chatanga1

11 minutes ago, paapiman said:

You mean "married to Mata Gujari jee"?

Thanks bro, have corrected it.

8 minutes ago, paapiman said:

This Kartarpur Saab is located in Jalandhar right?

The other Kartarpur Saab is near Sri Nanakana in Pakistan (West Punjab) right?

Yes and yes.

Thanks for sharing. Beautiful.  I think there is much history to the Sodhis and Bedis that needs to be investigated further. They appear to have had tremendous influence in the pre-British period and contributed significantly to the Khalsa cause and heritage. If youve come across any book that deals with their history please let me know. I was blesssed to talk to a Sodhi from Anandpur once - he told me that there were many pothia and granths running in their family possessions for generations. 

Edited by amardeep

22 hours ago, amardeep said:

I think there is much history to the Sodhis and Bedis that needs to be investigated further.

If you go to Sri Anandpur Sahib you can go and see the Sodhis Qila. it is truly impressive. I never went this year but have mislaid my photos from when I went about 8 years ago.

On 10/22/2018 at 4:10 PM, chatanga1 said:

photos I took of the historic Gurdwara Thamm Sahib.

The Thamm that Guru Arjan Dev Ji built was destroyed by the Moghals in 1740s (i  think) but the gurdwara was rebuilt again by Dal Panth. This used to belong to the Sodhis of Kartarpur under Baba Wadhbhag Singh but he gave it over to the Guru Khalsa Panth after Moghals took it over. There is nothing surviving from Guru Sahib's personal possessions here though.

My Guru blessed my eyes and heart with a visit to this sacredplace. I didn't know there was so much history to Kartarpur. There are many other historic Gurdwaras here in close proximity inc where Guru Teg Bahadur was married to Mata Gujari, the chabucha of Guru Hargobind Sahib, the antim sanskar place of Mata Kaulan etc. I will put those up soon as well.

Parts of the Qila (fortress) that Guru Sahib built is still there. It is under the control of the Sodhis of Kartarpur still.

494150888_GurdwaraThamSahib1.thumb.jpg.a6f8f33d6de28002a22971f0fc4dd865.jpg

2078522568_GurdwaraThamSahib.thumb.jpg.465b1640599a2631e3e3e91859403aaa.jpg

These are my ends lol

There's also Gangsar gurdwara which is next to Baba Wadhbhag;s ?Gurdwara?, at least I think it's a gurdwara.

I think there's alsoa place somewhere nearby related to Painde Khan.

• 1 month later...
On 10/29/2018 at 1:19 PM, chatanga1 said:

Yes Gangsar and Dera Baba Wadbhag Singh are still under the Sodhis. I wil share Painde Khan's funeral place in another topic.

There are many historical places around Kartarpur. Far more than I knew of.

Were you born there @ipledgeblue ?

no my ancestral pend is around Kartarpur.