Is Meat allowed in Sikhism or not?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG i cant bleev this is still going on! since so many people seems to accept many Sants words as final in most things in life I thot i would add something from Sant Naranjan Singh Ji (shirmoni Kathakar). This is from his book "Diving Mystic Reflections On Gurmat..."

In Malaysia, someone questioned me on a controversial topic, that is, should meat be used for human consumption; and what does Guru Ji say regardingthe topic? I replied that Guru Ji has repeatedly told us never to get ourselves involved in this controversial subject as to whether it should be eaten or not. Guru Ji has admonished us against quarelling over this issue or to make a big issue out of it. In his own words:

The fools quarrel over flesh, flesh

and know not Gods gnosis and meditation.

They know not what is called flesh,

nor what the green is or, in what does sin consist.

( Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Ang 1289)

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4678

Only fools quarrel over this issue. Guru ji questioned why do we place such importance on this topic of meat eating; should we not set our quest on why the Sat (truth) could not be found by us? Why do we strive to learn its secret? Or, where is the key that opens the lock which is placed on the Dasam Duar? Would it not be more spirtual to learn where it could be found?

http://www.sikhitothemax.com/page.asp?ShabadID=4678

read that shabad everyone before posting. and think about what Guru Nanak Dev Ji is saying, read the following few shabads aswell. And after reading it, if u stilll feel the need to show everyone that you are a fool and have no regards for the teachings of guru nanak dev ji, then please, by all means carry on posting your pointless posts.

Seems there quotes either way from the granth. Therefore people, why not think for yourself ? Or do you not think that is allowed in Sikhism ? It is plain and obvious. Causing unneccesary suffering is paap.

In the modern age when all sorts of vegetarian foods are available, any right minded person would not eat murdered animals. Anyone who argues for eating of meat, is trying to justify their blood lust, like drug addicts who cannot stop themselves.

You cannot live in this world without causing some suffering. As humans we cannot be perfect but at least we can head in the right direction (eating meat is the wrong direction). We should try and minimize the suffering we cause. Milk is an important part of the Indian diet ( paneer, dahin etc) & a good source of protein and other vitamins.

Anyway for my part I use organic Milk where the animals are much better cared for and in fact the milk is more nutritious.

Don't make excuses, just give up and start to reduce the suffering in the world. If you have any intention of following a religious path then do not cause animals to be needlessly slaughtered because you can't control you eyes & mouth & tongue. If you mercilessly kill animals and devour their decaying bodies, how can you possibly have spiritual thoughts.

wjkk

wjkf

there are plenty of vegetarian food avalable then why vegetarian drink milk or eat milk products.milk is obtained very cruelly from the animals.first all vegetarians should leave milk then they have the right to say that meat is wrong

does the cow die when you milk it

Sikhs dont eat meat coz its made of all 5 elements and holds you back spiritually, milk isnt.

wjkk

wjkf

the cow does not die but some of its calf does due to starvation.when i was a child i was very fond of going to diaries there i saw no calf of buffalo

alive majority of them die due to starvation.calves are the rightful owner

of milk humans steal the milk from their mothers.so you want to say that sikhs can consume stolen things

does the cow die when you milk it

Sikhs dont eat meat coz its made of all 5 elements and holds you back spiritually, milk isnt.

its not held me back spiritually - I've just printed off some Sant-style business cards of myself. People (well, females actually) will be flocking to my dera (known as the studfarm) 8)

wjkk

wjkf

the cow does not die but some of its calf does due to starvation.when i was a child i was very fond of going to diaries there i saw no calf of buffalo

alive majority of them die due to starvation.calves are the rightful owner

of milk humans steal the milk from thei....

OK I see kdsingh80 so you are now advocating being a vegan. So I assume from what you've said you already are one, right ?