Sri Charitropakhyan Sahib jee Series - Charitar #35

This one seems different. It seems to be about a bloke making a fool of women, instead of the other way round. 

The name of the favorite wife is Asman Kala, which means "the one with incomparable power". The name of the other one is not mentioned. But, my guess is that this wife is smarter or has certain good qualities compared to the other one, even though both of them are beautiful.

The King might have done this to empower Asman Kala. He is trying to show her that I like you so much that I can make love (have sex) with you with the other wife present nearby. In this way, he might be trying to win her heart and confidence.

A similar situation might come up at a workplace. A supervisor might praise an employee in front of other employees to win his trust and confidence. His motive might be show the employee that I like you more than the others. Obviously, he could do this in a closed-door meeting, but doing it in the open, in front of other employees might be more effective.

Bhul chuk maaf

47 minutes ago, amardeep said:

Could it be relating to the frame story saying here is the queen playing you both at once but one of you is “blinded”.

That's brilliant. So, the two wives represent the king (Chitar Singh) and the prince (Hanuwant Singh). The prince is aware of the situation, but the king is blinded by his attachment to the queen (Chitar Mati).

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, amardeep said:

Could it be relating to the frame story saying here is the queen playing you both at once but one of you is “blinded”. An earlier charitar also talked about being blinded so there is some continuity here. 

On 5/10/2018 at 9:07 PM, dalsingh101 said:

This one seems different. It seems to be about a bloke making a fool of women, instead of the other way round. 

It is the way the King carries out his actions that I feel is the main point. The King has no shortage of female admirers who live for his gaze as shown in the intro. But the story then tells us that the King has two women. With these two women, why does the King feel the need to express his love for one, yet blindfold one to sport with the other? If he were King and they were his wives/companions he would not need to hide his activities. He IS the King after all.

This tells us that although there are two women in the palace their relationship is different with the King. One is what we might consider lawful and the other is one we would consider unlawful. This is what seems to be reflected in the root story onloy it has been showed from the opposite viewpoint. To me it seems like the Minister wanted to also portray the charitar as being played like a game. A game of hide and seek, which was fun for the one woman who enjoyed it and took it seriously yet the King and the other woman used it for another purpose. The young Queen in the original story seems to think that it would be some kind of game to move on the King's son and then get him executed when he resisted her advances.

Paapiman if you add the charitars as above I will add the Panjabi version from the steek:

814203350_351.png.a17c134788baef34840226ef5a008cc5.png

30048829_351.5.png.5a12ab006594ce9c92cbc0f735971ffa.png

888721105_352.png.9d17f0758d4072c07e984081d4525cd0.png

On 5/10/2018 at 4:17 AM, paapiman said:

good touch to add that bro. it provides an easy access to the gurmukhi script which I feel is essential to read.