The Scientist (2015) Medical Marijuana: Studying For a Higher Purpose - Prof. Dr. Raphael Mechoulam (video)

12 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

How old are you veera? Did something happen that originally triggered these migraines off? How long do they last? 

Does simran help?

You don't have to answer if you don't want btw.

Veer ji i have hit 30 a few months ago.  

What triggered them off the migraine problem was after having a cheese baked pasta dish. After eating it i remember finishing off the 2nd half of Sukhmani Sahib via samsung tablet. Then as soon as i had finished i had nasty pain in my right eye and a like a water tap i started to throw up and it wouldn't stop at all and it went on for hours. So i went to A&E and they gave me a injection to stop it along with a drip and blood tests. So i spent the night there in hospital. And was discharged in the morning and given anti sickness pills.

So thats where all of my problems started with acid reflux build up and frequent headaches.

When the migraine does happen it doesn't stop until i take codeine based painkillers with antisickness &antisickness and sumatriptan. I usually wait a hour or 2 for the codeine to help it then triptan.

Simran no offence hasn't helped i know it should it help it but the medication numbs it down the the pain.

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

When the migraine does happen it doesn't stop until i take codeine based painkillers with antisickness &antisickness and sumatriptan. I usually wait a hour or 2 for the codeine to help it then triptan.

Brother Soulfinder,

sorry to know about your migraine problem,  found the following video for migraine relief, can you give it a try and let us know if it helped you to any extent?

Best of luck.

SSA.

48 minutes ago, harsharan000 said:

Brother Soulfinder,

sorry to know about your migraine problem,  found the following video for migraine relief, can you give it a try and let us know if it helped you to any extent?

Best of luck.

SSA.

Thanks veer ji its not nice the migraine headache problems as it does cause me to miss my nitnem banis due to the weakness. 

Thanks for sharing the video veer ji. I do hope it helps my problems as its not nice having it.

Here's another acupressure technique that has helped me big time when I've ever had migraines:

When you next have one, use the thumb and forefinger (the finger next to your thumb) of your right hand and place them slap bang in the middle of each eyebrow.

Then start applying pressure whilst slowly making tiny circles on the pressure point. Don't be afraid to really start applying hard pressure (as much as your body allows) do this for about 30 seconds/1 minute continuously. It might feel uncomfortable to start with but keep at it. Keep that pressure on the pressure point consistently without removing your finger and thumb. After the time is passed -  remove your digits. You should feel immediate relief. 

Try it and let us know how it works.

People do use cannabinoids for migraines and it seems to work. But veer ji, you'll have to go through all the rigmarole of getting hold of the right type of stuff for this, which is another big problem. So try the accupressure instead.

With Waheguru's kirpa, you should hopefully be able to get off the meds soon.  

3 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Here's another acupressure technique that has helped me big time when I've ever had migraines:

When you next have one, use the thumb and forefinger (the finger next to your thumb) of your right hand and place them slap bang in the middle of each eyebrow.

Then start applying pressure whilst slowly making tiny circles on the pressure point. Don't be afraid to really start applying hard pressure (as much as your body allows) do this for about 30 seconds/1 minute continuously. It might feel uncomfortable to start with but keep at it. Keep that pressure on the pressure point consistently without removing your finger and thumb. After the time is passed -  remove your digits. You should feel immediate relief. 

Try it and let us know how it works.

People do use cannabinoids for migraines and it seems to work. But veer ji, you'll have to go through all the rigmarole of getting hold of the right type of stuff for this, which is another big problem. So try the accupressure instead.

With Waheguru's kirpa, you should hopefully be able to get off the meds soon.  

Veer ji thanks i will try this and hopefully it help the migraine headaches. I always do ardas everyday for these migraine headaches to stop as their annoying so i am hoping guru sahib ji will do kirpa one day for it.

The cannabis oil stuff sounds addicative like a drug so thats something i wouldn't want to get into as i already use codeine in co codomal.

But this method veer ji sounds a lot easier compared to taking cbd oil.

Like i know that for toothache i have used salt water and garlic cloves to numb it down but for headaches migraines its hard to work out natural remedies for it but i will try the way you have described it veer ji and thanks for writting it.

23 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

The cannabis oil stuff sounds addicative like a drug so thats something i wouldn't want to get into as i already use codeine in co codomal.

Veera, CBD oil isn't remotely addictive, especially compared to codeine (which is an opiate). It doesn't intoxicate you either. It's THC and some other cannabinoids that do that.

If you don't get joy off the acupressure/massage techniques don't be afraid to try cbd oil. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Veera, CBD oil isn't remotely addictive, especially compared to codeine (which is an opiate). It doesn't intoxicate you either. It's THC and some other cannabinoids that do that.

If you don't get joy off the acupressure/massage techniques don't be afraid to try cbd oil. 

Veer ji you are right opiates are addicative as they fo have side effects for long term.

I saw on google that cbd oil is also good for toothaches so it does sound like a good alternative compared to using opiates.

