Why and how Sikhi spread throught the world?

Why and how Sikhi spread throught the world in old days? My topic means how and why several crore people from many Asian regions, all religions and all ideologies became followers of Guru Nanak Dev ji i.e. Guru Nanak Nam Leva, who were later called Sikhs?  What was chrishma in Him which attracted people inlarge numbers without modern techniques of communication? I did not agree with people who say “Guru Nanak was very intelligent, due to that people became his followers”, that is not possible. Because during that period and now a days there are several people who are very intelligent and very good orators but still people donot become their followers in large numbers. There must be something else, which is not evident. Pl tell us with detail.

In this forum there is a thread “why sikhi failed to spread”, By amardeep in 2015, which is very educative and eye opener. After reading that i became interested in this forum. I hope members of this forum can throw light on this topic also. I request everybody to give us knowledge about this topic.

Even in this period there are about 11crore Guru Nanak Leva people mostly in India, many of them cannot understand Hindi leave aside Punjabi. We must analise: with so much  language barrier and hardships of communications , why and how they became followers Guru Nanak Dev ji in those days or later? After 500yrs still they are his devotee, why? How their devotion/attachment survived when there is no contact/preaching/support from Sikh clergy/SGPC etc? 

I know many hard core Sikhs or who are in power, who are in posession of  main gurdwara and goolks and so called mainstrem Sikhs donot consider them as Sikhs but as per my opinion they are Sikhs. They are real real Sikhs devotees, true disciples of Guru Nanak Dev ji because they have devotion inside, which is real Sikhi. Because Sikhi is not with any particular uniform or dress code or even kes/hair are not neccessory element of Sikhi as per Gurubani, Sikhi is with devotion to Guru Nanak Dev ji.

I request everybody to give us knowledge about this topic.