Is Meat allowed in Sikhism or not?

wa the hell is kdsingh80 on about.... flipping hell i presume u may have been to india, lived on a pend...... have u seen how well the animals are treated... the cows/(maajs) are treated for their milk, how they are fed..... how b4 we milk them they feed thier own....

bloody ke khalsa ban ge, dhamak chalan to hat geya

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the admin please lock this thread - I believe there have been plenty discussions on this topic and a comprehensive set of articles provided to allow people to come to their own conclusions.

As with the Keski ("females wearing dastaars") thread, the same applies here, the Sikh Rehit Maryada is very clear on this topic - an Amritdhari Sikh must not eat Halal Meat (which is considered 1 of the 4 kurehits).

This is a clear statement, it does not need to be debated. It does not say a Sikh has to eat meat or that one cannot be vegetarian. There is a clear parameter set, allowing you to have the choice - its the same thing with Sikh views on sex - adultery is forbidden (hence sex is only for marriage) - now if you want to restrict this to procreation only that's up to you, but no where is such assertions made in the Sikh Rehit Maryada, likewise with meat, if you wish to be vegetarian (I myself am) that's fine, but this is not a requisite for the Rehit.

Admin, please lock this up and provide a link to set of articles and earlier debates - this type of discussion will lead us nowhere.

OK I see kdsingh80 so you are now advocating being a vegan. So I assume from what you've said you already are one, right ?

wjkk

wjkf

i am not a vegetarian.according to vegetarians arguements milk is equally bad i just want to ask veggies can they leave milk and milk products if they cannot then they have no right to say thet non veg should leave meat

wa the hell is kdsingh80 on about.... flipping hell i presume u may have been to india, lived on a pend...... have u seen how well the animals are treated... the cows/(maajs) are treated for their milk, how they are fed..... how b4 we milk them they feed thier own....

bloody ke khalsa ban ge, dhamak chalan to hat geya

wjkk

wjkf

i lived in delhi and now i am living in gurgaon.cows in delhi are treated so well that owners throw them on road without properly feeding them

they eat polythene bags and die a slow a painful death.for a year i lived in calcutta also the situation in calcutta is even worse.if some people treat

their animal well that does not mean that all people treat their animal well.

btw when a cow or buffalo stop producing milk then what you do with them

do you keep them or sell them.

Gurfateh

Well as per one soveect econmist if Indian start to eat beef from old cow 65% of the starvation will end.

It is pity that Hindus at one point call cow a mother while at another time treat it badly in Delahi and in most of the other parts.

Soon we will have hydrozen fuel or fuel based upon bio hydrocarbon.

That means that dung of old cow can replace petrolium.

So once petrol cross 50 INR we will use the alternative fules which have production cost lesser thean petrol which is otherwise now.

So then living cow or goat or hen will be imporatant then dead one to fulfill our energy needs.

dude

the reason we dont eat meat is that it is made of all 5 elements - and puts a greater load on you to work off. veggies etc are made of less elements - they are a simpler life form and less difficult to work off the load of killing them - why do you think Sants eat so little. If you want to eat meat then go ahead, but dont complain if you end up back in the cycle of janam/maran.

all this talk about staeling it from the cow etc has nothing to do with it, how the cow is treated etc also has nothing to do with the topic at hand. Sikhs wear leather - the cow dies for this, the point is that we dont eat it. Tabla skin is made from goat etc etc...