I am going to start looking at where and how to buy the product like shops like Holland And Barrett & other health shops etc.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't know what to make of this???

Can cannabinoids protect against liver diseases?

Heavy alcohol drinkers who also smoke cannabis 'may slash their odds of getting killer liver diseases such as cirrhosis by up to 55%'

• Researchers analysed data on almost 320,000 heavy drinkers in the study
  • Those who smoked cannabis had a 45% lower chance of fatty liver disease
  • It's unclear why the drug has this effect, but it is known to be anti-inflammatory

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7635429/Binge-drinkers-smoke-cannabis-protected-liver-diseases.html 

Regardless of this, I think there's so much anecdotal and scientific information on the potential, medical usefulness of cannabinoids now, the government should sponsor serious research into it.  

Medicinal cannabis will be given to 20,000 British patients in first major trial of drug's impact - a year after it was made legal on the NHS

• Project, named Twenty21, was launched yesterday and will run until end of 2021
  • To test impact on chronic pain, MS, epilepsy, PTSD, Tourette's, anxiety, addiction
  • Medical marijuana been legal since last November but impossible to get on NHS 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7664057/Medicinal-cannabis-given-20-000-British-patients-major-trial.html

• 2 weeks later...

Look how quick these have sold out!!

Pendus back home need to get in on the action. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7701269/CBD-gummies-Starpowa-100-product-sells-minutes.html

• 4 weeks later...

Budding economy: How indigenous peoples are cashing in on Canada’s cannabis boom

Canada’s indigenous peoples are pioneering the billion-dollar bonanza that is the country’s growing cannabis market.

The biggest hub is the tiny Mohawk territory of Tyendinaga, about two hours east of Toronto.

On a speck of land three miles wide and 12 miles deep, there are more than 60 cannabis dispensaries selling all manner of products – from pot to THC sweets.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/canada-indigenous-cannabis-market-tyedinaga-toronto-a9245831.html

^^^

That's really good to hear that at least some indigenous people kept their sovereignty and told the gorayaan de maharani to eff off. lol

And I'm going to say, stuff like the above is what makes some people think that Juts in Panjab are a retarded race. They should be all over this. But they'll be crying about the lack of 'gorment' support like children no doubt. 

• NHS will start prescribing its first cannabis-based medicine for epilepsy in just three weeks after health bosses 'fast-track' funding

• Epidyolex with clobazam will be given to people with two rare forms of epilepsy 
  • The NHS has negotiated a special price for the £850-a-bottle medication 
  • 2,000 patients with Dravet syndrome or Lennox Gastaut syndrome could benefit
  • Research has suggested the drug can cut seizures by up to 40 per cent 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7813771/First-cannabis-drug-epilepsy-NHS-funded-January-6.html

The NHS has negotiated a special price for the £850-a-bottle medication 

Waheguru!!!!!

Here's what's available so far (3):

The Government legalised cannabis-based medicines in the UK in November 2018.

The law change was made after a high pressure public campaign by families of children with severe forms of epilepsy, who said their youngsters could benefit from the drugs.

However, patients have found it hard to access drugs since then because medications must also be licensed and funded before an NHS patient can get them.

Any licensed drug can be prescribed by a private doctor, but patients have to pay for them themselves.

Only three cannabis-based medicines currently have NHS funding.

Nabilone – Nabilone is a drug taken orally to reduce sickness in patients having chemotherapy for cancer. It was approved by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) in August.

Sativex – Sativex is a nasal spray cannabis-based drug which is used to reduce spasticity (muscle stiffness) in some patients with multiple sclerosis. NICE approved Sativex in November.

Epidyolex with clobazam – Epidyolex is an oral solution used to reduce the frequency of seizures in children with Dravet syndrome and Lennox Gastaut syndrome, severe forms of epilepsy. Clobazam is an already approved anti-epileptic drug which does not contain cannabis.

• 2 months later...

Former MP and Labour veteran Frank Field urges Boris Johnson to make cannabis available on the NHS after revealing he took 'wonder drug' to ease 'crippling' back pain

• The 77-year-old said CBD drug Bedrolite cured pain that had left him bedbound
  • He called on Boris Johnson to meet with him to discuss legalising the drug
  • Medicinal cannabis has been available on NHS since 2018 but rarely prescribed 

• 1 month later...

Make of it what you will. Not very solid in my opinion, but interesting nonetheless: 

Cannabis shows promise blocking coronavirus infection: Alberta researcher

https://calgaryherald.com/cannabis/cannabis-shows-promise-blocking-coronavirus-infection-alberta-researcher/

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Outside of potential health benefits, Panjab would do well to jump on this for the economic potential/benefits, no?   

5 hours ago, GurjantGnostic said:

Absolutely. Not only positioned optimally but I hear a lot of farmers need work.  

There's a serious problem with lack of crop diversity there. The economy seems stagnant. Something like cannabis could easily create new revenues. 

Or start growing opium to turn into heroin and then throw the packets over the border to give them to55ers a taste of their own medicine. lol!

• 1 month later...

