angy15

Hindusim not a Relgion,its just a Geographical Identity?

hindu is the national identity, not hinduism.

I think Sikhs need to grasp the concept of 'Indic' (which plays a big part in their heritage - although it is not the be all and end all) and not equate this too 'Hinduism', which (to me) looks like another modern colonial era construct (like 'Sikhism')? 

i think   the title  should be  "Hindu not a Relgion,its just a Geographical Identity?"

Because  Hindusim is related to Sanatan Dharma and Hindu are  people born in Indian region.

Even today if you visit Israel, Iran they call christian, sikh, muslim as Hind and not by there religion identity

On 3/14/2018 at 8:30 AM, angy15 said:

Because  Hindusim is related to Sanatan Dharma and Hindu are  people born in Indian region.

related, not the same.

On 3/13/2018 at 8:59 PM, dalsingh101 said:

I think Sikhs need to grasp the concept of 'Indic' (which plays a big part in their heritage - although it is not the be all and end all) and not equate this too 'Hinduism', which (to me) looks like another modern colonial era construct (like 'Sikhism')? 

hanji it is a colonial construct

On 3/14/2018 at 4:30 AM, angy15 said:

i think   the title  should be  "Hindu not a Relgion,its just a Geographical Identity?"

Even today if you visit Israel, Iran they call christian, sikh, muslim as Hind and not by there religion identity

Snatan Dharma means Original Dharma.

This is term is not referring to any one particular religion even though people seem to associate it with Hinduism.

The Original Dharma is the Dharma of every individual, it is the Responsibility of every individual.

What is that responsibility?

That responsibility is to bring into harmony their own self with their environment, their family, their tribe*, other tribes, all animals, all other life forms, the earth, the universe.

All actions should be carried out from this harmony, so that they have a positive effect that resonates through your self, your environment, your family, your tribe, other tribes, all animals, all life forms and the universe.

*Tribe means any boundaries you choose to draw between people in order to classify them in to group/groups.