Is Celibacy the key to Genius?

Veer Ji many mahapurshs sants which i can think of right now that stayed sanyasi throughout their life were Sant Baba Jawala Singh Ji Harkowale, Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji Nanaksar, Sant Baba Attar Singh ji mastuana wale, Baba Karam Singh Ji Hoti Hardan, Sant Harnam Singh Ji Rampurkhera wale, Baba Mitt Singh Ji, Baba Isher Singh Ji Rara Sahib wale, Baba Harnam Singh Ji Bhucho Wale.

9 minutes ago, paapiman said:

Are you sure that Baba Karam Singh jee Hoti Mardan were celibate? I think he was married.

Bhul chuk maaf

Veer ji here is a link with Baba Ji's jeevani i found online. 

On the audio tracks it doesn't mention marriage but the pdf jeevani is there so i am sure if its full the audio tracks.

http://www.mahapurakh.com/sant-karam-singh

• 1 month later...

Is Celibacy the key to Genius?

It depends  from what perspective does one takes that state of being.  From the question as per this thread, and If I am not wrong  think the OP refers being nearer to the divine.

You see if possible, absistence from kaam, is always helpful  for stepping into spirituality, provided one attaches oneself  to  His Lotus Feet, through nishkam bhakti, otherwise, if not , and one is still devoted to Him, then too, He is so Dayalu, that by sincerely engaging in His bhakti, all our vikars will fade away or subdued in due time, that is nothing more to us, then about His apaar kirpa and beant wadeeayee.

That is why Guru Sahiban tells us in the Bani: Prabh ka simran man kee mael jaae. 

His simran, purifies us from all our impurities, such as: vikars, paaps, past sanskars, panj chor....

You see, it is only attachment which can create detachment in us. This means, attachment to His Lotus Feet, detaches us totally from maya,  panj chor, and every other thing which can be an obstacle between us and Him.

Once again, it is all His kirpa only, by which we get nearer to Him, to the extent, that one day we merge in Him.

Words fail to describe or sing even a tiny bit of His  infinite  glory.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

it's not only physical celibacy, but celibacy of the mind along with redirection of this powerful energy into Naam. This transforms the consciousness and greatly increases the speed at which you move into a state of higher consciousness. Note that this is different than normal worldy intellect. This is a more refined, spiritual intellect. Although I'm certain that the same thing can be used to power an increase in worldly intellect as well. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

People, who are into semen retention, must remember that just by preserving semen, don't expect magic to occur. In some cases, there is a danger of developing psychological problems too, if the sexual energy is not harnessed properly and converted into other useful energies.

Some of the items mentioned below can really help, especially if you are young (ages 13-30).

• Plenty of Naam Simran (which includes listening to Katha, Kirtan, etc) in sangat and in solitude.
  • Plenty of physical workout (that can include Yoga).
  • Passion in a field of education and working hard to excel in it 
  • Setting career goals and striving hard to achieve them 
  • Physical seva and volunteer work
  • Blood donataions

Bhul chuk maaf