How do you make Kesar Tilak?

Does anyone know the procedure for making Kesar Tilak? I did try once but I didn't manage to grind it down fine enough I think...I also don't know what to mix it with...water or oil?

It's not something I want to experiment with as Kesar is bloody expensive lol so the exact viddhi would be greatly appreciated.

How much would I need to make a small amount? Should I try to dry it before grinding? What is the best way to grind it...pestle and mortar? Bearing in mind you would want to minimise loss. What else if anything do you mix into it...chandan etc? What is the best way to store it?

@jaikaara beere you're from India right...would you happen to know?

@paapiman do you know bro?

Thanks.

On 11/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, MrDoaba said:

Does anyone know the procedure for making Kesar Tilak? I did try once but I didn't manage to grind it down fine enough I think...I also don't know what to mix it with...water or oil?

It's not something I want to experiment with as Kesar is bloody expensive lol so the exact viddhi would be greatly appreciated.

How much would I need to make a small amount? Should I try to dry it before grinding? What is the best way to grind it...pestle and mortar? Bearing in mind you would want to minimise loss. What else if anything do you mix into it...chandan etc? What is the best way to store it?

Thanks.

bro i know a friend who applied kesar tilak for a specific spiritual purpose. I consulted him yesterday and what he would do was just grind 1-2 strands adding a small drop of water regularly . He also suggested that you could get pure kesar and grind it all together using a mortal and pestle and store it . When ever you want to apply tilak just take a small quantity and add a small drop of water. 

On 11/6/2018 at 8:23 PM, MrDoaba said:

Thanks.

Why don't you visit a ISKON ,AOL centre nearby they will guide perfectly.

12 hours ago, jaikaara said:

bro i know a friend who applied kesar tilak for a specific spiritual purpose. I consulted him yesterday and what he would do was just grind 1-2 strands adding a small drop of water regularly . He also suggested that you could get pure kesar and grind it all together using a mortal and pestle and store it . When ever you want to apply tilak just take a small quantity and add a small drop of water. 

Thanks beere I really appreciate it! Now when you say pure kesar, do you mean non-commerically packaged kesar i.e. fresh? Also, if I was to grind kesar for storage I would grind it without water right? Cus when I did it last time it got mould on it after a few days.

7 minutes ago, seattlesingh said:

yes, I would assume grinding it dry, any moisture will cause mold.

Also, all kesar that we can get in the store is "dried" in that there is no moisture left in the flower because if there were it would not grind dry.

Yeah thanks. I see what you mean. Even the "dried one" is still very resiny. In Iran, where they use it a lot, they buy in large packets and and dry it out further..sort of like dry roasting, before storing.

Using a stone pestle and mortar would cause a lot of loss because of the texture, no? I will see if I can get one which is not so rough.

On 11/13/2018 at 10:57 PM, MrDoaba said:

Thanks beere I really appreciate it! Now when you say pure kesar, do you mean non-commerically packaged kesar i.e. fresh? Also, if I was to grind kesar for storage I would grind it without water right? Cus when I did it last time it got mould on it after a few days.

Yes you dry grind..i personally feel don't get into grinding it all together and storing hassle.Rather just grind a few strands adding a drop of water..and you can grind it to a fine texture. It would be easier to apply and retain.

There wouldn't be non commercial kesar .. everything that's sold is commercial.

• 1 year later...

How do you make Kesar Tilak?

Though there are several ways to make kesar tilak according to mankind,  but there is also another way according to the most wise,  only  if we follow Gurmat.

For as Guru Jee clearly tells us in the Bani : 

ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰਾ ਅੰਭੁਲਾ ਨਾਮੁ ਤੇਰੋ ਚੰਦਨੋ ਘਸਿ ਜਪੇ ਨਾਮੁ ਲੇ ਤੁਝਹਿ ਕਉ ਚਾਰੇ ॥੧॥

Naam Thaeraa Anbhulaa Naam Thaero Chandhano Ghas Japae Naam Lae Thujhehi Ko Chaarae ||1||

नामु तेरा अ्मभुला नामु तेरो चंदनो घसि जपे नामु ले तुझहि कउ चारे ॥१॥

Your Name is the water, and Your Name is the sandalwood. The chanting of Your Name is the grinding of the sandalwood. I take it and offer all this to You

So sangat jee, His Nam Simran, is not only the kesar tilak to be offered and applied on Him, but it is something much more than  that, it is an absolute image of the highest love and devotion, which one can offer to the most beloved:  Waheguru Akal Purukh.

As simple as that.

SSA.

2 hours ago, Still nascent said:

You meant naam tera kesro lei chhitkaare... 

Exactly that I meant

But u didn't add that pankti. Only sandalwood tilak.. 

Anyhow, it does not make much difference, for the jaap of His Nao,  can add any good/beautiful, valuable, pure things,  which one may  want to offer Him in love and devotion.  The thing is, He is not wanting any such things from us, but, Guru Sahiban/Guru Jee, is pointing us that, if ever one wants to offer Him anything, like in any other dharam/mazab, then the only thing which pleases Him, is when we do the jaap of His Nao. The underline of bhakti and love for Him, can  very well be summarized in the jaap of His Nao. 

If I may ask you your avastha @harsharan000

Brother, I do not mean fake humility, but truly, my avastha is a a big zero. I am very much a huge paapi,  with the same ups and downs as any other being on earth, we are all in the same boat  as long we have not tatsted the  Ambrosial sweet Nectar  of His Saacha Nao.

The only thing I think which may make any difference, is the age factor, for when many are learning to walk and discover life, I have walked quite a bit, so I do like to share my whatsoever experiences which life has taught me, just as I had wished when I was younger, someone as an elder friend would have guided me.

But, I have learnt lessons by myself, then also, by His kirpa I have been blessed with good sangat, which is essential to be on the road, inspite of any climatical adversities(karmas).  It is always easier to face adversities when in sangat, for in it, one gets, inspiration, courage, and some sort of emotional support, all these very much necessary. 

That´s it, not much more. 

2 hours ago, Still nascent said:

as I am enchanted by your gyaan' would you mind sharing

In my humble opinion, my knowledge if any, is of the Gyan of Sikhee, which  in essence, if  can ever be described in short or let us say direct to the point, it would only be that much: 

Ik Oankar    Satnam     Gurparsad Jap.

One thing which I have noted, is that we do not pay much attention to what Guru is telling us throughly in the Bani. Many go through it just like parrots, without understanding it, but just like swimming up in a pool. Gurbani has to be savoured, each and every word in it has to be paid due attention, the wealth of Gurbani is achieved when we go through it, reflecting upon  to what Guru Jee is saying in it, and then apply it in our  daily life with faith and devotion. That is what Gurbani is for. To profit our souls with it, thus be able to reunite our souls with Him, the True Lord Waheguru Akal Purukh, with the link of Hs saacha Nao, not any otherwise. 

Sorry, if I have hurt you with whatever I have said.

Stay blessed.

SSA

• 4 months later...