems, jewels and rubies..  These out of this world treasures ,CAN literally be experienced within you.

From where you guys get this saakhis in 3 languages? 

Is there any english app or pdf or Guru Granth Saahib?

I wanna read it... 

I dont know gurmukhi so :)

1 minute ago, Kalpu said:

This 3 words.... 

Veraag gyaan and naam

Saved my brain for now from continues problems and incertainity... 

Every thing is just going unexpected... 

And can u please make me one saakhi on daily basis? 

That will save my life... 

I will pray Guru Nanak bless you with best ❤

3 hours ago, Kalpu said:

And can u please make me one saakhi on daily basis? 

That will save my life... 

I will pray Guru Nanak bless you with best ❤

When bhai mardana wanted to go see his family. .. Guru Nanak dev ji took him using astral travel. He had nothing in his hands so he requested Guru Ji for a gift.  

Guru Ji filled his choli with pebbles which he took quietly and when he opened it on arrival at home they were actually turned into gold coins. 

This sakhi reminds us to place our trust in Guru ji and not question every little happening we see because the outcome can be changed in an instant. 

A good example is one of my relatives mum was diagnosed with dementia.  It was sad but later when her dad passed away... she realised the dementia was a blessing in disguise. 

Her mum never registered that her life partner is gone and never felt the sadness which might have further harmed her. A little good or a lot of good in something we might see as bad. 

Was her dementia a blessing or a curse?

3 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Best...  Thankyou so much for this... 

Can u please tell me which time is best for reading Guru Granth Saahib? 

And procedure? 

Bath,  clean place,  peace of mind... 

Suggest me right way... 

And i need to start as a book and continue on a daily basis with continue? 

15 minutes ago, sikhni777 said:

When bhai mardana wanted to go see his family. .. Guru Nanak dev ji took him using astral travel. He had nothing in his hands so he requested Guru Ji for a gift.  

Guru Ji filled his choli with pebbles which he took quietly and when he opened it on arrival at home they were actually turned into gold coins. 

This sakhi reminds us to place our trust in Guru ji and not question every little happening we see because the outcome can be changed in an instant. 

A good example is one of my relatives mum was diagnosed with dementia.  It was sad but later when her dad passed away... she realised the dementia was a blessing in disguise. 

Her mum never registered that her life partner is gone and never felt the sadness which might have further harmed her. A little good or a lot of good in something we might see as bad. 

Was her dementia a blessing or a curse?

Blessing :)

What i trurly believe,  every curse,  every lose...  For a Gurmukh is a blessing... 

Coz he/she has to b that blvr that whatever Guru Nanak do for him/her is best will.... 

I cant even imangine now anything i regret in my life... 

Coz as far as 23 year passed i am blind believer that everything i'v gone through was some how helping me to be better me... 

To get deep conected with Guru Nanak... 

I am suffring from 5 years of journey of finding true God... 

Many things i passed through... 

But to be honest i wasnt satisfied with my experiance, 

Something was missing always,  my peace was in other places, i was greedy of relations feelings,  i was stil greedy at duniya... 

But finaly from last 3 months,  i am getting this clearly that when u move away ur heart from duniya u truely find peace.... 

U don't need to get worry for relation problems,  all over life stuff... 

Coz when u leave all dat in Guru Nanak's hands, u will find peace in heart and ur problems will solved without ever knowing ...

I am at peace with my self... 

To be honest its duty of a human to give his daily 2 3 hour to God... 

But if posb,  for me,  if posb to serve with my full posiblites i can give my half day to Guru Nanak