Sign in to follow this  
Jageera

Battling Addiction with Gurbani

12 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

@Jageera veer ji its really good that you keeping up the hard work. Believe its not a easy task stopping a habbit of any sort and its not going to away straight away. 

So you probably are having withdrawl symptoms which is normal and thats why your mind is playing tricks on you as you are trying to programe it via paath simran. So its best to ignore the minds thought craving and focus on the jaap and everything will be ok. 

Also keep doing ardas as well and keep yourself occupided with as much religious material as you can.

Thanks for the motivation Veerji. I don't know how to do Ardaas,always had a Granthi do it. 

12 hours ago, Jageera said:

Thanks for the motivation Veerji. I don't know how to do Ardaas,always had a Granthi do it. 

Veer ji i am glad to help. Doing ardas is really easy i myself can't read or write in punjabi but i know it off by heart as the opening of ardas is from chandi di vaar which i have been reading for over 3 years. 

Here is a english roman script of ardas and hopefuly you can start learning it using a audio from youtube and repeating the words the same way i did with my paaths banis etc.

https://www.learnreligions.com/ardas-with-original-gurmukhi-and-english-translation-2993121

16 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji i am glad to help. Doing ardas is really easy i myself can't read or write in punjabi but i know it off by heart as the opening of ardas is from chandi di vaar which i have been reading for over 3 years. 

Here is a english roman script of ardas and hopefuly you can start learning it using a audio from youtube and repeating the words the same way i did with my paaths banis etc.

https://www.learnreligions.com/ardas-with-original-gurmukhi-and-english-translation-2993121

Veera, have you ever thought of learning Gurmukhi? Or tried? It's well worth the effort in my opinion. I know it isn't easy all the time though. 

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Veera, have you ever thought of learning Gurmukhi? Or tried? It's well worth the effort in my opinion. I know it isn't easy all the time though. 

Veer ji i did try a few years ago than stopped. But i might try again as its hard always using roman english which makes it harder to read new banis. 

18 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Thanks Veerji.I'll start trying to hear youtube and get the pronounciation right.

Is Ardas to be done daily?

6 minutes ago, Jageera said:

Thanks Veerji.I'll start trying to hear youtube and get the pronounciation right.

Is Ardas to be done daily?

Yes veer ji its always best to ardas after doing paath simran. Its important as i heard a saakhi on Baba Harnam Singh Ji Rampurkhera Wale about the importance of doing ardas asap after any amount of simran paath etc.

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji i did try a few years ago than stopped. But i might try again as its hard always using roman english which makes it harder to read new banis. 

I think often the quality of the teaching is what puts people off or hinders them. Do consider trying again, but maybe approach the task in a different way than before.

If you can already speak/pronounce words in Panjabi, at least a third of the work is done already. 

21 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I think often the quality of the teaching is what puts people off or hinders them. Do consider trying again, but maybe approach the task in a different way than before.

If you can already speak/pronounce words in Panjabi, at least a third of the work is done already. 

You are right veer ji my speaking and listening skills in punjabi are really good as i always listen to punjabi material as the katha,kirtain deewans etc. 

So learning and many banis was a

hard at the start but i got better using the audios and repeating after the sounds.

It can be a bit off putting i do agree the way people teach but i am gonna download apps and look at videos for learning gurmukhi then see what happens.

4 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

You are right veer ji my speaking and listening skills in punjabi are really good as i always listen to punjabi material as the katha,kirtain deewans etc. 

So learning and many banis was a

hard at the start but i got better using the audios and repeating after the sounds.

It can be a bit off putting i do agree the way people teach but i am gonna download apps and look at videos for learning gurmukhi then see what happens.

Good on you. I think non traditional teaching methods are better than the traditional ones myself.