Shabads to increase intelligence

Kaju

You can start by widening your reading repertoire. Intelligence doesn't come like some magic power - you can help it develop by reflecting, reading, keeping intelligent company.

9 hours ago, Kaju said:

Sat Sri Akal 

Is there any shabad that I can use to increase my intelligence. 

It is extremely hard to increase your IQ.

Please have a look below:

Note: Please don't get disappointed. Read the posts below, after watching this video.

Bhul chuk maaf

There are some Jaaps which you can try (please see below for the vidhi). Please remember that this process might take a long time (depending on your spiritual state). You might have to repeat the Jaaps numerous times to see any tangible results.

image.png.15c259ad4d3fd8434cc7bfc59e71ae59.png

image.png.9642fea0854fe13899bfde2464fddee4.png

image.png.6697db5f1024aaa64e56477f3bea5cf8.png

Ref: Sharda Pooran Granth

Bhul chuk maaf

27 minutes ago, BhagatSingh said:

Meditate on this shabad from Sukhmani Sahib -

Prabh kai Simarani Riddhi Siddhi Nau Nidhi.

Prabh kai Simarani Gyan Dhyan Tatua Buddhi.

Simarani means "In Simaran" - in Remembrance.

In Remembrance of God, is the Spiritual treasures (Riddhi Siddhi) and Material treasures (Nau Niddhi).

In Remembrance of God, is Knowledge (Gyan), Meditation (Dhyan), Essence (Tatua) and Intelligence (Buddhi).

What's your source? How many times (recitation of the verses) in a day? Have you tried it yourself?

Thanks

Bhul chuk maaf

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

There are some Jaaps which you can try (please see below for the vidhi). Please remember that this process might take a long time (depending on your spiritual state). You might have to repeat the Jaaps numerous times to see any tangible results.

Sat Sri Akal 

Do I need to jap the shabad, the number of times it has been told in the vidhi or as many times as I want. I don't think there is a limit as to how much gurbani you should recite in a day

51 minutes ago, Kaju said:

Sat Sri Akal 

Do I need to jap the shabad, the number of times it has been told in the vidhi or as many times as I want. I don't think there is a limit as to how much gurbani you should recite in a day

The vidhi specifies a number (which you can consider it as a minimum limit), but you can recite the shabad more than that.

Also, please go through the topic below, before starting the Jaaps.

Bhul chuk maaf

4 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

It does.

That magic power is known as meditation.

Chaupai Sahib -

Sunai moord chit laye chaturta avaee.

Listening to this Chaupai, the ignorant will become intelligent.

Is that to do with earth;ly knowledge or knowledge of the 3 realms?

I don't think personally that people are going to become outstanding intellectuals by meditation  but will become Braham Gyanis etc.

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You can start by widening your reading repertoire. Intelligence doesn't come like some magic power - you can help it develop by reflecting, reading, keeping intelligent company.

I'm more inclined to think the same. I have met some people who read bani a lot, and do a  lot of sewa but quite frankly are thick.

2 hours ago, paapiman said:

Also, please go through the topic below, before starting the Jaaps.

Sat Sri Akal 

I noticed that there were some specific guidelines to consider while trying to sidh a shabad. Things that were asked to do were like face in a certain direction when reciting the shabad, reciting with a specific mala and also how many times you should recite it and also the number of days that you should keep on doing it. I have never heard of any of this before in sikhi. You should use shabads to move forward in your life but I don't think all these things will stop you from sidhi of a shabad if you don't follow them. This advice seems like it's following Brahmin principles, exactly what the gurus were against and I don't think that even there's stuff like facing a certain direction mentioned by the gurus to advance spiritually 

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I don't think personally that people are going to become outstanding intellectuals by meditation  but will become Braham Gyanis etc.

I mean you left out the part from the quote that would have answered your question -

One of the best ways to raise your IQ is to meditate, learn to focus and master your attention.

