Daya Singh

Hazur sahib Maryada

On 8/19/2018 at 3:50 AM, Daya Singh said:

Vaheguru Jee ka khalsa vaheguru Jee kee fateh 

Hazur sahib maryada is awesome I would just like an open discussion with all the Sangat on this forum about what you think of hazur sahib maryada and. Personally I think it's brilliant and when I visited takkht sahib there is a feeling which cannot be experienced anywhere else.

Bhull chuk Muaaf jee 

Interesting. Could you please elaborate. What did you find awesome in them?

Do you think their specialities should be adopted by all other gurudwaras?

Please listen to Baba Hari Singh Randhawewale explaining the origin of the Jhatka maryada at Sri Hazur Sahib.

Has anyone heard the name of Sarang Modi?

Gyani jee also mentions that the original version of Sri Sooraj Prakash Granth was stolen by the British.

@Soulfinder

Bhul chuk maaf

1 hour ago, paapiman said:

Please listen to Baba Hari Singh Randhawewale explaining the origin of the Jhatka maryada at Sri Hazur Sahib.

Has anyone heard the name of Sarang Modi?

Gyani jee also mentions that the original version of Sri Sooraj Prakash Granth was stolen by the British.

@Soulfinder

Bhul chuk maaf

I haven't watched the video (yet), but I'd be sceptical to believe what he says. It's well known he's a bit of a vegi fascist and that he has an agenda.

Jhatka and some of the other controversial things, which I should add are only controversial because of some of the attitudes that crept into the panth, are pretty much accepted across the board, even by those who feel it goes against their own specific maryada. Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji themselves weren't against this even if they did promote vegetarianism. Having said that I do agree that jhatka and eating maas is only for a certain section of the panth.

Just because he doesn't agree with it doesn't make it bullshit/interpolation/manmat. Plenty of other Mahapurkhs have quoted Suraj Prakash and they haven't said anything of the sort.

Gurbar Akaal!

18 hours ago, MrDoaba said:

It's well known he's a bit of a vegi fascist and that he has an agenda.

Well, he is providing evidence from an historical document (reports of Sarang Modi jee).

Do Nihangs believe that Jhatka at Sri Hazir Shaib was started by Maharaaj himself?

Practicing Jhatka at Nihang Chaunees or their stopovers is different from doing it at a Takht or within Gurudwara premises, where even non-Sikhs come to pay homage.

IMHO, Daas considers those Bakre very fortunate, who get slaughtered at Sachkhand Sri Hazur Sahib. 

Bhul chuk maaf