The Antim Sanskar Asthan of Mata Kaulan

chatanga1

This building houses the antim sanskar asthan of Mata Kaulan. According to GP 6, Guru HarGobind Sahib performed these rites. The building is not old oldish, it certainly is old but seems to be a structure of some 3 or 4 decades in age. You can see that the photos I took are from far away, because this ground actually belongs to the Sodhis and they are very adamant that no Sikhs can cross into their land. You can see that the land around is is quite unkempt. But the Sodhis don't seem to be too interested in this place themselves. After going to this place, I spoke with a person who has contacts with SGPC and he said that he would ask them to go and see the place. The SGPC have some kind of connection with the Sodhis so that any historic places can be renovated by mutual consent.

At the bottom of these photos I am adding a page from GP6 and I am quite surprised at what was written. It says that Mata Kaulan was given the funeral rites of a Muslim. Now there was some debate and confusion of what Mata Kaulan's background was. Was she a hindu who was a maid/concubine of the Qazi of Lahore, or was she his muslim daughter. I think that as she was given the funeral rites of a Muslim she most likely would have been the Qazi's biological daughter.

Read and share anything you find interesting.

65166425-df2a-44f6-92e7-4cfd0b26da1c.thumb.JPG.6589c8a48a7f16215a08c5ae1ef201c9.JPGe287c8e2-b3e3-419c-a937-1eb27abbba85.thumb.JPG.6da2c1679f87c0f91f93e0fa5078676b.JPG

525.thumb.jpg.c69ed97ba51c649105a1bd0265c5b0b4.jpg

39 minutes ago, chatanga1 said:

This building houses the antim sanskar asthan of Mata Kaulan. According to GP 6, Guru HarGobind Sahib performed these rites. The building is not old oldish, it certainly is old but seems to be a structure of some 3 or 4 decades in age. You can see that the photos I took are from far away, because this ground actually belongs to the Sodhis and they are very adamant that no Sikhs can cross into their land. You can see that the land around is is quite unkempt. But the Sodhis don't seem to be too interested in this place themselves. After going to this place, I spoke with a person who has contacts with SGPC and he said that he would ask them to go and see the place. The SGPC have some kind of connection with the Sodhis so that any historic places can be renovated by mutual consent.

At the bottom of these photos I am adding a page from GP6 and I am quite surprised at what was written. It says that Mata Kaulan was given the funeral rites of a Muslim. Now there was some debate and confusion of what Mata Kaulan's background was. Was she a hindu who was a maid/concubine of the Qazi of Lahore, or was she his muslim daughter. I think that as she was given the funeral rites of a Muslim she most likely would have been the Qazi's biological daughter.

Read and share anything you find interesting.

65166425-df2a-44f6-92e7-4cfd0b26da1c.thumb.JPG.6589c8a48a7f16215a08c5ae1ef201c9.JPGe287c8e2-b3e3-419c-a937-1eb27abbba85.thumb.JPG.6da2c1679f87c0f91f93e0fa5078676b.JPG

525.thumb.jpg.c69ed97ba51c649105a1bd0265c5b0b4.jpg

How comes you keep missing the footnotes Chatanga? They are usually important.

On 10/31/2018 at 5:59 PM, chatanga1 said:

Was she a hindu who was a maid/concubine of the Qazi of Lahore, or was she his muslim daughter.

Mata jee was the daughter of the Qazi. The Qazi had got into an argument with Srimaan Baba Budha jee regarding an issue. During the course of the conversation, he made a comment, saying that I will become Maharaaj's son-in-law to get the money (or something). Baba jee replied back by commenting that Maharaaj will become your son-in-law. Now, Baba jee was a Gurmukh Brahamgyani and his bachan was bound to come to fruition. Hence, Mata Kaulan jee always loved Maharaaj as her husband, which implied that Maharaaj was like a son-in-law of the Qazi.

Bhul chuk maaf

9 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

I'm more inclined to this view as well.

Let's stop beating around the bush.

Is the implication that the qazi was having sexual relationships with his daughter?  And Guru ji rescued her from that?

16 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Let's stop beating around the bush.

Is the implication that the qazi was having sexual relationships with his daughter?  And Guru ji rescued her from that?

No. I don't think there was any of that. From GP 6 it seems that she was a shardalu of Guru Sahib which angered her father.