Meditation for beginners

Guest JSK11

Guest JSK11

Hello,

Im just starting to get more and more into Sikhi and have never really meditated so dont know what to do lol. Is it just and simple as sitting cross legged, eyes close and repeat Waheguru?

Can anybody offer any advice/tips/techniques for meditation? Perhaps do's and dont's and just general things that may help. Also how do i stop my mind from wondering whilst meditating like it so often does when i attempt to meditate or do paath and how to sit comfortabtly whilst meditating?

Thanks

8 hours ago, Guest JSK11 said:

Hello,

Im just starting to get more and more into Sikhi and have never really meditated so dont know what to do lol. Is it just and simple as sitting cross legged, eyes close and repeat Waheguru?

Can anybody offer any advice/tips/techniques for meditation? Perhaps do's and dont's and just general things that may help. Also how do i stop my mind from wondering whilst meditating like it so often does when i attempt to meditate or do paath and how to sit comfortabtly whilst meditating?

Thanks

It is great that you are getting more into Sikhism. This way you have a great chance of realizing the aim of this human life.

Here is a small video clip (from another topic) by Gyani Kulwant Singh jee on how to steady the mind, which might help you a bit.

Bhul chuk maaf

8 hours ago, Guest JSK11 said:

Hello,

Thanks

Also, please do become a registered member of this forum, if you want to be.

Check out the first four topics listed on the page below.

http://www.sikhawareness.com/forum/44-meditation-simran-bhakti-jap/

The below topic might also help you.

Bhul chuk maaf

• 5 weeks later...

The Structure(in brief) which I follow myself:

1. Rise in the amrit vela (4:00 Am to 7:00Am). Move your Bowels ,bathing depends on the situation

2. Massage the body  with oil especially nerve ending and joints.

3.Do 10-30 minutes stretching exercise  to energize yourself .Relax for a while (You can customize  series of exercise)

4. Do some pranyama exercise like kapalbharthi,Alom Vilom,Agni Sar etc

5.Meditation 

1.   Posture: Sit in easy pose with spine straight.Hands on your knees in Gyan Mudra
  2.  Focus: Eyes are closed and focused on third point
  3. Breath : Normal breath through nose
  4. Mantra: Chant Waheguru ,Waheguru and listen to the Mantra while Chanting.
  5. Time :7-11 minutes

Inhale deeply and relax

Satnam

Nothing complex about it.

Sit comfortably and relaxed.

close eyes

say out the words Wahe Guru, with slight pause between the wahe and guru. Don't go straight into mental meditation. Jap it out aloud and listen to the sound of your own voice as you say each part of the Gurmantar.

the goal is not to let the mind wonder but remain focused on the sound of your voice so it listens to each repetition. 

If you see it wondering off or realise after its gone bring it back and start listening again.

very well explained here