Best time for simran during amrit vela and evening

11 hours ago, paapiman said:

Sri Rehraas Sahib is meant to be recited after sunset, but before 11 pm. So, if the sunset is at 9 pm, then 8 pm - 10 pm would be a good time for meditation.

There are three Sandheyas in a day, Amritvela, near afternoon and near sunset. Most likely, these are the best times for meditation.

Other than that, whenever a person feels like doing Simran, he should do it.

Bhul chuk maaf 

Thanks bro. Wasn’t sure about evening 

thanks for that ji

15 hours ago, Manrajsingh said:

What would you do in this case?? 

🤔

that’s way past my sleeping time🙄

61D5D69E-B642-48A0-AE76-38E57FC49C45.jpeg

In this situation, IMHO, you can follow the timings of Punjab.

There are two options:

• If the sunset is at 6:30 pm in Punjab, you can do your meditation or Sri Reharaas Sahib jee after that time (that is 6:30 pm GMT).
  • When it is 6:30 pm in Punjab, your time will be 1 pm GMT. Therefore, you can do meditation after that time (anytime between 1 pm GMT till sunset). Nowadays the sunset in Punjab is around 7:10 pm (1:40 pm GMT). Around that time, Paath of Sri Rehraas Sahib jee will commence at Sri Harmandar Sahib jee and other historic Gurudwaras in Punjab. 

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

There are two options:

• If the sunset is at 6:30 pm in Punjab, you can do your meditation or Sri Reharaas Sahib jee after that time (that is 6:30 pm GMT).
  • When it is 6:30 pm in Punjab, your time will be 1 pm GMT. Therefore, you can do meditation after that time (anytime between 1 pm GMT till sunset). Nowadays the sunset in Punjab is around 7:10 pm (1:40 pm GMT). Around that time, Sri Rehraas Sahib jee Paath will commence at Sri Harmandar Sahib jee and other historic Gurudwaras in Punjab. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Never thought that, but that seems logical

Thanks ji

On 6/7/2018 at 10:02 PM, paapiman said:

There are two options:

• When it is 6:30 pm in Punjab, your time will be 1 pm GMT. Therefore, you can do meditation after that time (anytime between 1 pm GMT till sunset). Nowadays the sunset in Punjab is around 7:10 pm (1:40 pm GMT). Around that time, Paath of Sri Rehraas Sahib jee will commence at Sri Harmandar Sahib jee and other historic Gurudwaras in Punjab. 

Bhul chuk maaf

Bro are you serious right now ?? lol. Where is this info coming from? Is there a source or at least personal experience? 

1 hour ago, HisServant said:

Bro are you serious right now ?? lol. Where is this info coming from? Is there a source or at least personal experience? 

As mentioned in the post, it's an opinion. It seems logical to me.

Do you have any other insights on this topic? If so, please do share them.

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, HisServant said:

I just don’t see why amrit vela on the other side of the planet would have an effect on someone who’s no where near that place. 

Well, the vibrations being emitted by all historical Gurudwaras in India would be very strong. One just needs to be at a spiritual level (obviously very high) to be able to tune the mind to them. 

It will be a lot easier for a person to tune his mind to those frequencies, if he has physically been to those places (Gurudwaras) and done intense meditation there.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Well, the vibrations being emitted by all historical Gurudwaras in India would be very strong. One just needs to be at a spiritual level (obviously very high) to be able to tune the mind to them. 

It will be a lot easier for a person to tune his mind to those frequencies, if he has physically been to those places (Gurudwaras) and done intense meditation there.

Bhul chuk maaf

I’m not going to argue this any further but this doesn’t make any logical sense to me. But I would highly suggest either speaking from personal experience or at least having some type of gurbani source. Because it seems like you’re just making this up. 

3 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji you are 100% right. I heard from katha that Gurdwaras especially historical have sheehad singh presence which does help a lot as well for doing bhagati and how sick ill people have been cured as there are a quite a few examples.

I do remember in katha that Baba Jarnail Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawale had darshan of Mata Sahib Kaur Ji at Sri Hazaur Sahib when they went there with the jatha wale singhs.

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 7:02 PM, paapiman said:

There are two options:

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:06 AM, paapiman said:

Ridiculous!

You need to find out what amrit vela means and why it's called amrit vela.

Your logic is not gurmat. It's your own mind's manmat.

