Shabads to increase intelligence

Kaju

6 minutes ago, EkUtamPanthSunyoGurSangat said:

Is pratakal the same as amritvela or like near sunrise

It's good that you asked.

According to Mahan Kosh, ਪ੍ਰਾਤਕਾਲ refers to the time before sunrise.

According to a Hindi dictionary, ਪ੍ਰਾਤਕਾਲ refers to the morning.

IMHO, it does not refer to Amritvela. It is referring to morning time.

@dalsingh101 @chatanga1 @amardeep and others: Have you come across this word being used as a synonym for Amritvela?

Bhul chuk maaf

3 hours ago, EkUtamPanthSunyoGurSangat said:

Thank you papiman for bringing this granth to the attention of everyone here on the forum including me. 

Please don't expect big miracles, especially if you are a beginner in the spiritual world. Usually, an ordinary person will have to do these Jaaps repeatedly over long periods of time to perceive any effects of them.

Along with this, one still has to work extremely hard in his field to succeed. 

Bhul chuk maaf

10 hours ago, paapiman said:

Please don't expect big miracles, especially if you are a beginner in the spiritual world. Usually, an ordinary person will have to do these Jaaps repeatedly over long periods of time to perceive any effects of them.

Along with this, one still has to work extremely hard in his field to succeed. 

Bhul chuk maaf

I think sharda is really important in determining how effective the jaap is

13 hours ago, EkUtamPanthSunyoGurSangat said:

I think sharda is really important in determining how effective the jaap is

Well, the name of the granth itself is Shardha Pooran granth. Along with Shardha, there are other factors involved.

Please have a look below (taken from another topic):

The key factors, while chanting Gurbani Mantars are:

• Love (the more you chant with unconditional love, the faster you will succeed)
  • Devotion
  • Concentration (concentrate on the sound of the mantar; please make sure your ucharan is shudh)
  • Dedication (don't keep switching Gurbani mantars after some time; stick to one for a long period of time)
  • Patience (don't expect immediate results)

Bhul chuk maaf

On 8/2/2018 at 6:43 PM, BhagatSingh said:

Are you saying that being an intellectual and improving your intelligence are the same thing?

No. Intellectual was the wrong choice of word.

I meant to say have they improved their intelligence ? To the degree that they would be reading a book etc?

image.png.15c259ad4d3fd8434cc7bfc59e71ae59.png

image.png.9642fea0854fe13899bfde2464fddee4.png

image.png.6697db5f1024aaa64e56477f3bea5cf8.png

I have seen this shabad in 3 different Sankat mochan granths and the vidhi for all 3 is different, on the one on top its advised to do the jaap for 15 days and 21 repetitions each day. On another Granth, I saw the same shabad and it was advised to be done for 21 days and 21 repetitions everyday. When we see the preperation section for the Sankat mochan Granth on top, it's said that you have to use a certain mala which is made of loha. But on the other Granth which contained the same shabad, they dont even have a section for preperation before reciting a shabad and their are no mentions of which way you have to face. Who do you listen too? I think the lekhaks are just writing down any vidhi they want for their granths. I heard somewhere that bhai mani Singh had started this to stop people from going to Brahmins, so a shabad was given for a cure to the problem a person was experiencing. Where is the original Granth written by bhai mani singh.

image.png.15c259ad4d3fd8434cc7bfc59e71ae59.png

image.png.9642fea0854fe13899bfde2464fddee4.png

image.png.6697db5f1024aaa64e56477f3bea5cf8.png

I have seen this shabad in 3 different Sankat mochan granths and the vidhi for all 3 is different, on the one on top its advised to do the jaap for 15 days and 21 repetitions each day. On another Granth, I saw the same shabad and it was advised to be done for 21 days and 21 repetitions everyday. When we see the preperation section for the Sankat mochan Granth on top, it's said that you have to use a certain mala which is made of loha. But on the other Granth which contained the same shabad, they dont even have a section for preperation before reciting a shabad and their are no mentions of which way you have to face. Who do you listen too? I think the lekhaks are just writing down any vidhi they want for their granths. I heard somewhere that bhai mani Singh had started this to stop people from going to Brahmins, so a shabad was given for a cure to the problem a person was experiencing. Where is the original Granth written by bhai mani singh.

How long will it take to see any perceivable benefits from reciting these shabads? I thought that shabads have an immediate effect on your mind and body and don't take very long to work wonders. People who went to sarab rog ka aukhad naam camp said that they were feeling good after 5 days of reciting shabads.The doctor who manages the activities of the camps said that there was a cancer patient who he thought would not survive and would probably pass away in a couple of days, and when he started to recite the shabads, he survived and he did not even get one injection to relieve him of suffering.  

7 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

No. Intellectual was the wrong choice of word.

I meant to say have they improved their intelligence ? To the degree that they would be reading a book etc?

Intelligence isn't reading a book, it is solving problems in the right ways.

18 minutes ago, Kaju said:

How long will it take to see any perceivable benefits from reciting these shabads?

What are the benefits you are looking for exactly?

7 hours ago, Kaju said:

I have seen this shabad in 3 different Sankat mochan granths and the vidhi for all 3 is different, on the one on top its advised to do the jaap for 15 days and 21 repetitions each day. On another Granth, I saw the same shabad and it was advised to be done for 21 days and 21 repetitions everyday. When we see the preperation section for the Sankat mochan Granth on top, it's said that you have to use a certain mala which is made of loha. But on the other Granth which contained the same shabad, they dont even have a section for preperation before reciting a shabad and their are no mentions of which way you have to face. Who do you listen too? I think the lekhaks are just writing down any vidhi they want for their granths. I heard somewhere that bhai mani Singh had started this to stop people from going to Brahmins, so a shabad was given for a cure to the problem a person was experiencing. Where is the original Granth written by bhai mani singh.

IMHO, follow that vidhi which advocates a greater number of repetitions, which has specified longer time periods and where more rules have to be followed.

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

IMHO, follow that vidhi which advocates a greater number of repetitions, which has specified longer time periods and where more rules have to be followed.

Bhul chuk maaf

I have a question in mind. What is the purpose of facing a certain direction, how will this help? 

• 2 years later...