Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

I am new to this forum and this is my first topic so I apologize beforehand if I insult or say something incorrect.

My question is that instead of doing waheguru simran my mind tunes to this mantar is it OK if one does abhyaas of a different shabad or mantar instead of waheguru simran I know that Sant isher singh rara sahib Mahapurakh and Sant baba attar singh Jee mastuana would recite this mantar instead of waheguru simran. I just want reassurance from the Sangat that is it OK to do this mantar instead of waheguru simran 

vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daya Singh said:

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

I am new to this forum and this is my first topic so I apologize beforehand if I insult or say something incorrect.

My question is that instead of doing waheguru simran my mind tunes to this mantar is it OK if one does abhyaas of a different shabad or mantar instead of waheguru simran I know that Sant isher singh rara sahib Mahapurakh and Sant baba attar singh Jee mastuana would recite this mantar instead of waheguru simran. I just want reassurance from the Sangat that is it OK to do this mantar instead of waheguru simran 

vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Brother Daya Singh Jee,

there can be several answers to your question, but  with to make a direct approach to it in a clear manner and  in simple words, the Bani is  very precise, when it says:  Prabh Ka Simran, sabh tay oochaa . 

Further on, it also tells us : Awar kaaj tere kitte na kaam, mil Sadh sangat, bhaj kewal Nam.

So you see, we are all murakhs where spirituality is concerned, so why not faithfully follow and do what Guru  Jee, the supreme Gyani tells us to do through the Bani.

With due respect to all mazabs,  from this our present loctaion, until the one where Wahiguru is, means Parbraham, Sach Khand, there are countless  stations or let us say destinations;  it all depends on the ticket we willingly take/purchase, means the type of jaap or devotion we perform.

To just mention a few of these stations, some mantras/jaap take us to devlok, Indralok, Vishnupuri/ Baikunth, Shivpuri...etc; but brother, it is only by Wahiguru´s kirpa and  His Simran, that we can be able to reach His abode.

That´s it.

Stay blessed.

Sat Sree Akal.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Daya Singh said:

My question is that instead of doing waheguru simran my mind tunes to this mantar is it OK if one does abhyaas of a different shabad or mantar instead of waheguru simran

You may expect any answers ranging from one-end-to-another.

Can you answer the following question? Is it okay to eat Pizza or I've to stick with Pasta when I'm hungry?

In other words, if you're Spiritually hungry (i.e want to get an inch closer to God), then do meditate on whatever you're comfortable with reciting.

Moreover, it is also a fact that the plant has more potential to grow into big fruitful plant if it is kept in the same soil where it was first sown. In other words, it would easier for a person to follow the religion in which he/she is born because of all the support from the family members and other resources.

So, as long as you're getting closer to HIM, you're on right path. But DO MOVE the path and not just in talks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way Gaitri mantar is gobinde mukande udare apare haarian karian nirnamay akamay which every amritdhari reads daily it's in Jaap sahib it's not from another religion or dharam just wanted to clarify that 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is called Gaitri mantar because it is very powerful and atunes the mind very quickly vaheguru simran and this mantar is the fastest way possible to get to mahraaj Jee I have heard this from giani thakur singh 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone is welcome to try his/her best, but still, I will only follow  Guru Jee´s instructions , the fountain of all true knowledge. 

It is very clear, when Guru Jee tells us : Jin Har japeeya, seh Har hoeeya.

 Others may guess or sepeculate, or give the reply from their perspective, but brother, the words of Guru Jee, for us humans when followed, are Sat Bachan in a simple manner.

He who recites His Name, becomes one with Him, without any distinction.

What else does one want?

Sat Sree Akal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the replies I understand now that By chanting his name we will reach our destination. Waheguru simran is a must and the easiest possible way to get to mahraaj Jee. I was listening to giani thakur singh Katha and they have clearly said that and also the replies on this thread and have also made me understand. I appreciate everyone's replies. Giani Jee also said that one should at least do 30 mins abhyaas of Gaitri mantar because this creates the love devotion and motivation in ourselves to continuously do naam simran.

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, hsingh6 said:

Why do you repeatedly call Gobindey Mukandey as Gaitri Mantar? Giani jee talks of it as our equivalent of Gaitri Mantar but Gaitri Mantar is another separate mantar.