Guru's mat says

ਗੁਰ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਕਾ ਜੋ ਸਿਖੁ ਅਖਾਏ ਸੁ ਭਲਕੇ ਉਠਿ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮੁ ਧਿਆਵੈ ॥
Gur saṯgur kā jo sikẖ akẖā▫e so bẖalke uṯẖ har nām ḏẖi▫āvai.
One who calls himself a Sikh of the Guru, the True Guru, shall rise in the early morning hours and meditate on the Lord's Name.

2 hours ago, Lucky said:

Don't let these issues come in the path of your abyaas.  Such arguments and cynics, will just drain and suck out your spiritual energies.    Continue on your path and keep checking gurbani for guru's mat.

Completely agree Lucky. Its amazing how much people will waste on these issues rather than focus on the essential naam simran at amrit vela.

14 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji you are 100% right. I heard from katha that Gurdwaras especially historical have sheehad singh presence which does help a lot as well for doing bhagati and how sick ill people have been cured as there are a quite a few examples.

You have an excellent point bro, but that applies to the sangat who physically do Bhagti there. What HisServant was asking was how can an amritvela at one place (like in India) affect a person (In Canada), who is far away from that place.

Do try to find any katha link if you can, related to this topic.

Daas is 100% sure that Gurmukh Mahapurakhs can visit places, when they are in their samadhis.

Bhul chuk maaf

59 minutes ago, paapiman said:

You have an excellent point bro, but that applies to the sangat who physically do Bhagti there. What HisServant was asking was how can an amritvela at one place (like in India) affect a person (In Canada), who is far away from that place.

Do try to find any katha link if you can, related to this topic.

Daas is 100% sure that Gurmukh Mahapurakhs can visit places, when they are in their samadhis.

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji i will try to add any katha saakhi links if i find or hear about mahapurshs and amritvela.

But here is a true related tale i found by Bhai Jeevan Singh Ji AKJ who was a very kamai wale Gursikh when they were in Canada and they awoke a singh for amritvela in the uk.

BHAI SAHIB AND AMRIT VELA

After I had taken Amrit for about a year, my Amritvela (habit to getting up early) started getting slack. I used to do Amritvela with Bhai Saun Singh and Bhai Malkit Singh regularly at Bhai Saun Singh ji's house. However, I had stopped being as regular as before.

One day, early in the morning at amritvela, I was asleep. My father was at work on the night shift and my mother was up doing her paath when suddenly the phone rang. It was Bhai Sahib phoning from Canada. My mother picked it up.

Bhai sahib said, "Is bhaji there?" Mother replied, "No, Bhai sahib, he is at night shift." Bhai sahib replied, "No, I am not talking about Pita ji. Is Bhaji there." (bhai sahib always makes himself out to be the youngest, such is his humility)

My mother came upstairs and woke me up, saying it is Bhai sahib phoning. I got up and quickly ran downstairs.

I said fateh on the phone.

Bhai sahib replied with Fateh, then said, "Bhai ji, you have not mercy on me today, it is Amritvela, and you forgot to wake me."

There was a silence…

Honestly, never have I ever ever felt so embarrassed for missing Amritvela.

Bhai sahib said fateh, and I replied.

Me and my mother looked at each other wondering how Bhai sahib in Canada knew that I had, that day, forgotten to get up at Amritvela, here in UK.

https://m.facebook.com/SikhYouthFederation/photos/a.284337598372948.1073741828.272134296259945/911151375691564/?type=3

• 2 months later...
On 6/12/2018 at 5:06 PM, paapiman said:

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji here is a katha track video i found today by gyani thakur singh on histroical gurdwaras.

No one has told anyone to skip your nitnem times (Sandheya times at your location) and follow Punjab's time in this topic. 

The advice to follow Punjab's timings was given to a person, based on his situation (unable to do evening Nitnem, as he would be sleeping at that time). 

Bhul chuk maaf

5 hours ago, paapiman said:

The advice to follow Punjab's timings was given to a person, based on his situation (unable to do evening Nitnem, as he would be sleeping at that time). 

The correct advice should have been (in case the person is sleeping at the ambrosial hour for the reason not under his control or exceptionally long days or because of the life-style or job etc... ) Do the nitnem whenever you wake up; instead of suggesting to follow Punjab timings.

For your reference, if I remember correctly, Sant Baba Isher Singh Rara Sahib wale spoke about that in one of the bachans and/or deewans...i.e to do the path whenever you're up and before starting your routine. Somewhere He also mentions that the days are very long in London and therefore everything has to be done by the clock......something along the lines..