I am talking about IQ, your mental capability, your intelligence when it comes to solving problems.

Brahmgyan, ie knowledge that you are not a separate being and are part of the collective being of the universe, that also comes with meditation.

There are also health benefits.

You can sleep better and more deeply.

Gain better insight into your nature and the problems that it leads you into.

etc.

There are many benefits of meditation.

The ability to pay attention to the right things is the fundamental activity in all activities.

Without paying attention you cannot do anything.

If you improve how you pay attention, it will improve the activity that you are doing.

So the benefits of meditation come from mastering attention.

That said

Intelligence is relative so someone might be smart in one area but may not be in another.

And people are varying degrees of intelligent.

Meditation will increase your intelligence relative to what it was before.

But it is not a guarantee that you will become smarter than a particular person who you admire or are envious of.

2 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I have met some people who read bani a lot, and do a  lot of sewa but quite frankly are thick.

Here two things are possible -

1. You are smarter than them so what you say goes over their head.

2. They are smarter than you so what they say goes over your head.

😉

6 hours ago, paapiman said:

What's your source? How many times (recitation of the verses) in a day? Have you tried it yourself? 

Source? Ultimate Source.

How many times? As many times as possible, during all activities.

Have you tried it yourself? Of course. Every bit of knowledge I share on this forum or elsewhere, comes from my embodying that knowledge.

16 hours ago, BhagatSingh said:

I mean you left out the part from the quote that would have answered your question -

One of the best ways to raise your IQ is to meditate, learn to focus and master your attention.

I am talking about IQ, your mental capability, your intelligence when it comes to solving problems.

You quoted from a scripture that is not based on spirituality. Sri Charitropakhyan is not a spiritual Granth.

Mental IQ, solving problems etc we learn those when we go to school. Why do we go to school and not sit in a cave doing naam simran instead?

There are also health benefits.

You can sleep better and more deeply.

Gain better insight into your nature and the problems that it leads you into.

etc. 

Yes but that in itself does not raise your IQ/intelligence.

But it is not a guarantee that you will become smarter than a particular person who you admire or are envious of.

Job done.

2 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

You quoted from a scripture that is not based on spirituality. Sri Charitropakhyan is not a spiritual Granth.

I also quoted from Guru Granth Sahib. You must read my post fully.

Mental IQ, solving problems etc we learn those when we go to school. Why do we go to school and not sit in a cave doing naam simran instead?

You have to do both.

Archery is a good example -

In order to do archery you must practice the technique for placing the arrows, drawing the bow, aiming it and shooting it, with the correct stance.  - 1

But you also need to focus on your target, have a steady breath, have a calm mind, and be able to pay attention to the right targets while ignoring distractions. - 2

1 - comes from your practice of archery and shooting a bow at targets.

2 - comes from meditation and including pranayama techniques.

1 minute ago, chatanga1 said:

Yes but that in itself does not raise your IQ/intelligence.

I mentioned miscellaneous benefits like health and sleep benefits in order to point out that meditation has multiple benefits other than Brahmgyan.

But that said, health and sleep are also tied to intelligence. The better rested you are, the more healthy you are, the more intelligent you will be.

On 7/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, chatanga1 said:

In Sharda Pooran Granth, there are separate entries for Gyan and Atam Gyan. My guess is that Gyan is referring to worldly knowledge, while Atam Gyan is to spiritual knowledge. The Jaap (as specified in the Vidhi) of the 36th Pauri of Sri Japjee Sahib (posed above) is for Gyan.

Since, Sri Chaupai Shaib jee comes after the Charitars, the line definitely applies to worldly intelligence and wisdom.

" Listening to this Chaupai, the ignorant will become intelligent."

On 7/27/2018 at 5:03 PM, chatanga1 said:

I have met some people who read bani a lot, and do a  lot of sewa but quite frankly are thick.

