Contradictions in Gurbani?

Some people might observe that there are contradictions in Gurbani. A verse might say something, while another one contradicts it. What is the reason behind it? Some Sikhs had asked this question to Maharaaj in the past too. Please listen to Gyani Inderjeet Singh jee Raqbewale for a quick response.

Please start listening at 56:00 min:

http://www.gurmatveechar.com/audios/Katha/02_Present_Day_Katha/Sant_Giani_Inderjeet_Singh_(Raqbe_wale)/Sri_Gurpartap_Sooraj_Parkash_Katha/05_Sri_Guru_Arjan_Dev_Ji/Giani.Inderjeet.Singh.(Raqbe.wale)--Sooraj.Parkash.Katha.-.Ras.03.Adhyai.56.-.Mula.Suja.Aad.Sikhan.Prati.Updesh.-.1994-12-30.mp3

Bhul chuk maaf

Gurbani can never ever have any contradictions, if ever any appear to exist, they are due to our manmukhta and rust of agyanta on our bibek.

Gurbani is perfect from all angles, for it is the very expression of  Wahiguru at our human level.

Sat Sree Akal.

14 hours ago, paapiman said:

Some people might observe that there are contradictions in Gurbani. A verse might say something, while another one contradicts it. What is the reason behind it? Some Sikhs had asked this question to Maharaaj in the past too. Please listen to Gyani Inderjeet Singh jee Raqbewale for a quick response.

Gurbani can NEVER contradict. It's impossible!

"Gurbani is the Truth" it is the word of God in Kar from the Ek himself. It is "Dhur ki bani"   The Sat, the Truth and nothing else but the truth. 

You need to note that even in our general life, the TRUTH will never contradict with anything or even itself.  In a court of law with prosecution and defense; the former will always be asking questions to the accused to form a theory. The prosecutor's aim is to find contradictions within the version(s) given by the accused.   As soon as a contradiction is established, then he will have enough to present and show both judge and jury,  that the accused's version is deviating from the Truth of the matter on account of the highlighted contradictions.   A simple rule applied subconsciously  by people  when deciding judgments,  is that... "contradictions in versions of events can only mean diversion and distortion of the Truth"

Whenever i come across something in gurbani that seems to be a contradiction in my interpretation, then I know that it's my own failure that I perceive this.  It's owing to the lack of understanding into the depths of Truth and the variance between two or more shabads that i haven't quite grasped.  It could be one shabad that I'm just looking at the surface being compared to another that I could be seeing at a somewhat deeper level.  The only way to deal with it is keep meditating on it and coming back to it. Waheguru shows you the answers when you are ready.