Very interesting account (by Honigberger) of bhang use and also treatments for adverse effects on the mind:

2064228518_honigbergerexcesssukhaandbhangrecipe.png.77f9aab19878cd3959fa194fa5fd5578.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/1/2019 at 1:34 PM, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji i have hit 30 a few months ago.  

What triggered them off the migraine problem was after having a cheese baked pasta dish. After eating it i remember finishing off the 2nd half of Sukhmani Sahib via samsung tablet. Then as soon as i had finished i had nasty pain in my right eye and a like a water tap i started to throw up and it wouldn't stop at all and it went on for hours. So i went to A&E and they gave me a injection to stop it along with a drip and blood tests. So i spent the night there in hospital. And was discharged in the morning and given anti sickness pills.

So thats where all of my problems started with acid reflux build up and frequent headaches.

Simran no offence hasn't helped i know it should it help it but the medication numbs it down the the pain.

Bro. That's one of the reasons Sukha is good. It doesn't numb pain, it just shifts it one degree over, so you still feel the pain energy and you can go into it and release it with Simran and range of massage.. gentle breathing..moving...Jaaping motions. 

There is an energy area in the back of the head behind the right eye that a metaphysicst said is involved with passing information from the astral world into the physical. Your optic nerve is back there and it's a huge nexus for more than just your eyeballs which already carry a heavy load. We have radial optic nerves in our hands as well. Eyes in our palms. Our third eye. 

I myself have a lot of pain in this area that I work out through Simran, hydration, a variety of physical movements and self adjustements, and Sukha eaten or drank. 

Tension in this back of the head will refer and relate to tension in the back between the shoulder blades, and the counterpoint on the chest, and that relates to breathing and circulation. 

All of us have a tendency, in this modern hunched over life, be become hunched forward, neck collapsed, face straining to see screens. 

This leads to poor circulation in the limbs and carpal tunnel syndrome. Where some other eyes are. 

We have a bio feedback, bio physical, mental emotional spiritual relationship with the body and its' pains, functions, and dysfunctions. 

I recommend you release into better and better posture, not tighten, through Simran, in all daily life activities. Fully given Sis, released, gone. Fully open heart, chest open, arms release back and down.  Release the excess energy our of your dominant arm. You actually only have one arm with two sides and the energy needs to be equal. There is no left and right. 

And when tying your Pagh and Dastar, and I can't even tie one myself, but look at it from this outside amature perspective if you will, that you are tying a bandage that is intended to fascilitate craneo sacral release, and open and shift and realign the plates of the skull. So tie it differently from day to day, in a way that should sort of..fasciltate the cracking or.crack your head and pop your neck at the back of the skull where the optic nerve is. Lay on a hard floor no pillow and gently massage your neck and the back of the head by rolling it around into the floor while you release and do simran and lay there. Then roll and rock side to side and massage your whole back into the hard floor. Coordinate the breathing with gentle loving Vahegurus. 

Meditate eyes open, eyes closed, eyes halfway, and release eye strain and the desire to see, and muscles at the back of the eyes and make sure if you wear lenses they are the right prescription 100. 

The opiates mask pain, which means the pain info is not being received by your body, and so your body cannot respond to fix the problem. It's not reading the emails. The trick is to say yes to pain and dive into deeper and deeper and more and more, and release and dive and yes...and say yes more..and when you do, the pain frequencies slow down, and you realize that pain and pleasure are the same frequency, pain is just pleasure going too fast. When you slow it down..you realize it is pleasure...and that the pleasure we take in this place is from a pain we experience...then release. This is pain and pleasure. Anand is beyond all this. 

Sukha both helps you process pain the right way, and cures nasseau. There are many edibles and oils. Cbds. Delta 8. Especially cbds. 

If you have access to real Sukha there are great videos on Shaheed Degh and Bhang. Bhang is just healthy period. 

And my brother I love...you are already x amount addicted to opiates. You need to ween off slowly and not touch them. It's the primary killer of people under 50 bro and fills prisons with good people who get prescribed them, addicted, taken off them abruptly, and then they hit pills on the streets and heroin bro. I love you bro. Please ween off that. It's a no win end game. 

Get acupuncture, do anything, don't take that stuff. 

There arent fields of natural afeem around. You can't naturally sustain a relationship with opiates in the world today. 

Bro. Go to somebody who does craneo sacral therapy, or orthobionomy, or applied kineseology, or a chiropractor that isn't a scam artist, or a massage therapist. 

You need your neck cracked bro. You'll feel all this circulation, and mucus, and all sorts of stuff flow when you get it done. Our heads are all jammed up literally and figuratively and our faces are contorted into masks and mask pain. 

Alexander Principle is an amazing book Han Ji. 

If you're feeling greeb bro you have to do all this yourself rolling on the floor and moving around and praying and releasing until you can pop things the natural way. Never force. Never do it your way. Open up the body and move it and release in a way it just pops itself. It let's it cascade or errupt out. And massage all the muscles through moving, laying down, sitting cross legged or lotus and doing circular movement, standing. You gotta massage yourself like a bear does.