i found a really interesting book written by the 16th century Spanish poet and saint. it has been a good guide, even though he is from a different religion the views are very similar to gurbani. He makes u realize that spiritual people that are guided by god have no religion. 

http://www.carmelitemonks.org/Vocation/DarkNight-StJohnoftheCross.pdf 

You should look at the work of other mystics too..  Meister Eckhart, Francis of Assisi, Catheriine of Siena, Augustine, St. Catherine of Genoa....etc.  

You'll be surprised at the many parallels about what truth is and having darshan of waheguru.  Even the majority of the lyrics by the rock band U2, are about very deep spiritual levels as mentioned by many of these catholic mystics.

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2018 at 8:57 PM, Lucky said:

You should look at the work of other mystics too..  Meister Eckhart, Francis of Assisi, Catheriine of Siena, Augustine, St. Catherine of Genoa....etc.  

You'll be surprised at the many parallels about what truth is and having darshan of waheguru.  Even the majority of the lyrics by the rock band U2, are about very deep spiritual levels as mentioned by many of these catholic mystics.

Can you name some books that you highly recommend? 

• 2 years later...
Guest Hardeep Singh

Waheguru G ka khalsa

Waheguru G ki Fateh

Dark dark night of the soul comes after the awakening of the soul. It is a process of dissociation with this reality. Hundred thousand of lives you have experienced in this 3rd dimension, and after so much time you came to know your true self, which is not the body or mind, which is eternal and trascends space and time. You have to experience the udasi or dark night of the soul before you dissolve into supreme consiousness.

I FEEL SO BLESSED AFTER FINDING THIS PAGE, THAT MY SIKH BROTHER ANS SISTERS PRACTICE SPIRITUALITY WHICH WAS THE REAL GOAL OF SIKHISM, RATHER THAN COMPETING WITH OTHERS. LOTS OF LOVE TO YU ALL.SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

19 hours ago, Guest Hardeep Singh said:

Waheguru G ka khalsa

Waheguru G ki Fateh

Dark dark night of the soul comes after the awakening of the soul. It is a process of dissociation with this reality. Hundred thousand of lives you have experienced in this 3rd dimension, and after so much time you came to know your true self, which is not the body or mind, which is eternal and trascends space and time. You have to experience the udasi or dark night of the soul before you dissolve into supreme consiousness.

I FEEL SO BLESSED AFTER FINDING THIS PAGE, THAT MY SIKH BROTHER ANS SISTERS PRACTICE SPIRITUALITY WHICH WAS THE REAL GOAL OF SIKHISM, RATHER THAN COMPETING WITH OTHERS. LOTS OF LOVE TO YU ALL.SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

Great revival post Hanji. 

Catholicism and Christianity has produced some true gems in their swamp. It's proof of the power of prayer and devotion. 

I will warn you as an former irish catholic you must learn to discern and trust specific christians only. In the spiritual realm we are allies. 

The vast majority of christian organizations however, and their doctrines, and missionaries are dangerous to the Paanth and anyone they encounter. 

The christian faith by and large is two faiths, and the dominant one is not dedicated to Christ. 

Compete no. Protect ourselves yes. Discern and calloborate yes. We do need ways to interface with Dharmi Christians. 

They did leave mass graves behind them all over the world and even the recent iterations are known racists. 

To be honest real Christians would benefit from consulting Gurmat and the Khalsa for ideas how to sort their own over run house out. 

We need to sort our house out as an example. 

I also believe that it is Christ's wish that real Christians become Khalsa Sikhs, and short of that is the recitation of YHWH, Our Father, Hosanna, and reform based on Gospel and Gurbani. 

19 hours ago, Guest Hardeep Singh said:

Waheguru G ka khalsa

Waheguru G ki Fateh

May we all be blessed with the recognition and experience of this. 

• 5 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 1:25 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Great revival post Hanji. 

Catholicism and Christianity has produced some true gems in their swamp. It's proof of the power of prayer and devotion. 

I will warn you as an former irish catholic you must learn to discern and trust specific christians only. In the spiritual realm we are allies. 

The vast majority of christian organizations however, and their doctrines, and missionaries are dangerous to the Paanth and anyone they encounter. 

The christian faith by and large is two faiths, and the dominant one is not dedicated to Christ. 

Compete no. Protect ourselves yes. Discern and calloborate yes. We do need ways to interface with Dharmi Christians. 

They did leave mass graves behind them all over the world and even the recent iterations are known racists. 

To be honest real Christians would benefit from consulting Gurmat and the Khalsa for ideas how to sort their own over run house out. 

We need to sort our house out as an example. 

I also believe that it is Christ's wish that real Christians become Khalsa Sikhs, and short of that is the recitation of YHWH, Our Father, Hosanna, and reform based on Gospel and Gurbani. 

What do you like about the different individual denominations of Christianity ?

Which have beliefs that are uniquely close to dharam?

For example, I know the names of many denominations but little actually about them

Over here, we have Catholic, Anglican, Quakers, Baptist, Methodist, Seven Day Adventists, Jehovah Witness (and more I am sure)

And what your view on Amish ?

1 hour ago, Premi said:

What do you like about the different individual denominations of Christianity ?

Which have beliefs that are uniquely close to dharam?

For example, I know the names of many denominations but little actually about them

Over here, we have Catholic, Anglican, Quakers, Baptist, Methodist, Seven Day Adventists, Jehovah Witness (and more I am sure)

And what your view on Amish ?

I've met select good christians from all those groups. 

Quakers, Amish, and Menonites have a better reputation overall.

Quakers especially the world is asleep on. Probably most Dharmi. They are chaste householders, who connect directly with God, hence the name which is a byproduct of their devotions. They are known to adopt instead of procreate, even in marriages, because they believe too many poor children will be born into Kalyug already. 

Amish and Menonites are fine people overall with a lot of fine practices. 

Jehovah witnesses actually have quite a bit going for them as well. In terms of preparedness and congregation. 

Mormons take the cake on that but they're not very Dharmi in many other ways. 

The rest of the faiths are all reiterations of protestantism and devoid of value except on the individual basis.

Exception black baptists. Who resemble us more in the spirit of music, struggle, and history. 

Christianity had the Dharam taken out unfortunately, and mostly churches are fake. The wasp and catholic ones in fact the opposite of what they caim to be. 

3 hours ago, Premi said:

I thought he was protestant? He seems to have converted to it at the least (then maybe Sikh or more accurately the brand of 'Sikhism' that developed during colonisation). I had email contact with the author working on the biography years ago (Tagdh Foley), he was kind enough to share a piece he wrote on Macauliffe in a journal (which is now on my scribd).