Jump to content
Kalpu

Nitnem

Recommended Posts

Dhan Guru Nanak :)

I have a question... 

Is it is necesary to do jap All the context of Japji Sahib,  Jap Sahib,  & Anand Sahin daily? 

Tav Parsad & choupai are of 7 8 mins. But these three are of 25 to 35 mins... 

It takes 1 hour & 45 mins to complete this 5...

Can we jap them short?? 

Or is it okay to jap them one by one on diffrent time... 

I am not able to wake up at Amrit waila... This happens rare...

But i want to do nitnem daily but it takes long time...

So what can i do?

Even i want to make Rehras Sahib & kirtan sohaila also part of evning & night... 

But All together needs long time,  

And also mol mantar jap!

Please guide better ways so i can be a better Gurmukh :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalisa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Kalpu said:

Dhan Guru Nanak :)

I have a question... 

Is it is necesary to do jap All the context of Japji Sahib,  Jap Sahib,  & Anand Sahin daily? 

Tav Parsad & choupai are of 7 8 mins. But these three are of 25 to 35 mins... 

It takes 1 hour & 45 mins to complete this 5...

Can we jap them short?? 

Or is it okay to jap them one by one on diffrent time... 

I am not able to wake up at Amrit waila... This happens rare...

But i want to do nitnem daily but it takes long time...

So what can i do?

Even i want to make Rehras Sahib & kirtan sohaila also part of evning & night... 

But All together needs long time,  

And also mol mantar jap!

Please guide better ways so i can be a better Gurmukh :)

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalisa

Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!  

First of all its great that you have taken this step by knowing full nitnem banis. What i would suggest from personal experience is that rather then doing panj banis in one go you do them step by step like different times of the day if you are finding it hard to do all of them in one go. 

 

As when i was learning them it took me the same amount of time you mentioned back 3 years ago but then i built up speed with Guru Ji's Kirpa and do them quicker than before.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Soulfinder said:

First of all its great that you have taken this step by knowing full nitnem banis. What i would suggest from personal experience is that rather then doing panj banis in one go you do them step by step like different times of the day if you are finding it hard to do all of them in one go. 

 

As when i was learning them it took me the same amount of time you mentioned back 3 years ago but then i built up speed with Guru Ji's Kirpa and do them quicker than before.

Exactly what... 

I am new so i need time to say corect words,  i still use audio file & context written together to do right Oochaar...  Of every single lafz... 

I do listen Gubani videos daily too... 

It takes alot of time... 

To do everything together... 

So just trying... 

I dont want to leave anything....

Just want to make my habit of daily life... 

Nitnem!  

Conection to Guru Naanak

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Kalpu said:

Exactly what... 

I am new so i need time to say corect words,  i still use audio file & context written together to do right Oochaar...  Of every single lafz... 

I do listen Gubani videos daily too... 

It takes alot of time... 

To do everything together... 

So just trying... 

I dont want to leave anything....

Just want to make my habit of daily life... 

Nitnem!  

Conection to Guru Naanak

I myself was just like you when i first started i did the same using audio video recordings of nitnem banis and me speaking after the lines sounds made by the paathi audio to copy the same pronouncation of the words in paath.

 

It does take time like in my case a few months but don't give up keep trying step by step like a raindrop will became a river one day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

I myself was just like you when i first started i did the same using audio video recordings of nitnem banis and me speaking after the lines sounds made by the paathi audio to copy the same pronouncation of the words in paath.

 

It does take time like in my case a few months but don't give up keep trying step by step like a raindrop will became a river one day.

Yeah this is what... 

Just hoping Guru Nanak bless me with his Nam & Simran... 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

I hope so as well that Guru Nanak Dev Ji blesses you as well but keep trying don't give up.

Is it okay if we do wrong Oochaar of any word of nitnem by mistake? 

I mean there are many contexts have fear that if you do wrong ouchar u will b punished...

U know i am new,  so it happens alot of time,  kindly plz guide me :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Kalpu said:

Is it okay if we do wrong Oochaar of any word of nitnem by mistake? 

I mean there are many contexts have fear that if you do wrong ouchar u will b punished...

U know i am new,  so it happens alot of time,  kindly plz guide me :)

Well its natural for first time to make mistakes when reading gurbani so you will get better with more practice. 

 

As i used to make mistakes when reading paath but if you use Damdami Taksal recordings and repeat after the paathi it should be ok with more effort. 

 

Also learn and try to do Satta Balvaad De Vaar Ramkali Ki Vaar as that bani forgives any wrong things said during the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Well its natural for first time to make mistakes when reading gurbani so you will get better with more practice. 

 

As i used to make mistakes when reading paath but if you use Damdami Taksal recordings and repeat after the paathi it should be ok with more effort. 

 

Also learn and try to do Satta Balvaad De Vaar Ramkali Ki Vaar as that bani forgives any wrong things said during the day.

 Satta Balvaad De Vaar Ramkali Ki Vaar ?

What is this,  i dont have any info? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Kalpu said:

 Satta Balvaad De Vaar Ramkali Ki Vaar ?

What is this,  i dont have any info? 

  •  

Its a bani that everyone should read but i jumped a bit mentioning this bani paath as its very hard to read first time but with more practice i got better.

Here is a audio recording plus links to the saakhi which took place. Also many mahapurshs have read this bani in the evening as i read and heard.

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Satta_and_Balwand

http://www.discoversikhism.com/sikh_gurus/bhai_satta_and_balwand.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...