They will have to do dedicated chanting of the Gurbani mantars, with the intention to improve their intelligence to perceive any difference in their IQ level/mental capacity. The same applies for wealth. You might have seen many Gurmukhs, who are not that wealthy. The question is: are they doing Naam simran to acquire wealth or not? The intention of the seeker plays a big factor in how the mantar manifests itself.

Doing Jaaps (with love, devotion, concentration, etc) will enhance a person's focus levels, which can possibly help him to improve his performance in his desired field.

On 7/28/2018 at 12:07 PM, chatanga1 said:

Mental IQ, solving problems etc we learn those when we go to school.

The above is necessary too. One will have to put in the hard yards, along with the Jaaps, in order to be successful. For ordinary humans, Jaaps can only be used to supplement, not supplant your personal hard work/practice, etc.

Bhul chuk maaf 

On 7/28/2018 at 5:16 PM, BhagatSingh said:

Archery is a good example -

In order to do archery you must practice the technique for placing the arrows, drawing the bow, aiming it and shooting it, with the correct stance.  - 1

But you also need to focus on your target, have a steady breath, have a calm mind, and be able to pay attention to the right targets while ignoring distractions. - 2

1 - comes from your practice of archery and shooting a bow at targets.

Football is a good example-

In order to score a goal you must practice the technique for placing the foot, drawing the foot, kicking the ball and aiming it, with the correct stance - 1

1  - comes from your practice of kicking and shooting a ball at targets.

So you feel that Premiership footballers who excel in their field are intellectuals?

ie Wayne Rooney? Roy keane? Gazza? Maradona ?

On 7/27/2018 at 7:44 PM, Kaju said:

Sat Sri Akal 

I noticed that there were some specific guidelines to consider while trying to sidh a shabad. Things that were asked to do were like face in a certain direction when reciting the shabad, reciting with a specific mala and also how many times you should recite it and also the number of days that you should keep on doing it. I have never heard of any of this before in sikhi. You should use shabads to move forward in your life but I don't think all these things will stop you from sidhi of a shabad if you don't follow them. This advice seems like it's following Brahmin principles, exactly what the gurus were against and I don't think that even there's stuff like facing a certain direction mentioned by the gurus to advance spiritually 

If you want to discuss some of your concerns, we can do so in a separate topic.

If you haven't heard of these things in Sikhi, it does not mean that they are not part of it. There might be many other things which you haven't heard of, which are part of Sikhism. Sikhism is like an endless ocean. It can take life times to learn about it.

If you are doing Naam Simran to merge into Waheguru, then you don't have to follow certain guidelines. But, when a Jaap is done with a specific worldly desire in mind, then certain rules have to be followed strictly for success.

Bhul chuk maaf

On 7/27/2018 at 1:26 PM, paapiman said:

To acquire Gyan (knowledge), you can try the following Jaap:

image.png.29379fe19fa42c770c44abd76301dcf1.png

image.png.4dbf50255ace17045ffa481759815047.png

Bhul chuk maaf

In the mahatam can someone please explain what "pratakal" is and what does it mean to "adrisht dekhay" . Also in this granth what does it mean when it says your face should be to the charde vale way. Does that mean you should the face the direction of where the sun rises when doing jaap? Also I was reading the guidelines near the beginning and in step 9 for the requirements of the mala it is supposed to be made of loha or manke. I know loha but what exactly is manke. I have this plastic like mala. Thank you papiman for bringing this granth to the attention of everyone here on the forum including me. 

10 minutes ago, EkUtamPanthSunyoGurSangat said:

In the mahatam can someone please explain what "pratakal" is and what does it mean to "adrisht dekhay" . Also in this granth what does it mean when it says your face should be to the charde vale way. 

"Pratakal" means early morning.

"Adrisht dekhay" - You will see the unseen (Most likely referring to ghosts, spirits, witches, demi-Gods, etc). Ordinary Sikhs must avoid the Gupt vidhi of the shabad.

"Face should be to the charde vale way" - Face the direction of the rising sun (East).

Bhul chuk maaf