This is the Guru Gaitri...there are different Gayatri Mantars of different Devte. The formation of a a mantar in a specific way is referred as the Gaitri. The Vedic Gayatri Mantra and the Guru Gaitri are both referring to the Parmatma Waheguru.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, Daya Singh said:

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

I am new to this forum and this is my first topic so I apologize beforehand if I insult or say something incorrect.

My question is that instead of doing waheguru simran my mind tunes to this mantar is it OK if one does abhyaas of a different shabad or mantar instead of waheguru simran I know that Sant isher singh rara sahib Mahapurakh and Sant baba attar singh Jee mastuana would recite this mantar instead of waheguru simran. I just want reassurance from the Sangat that is it OK to do this mantar instead of waheguru simran 

vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Bro, you can do Jaap of Guru/Khalsa Gayatri Mantar, especially in your case, as your mind tunes to this mantar. Gyani Thakur Singh jee has talked this mantar in his katha.

How much are you planning to do?

The key factors, while chanting Gurbani Mantars are:

  • Love (the more you chant with unconditional love, the faster you will succeed)
  • Devotion
  • Concentration (concentrate on the sound of the mantar; please make sure your ucharan is shudh)
  • Dedication (don't keep switching Gurbani mantars after some time; stick to one for a long period of time)
  • Patience (don't expect immediate results)

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/31/2018 at 2:34 PM, Daya Singh said:

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

I am new to this forum and this is my first topic so I apologize beforehand if I insult or say something incorrect.

My question is that instead of doing waheguru simran my mind tunes to this mantar is it OK if one does abhyaas of a different shabad or mantar instead of waheguru simran I know that Sant isher singh rara sahib Mahapurakh and Sant baba attar singh Jee mastuana would recite this mantar instead of waheguru simran. I just want reassurance from the Sangat that is it OK to do this mantar instead of waheguru simran 

vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Please have a look at the topics below (Gayatri mantar is also incorporated into the Mool Mantar). 

 

 

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, jaikaara said:

This is the Guru Gaitri...there are different Gayatri Mantars of different Devte. The formation of a a mantar in a specific way is referred as the Gaitri. The Vedic Gayatri Mantra and the Guru Gaitri are both referring to the Parmatma Waheguru.

Do all the Gayatri Mantars have 24 letters in them? Is this one of the requirements of the mantar?

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, paapiman said:

Bro, you can do Jaap of Guru/Khalsa Gayatri Mantar, especially in your case, as your mind tunes to this mantar. Gyani Thakur Singh jee has talked this mantar in his katha.

How much are you planning to do?

The key factors, while chanting Gurbani Mantars are:

  • Love (the more you chant with unconditional love, the faster you will succeed)
  • Devotion
  • Concentration (concentrate on the sound of the mantar; please make sure your ucharan is shudh)
  • Dedication (don't keep switching Gurbani mantars after some time; stick to one for a long period of time)
  • Patience (don't expect immediate results)

 

Bhul chuk maaf

Well I started a couple of days ago and once I started I felt peaceful and content I am quite hot tempered and that cooled too I was talking to an abyasee gursikh and there said that this shabad/ mantar is very powerful and will kills ones ego I that got me thinking that that is something I want I want to kill my ego and also once you start u do notice that it works pretty fast. So personally I have been doing 1 mala and gradually going to try and do sava lakh. I reccommend everybody to at least recite this mantar for 30 mins everyday. 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So at the gurdwara today I saw this Singh and started doing vichar and he reccommended me to do gurmantar simran all the time but at least one mala of guru Gaitri mantar. So I'm going to stick to that when we do guru Gaitri mantar this gives us motivation to do more simran and this Gurmukh told me that gurmantar abhyaas is the most important but this gurmukh was advised to do 1 mala or 30 mins of guru Gaitri mantar he was advised by Mahapurakh and has told me to do the same so paapiman that's what I would do if you are starting off. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/1/2018 at 8:27 AM, Daya Singh said:

By the way Gaitri mantar is gobinde mukande udare apare haarian karian nirnamay akamay which every amritdhari reads daily it's in Jaap sahib it's not from another religion or dharam just wanted to clarify that 

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

I read a Sakhi once that a sant said that waheguru mantar should be done compared to Gaitri mantar. Gurbani (Gaitri mantar) can be read to attain something, whereas waheguru mantar should be recited during meditation to attain the divine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×