The Scientist (2015) Medical Marijuana: Studying For a Higher Purpose - Prof. Dr. Raphael Mechoulam (video)

4 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

So our Gurus taught us to be brave, optimistic and active in the most dire of circumstances - that's something at the core of Sikhi in my opinion. 

You are right veer ji.

But also i think the main root of power is Sri Dasam Granth Sahib Di Banis like Bramh Kavach,Chandi Di Vaar,Shastar Naam Mala,Akaal Ustat and many more. As these banis will give the Siphai soldier side and Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Banis will give a Sant side as they will go hand in hand with Bir Ras and Shant Ras.

I heard in katha that these banis made the mughals defeat as pathans did research to find out where the strength comes of the purtaan sikhs.

8 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

It's not ABC simple bhai ji. Lots of factors accounted for Sikh success in the past, including quality training. 

You are right veer ji its not easy as abc cos for both Gurbani Paaths and pyhsical well being a lot of training is needed for both sides.

Plus another thing that helped was having ekta having family pyar between sikhs as well rather than how today how Sikhi has became as caste is a no1 issue due to gurdwaras made under castes in the uk and other countries.

Then you have jathas fighting among themselves without naming anyone due to marydas banis etc. This just put more fuel for sikhi rather than helping.

• 1 month later...

Here are some interesting links to patents for cannabinoids. The first one is really interesting (for those scientifically inclined) in that it comes from a UK based pharmaceutical company. It's interesting to note that they are terming the cannabinoids they refer to as their 'inventions'. 

https://patents.google.com/patent/EP2254565A1/en?oq=ep2254565a1

https://patents.google.com/patent/US8071641

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

British politicians keeping the money to themselves.....

Tory Party deputy chairman’s dancer-turned-barrister cousin buys 4,000-acre farm in Sierra Leone to grow and import cannabis after obtaining licence to make drug for use in medicines

• James Cleverly's cousin Chris is the executive chairman of Block Commodities
  • On Wednesday it became one of few UK firms to get licence to grow cannabis
  • Chris Cleverly told MoS that James had had no involvement in the company and had been ‘very busy with Brexit’

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6868685/Tory-Party-deputy-chairmans-cousin-buys-4-000-acre-farm-grow-import-cannabis.html

This is an absolute disgrace. Shameless!

Mother of severely epileptic nine-year-old girl weeps after Southend Airport border control seize vital cannabis oil that ease daughter's deadly seizures

• Emma Appleby, from Aylesham near Dover, wept at Southend airport in Essex
  • Three-month supply of medical cannabis oils for her daughter was confiscated 
  • Teagan, nine, suffers up to 300 seizures a day due to rare chromosomal disorder 
  • 11941190-6893903-image-a-24_155456232968

11941186-6893903-Teagan_suffers_from_a_r

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6893903/Mother-severely-epileptic-nine-year-old-girl-weeps-Southend-Airport-border.html

One of the comments in the above article:

How sad and the truth will come out at some stage. The UK is the largest manufacturer and exporter of medical marijuana products IN THE WORLD. Companies who are connected with the ruling classes are making millions while the benefits of this medicine are denied to ordinary people whose lives could be changed for the better.

• 1 month later...

This one might be very handy for back home given what I'm seeing in that Udta Punjab film.......

Plus pendus can make this stuff pretty easily. 

Cannabis-derived compound CBD could be used to treat HEROIN addiction by reducing addicts’ cravings for the illegal drug

• Researchers in New York tested the effects of CBD on 42 former heroin addicts
  • They found the cannabis-based medicine reduced their stress and anxiety
  • If it works, using CBD, which is easy to buy, could save the lives of opiate addicts 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7053387/Cannabis-chemical-CBD-save-lives-heroin-addicts-reducing-cravings.html

• 3 weeks later...

Research on Cannabinoids Over the Decades and What’s to Come - Raphael Mechoulam

Here's a still from the above talk which highlights the type of conditions they think cannabinoids might help:

1126626374_cannabinoidresearchstill.thumb.png.e6cb10925d1c0ac0ac85bf47eeb1a40a.png

I didn't know about 130 Americans die from opiod overdose everyday in the US. 

I wonder what the figure for Panjab is? 

Medical marijuana is NOT the solution to the opioid epidemic: Overdose deaths are HIGHER in US states that sell prescription pot, study suggests

• Medical marijuana is now legal in some form in 47 states in the US 
  • Some studies have suggested that legal marijuana may help to drive down rates of fatal opioid overdoses - but drug deaths continue to surge
  • A new Stanford University study suggests that opioid overdoses have actually increased by 23 percent in states with legal medical marijuana since 2014 
  • The analysis does not look at recreational marijuana and just 2.5 percent of the population uses medical pot  

As some 130 Americans a day die after an opioid overdose, public health officials and researchers are desperately trying to work out what will stem the epidemic - and what won't. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-7125291/Opioid-overdoses-increased-states-legal-medical-marijuana.html

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Interesting case from Slough:

Slough mum who was given weeks to live after cancer diagnosis beats condition with 'miracle cannabis'

https://www.sloughobserver.co.uk/news/17568235.slough-mum-who-was-given-weeks-to-live-after-cancer-diagnosis-beats-condition-with-miracle-cannabis/

11 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Men it would be great if it could help with migraine headaches i would love to try for that.

What did the conventional doctors tell you about your condition veer? 

45 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

What did the conventional doctors tell you about your condition veer? 

Veer ji well so far all they have done is that they did a ct scan of my head last year which came out normal. They said its just migraines i am getting but no proper cause answer is given. 

One of the gps really annoyed me as he said to me not to take anything for the headaches migraines which was the most stupid thing i have ever heard. He kept saying its overuse medication headache but the symptoms are different to that and my headaches that i am getting are different as i know nowdays what triggers off my migraines as it was chocolate cereal last few weeks ago and yesterday it was a film i watched on tv on sunday as my eyes and head felt heavy.

They have given me migraine pills like sumatriptan and migraleve. Also painkillers like Co Codomal,Naproxen(which i hate as it didn't help at all).

Currently i am taking Pizotifen 0.5mg twice a day for my problems. 

Last year i had balance mechanism problem as my ears were heating up. But that got back to normal after a few weeks with medication and the ct scan came out ok. It was quite scary as everything was closing in around me especially when i looked up and down lol.

15 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Currently i am taking Pizotifen 0.5mg twice a day for my problems. 

How you finding these?

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

They are helping and it does feel better than before when i was on amtriptyline 10mg which didn't help much.

The gp did say to see him after 4 weeks when starting this dose so i am gonna try to see him this week.

How long have you had these migraines? 

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

Almost 3 years now veer ji.

How old are you veera? Did something happen that originally triggered these migraines off? How long do they last? 

Does simran help?

You don't have to answer if you don't want btw.