The crucifixion of Jesus

Hi Letssee

With a Christian on the forum I would like to hear more about the crucifixion of Jesus.  If salvation is based on the belief of a historical event - the crucifixion and the resurrection -  are there then any contemporary sources outside the bible that actually confirm that this event ever took place ? If not, why do Christians put so much emphasis on this event if it cannot be proven that it ever happened ? 

• 1 month later...
Guest Riddles and mataphors.

Jesus wasnt real...all of the abrahamic faiths are nothing more than creations of the Greeks.

Which they created as tools to conquer and control people. All of it is stolen from Egypt.

• 4 weeks later...

There was a king who was mixed bloodline with Ptolemaic Greek (who were rulers of conquered Egypt) whose mother converted to Judaism.  His name was King Izas of Adiabene.  He helped lead a revolt against the Romans.  The historian Flavius Josephus mentions this account where he, as a collaborator who joined Rome and was adopted by the Roman Emperor, Titus Flavius, happened upon the crucifixion of his friend and asked that his body be taken down.  Josephus, as per Jewish convention was referred to as "son of" or bar, Matthias.  He is the literal Joseph of Arimathea, a corruption of Joseph bar Matthias. This account is written: 

Life 76

"And when I was sent by Titus Caesar with Cerealins, and a thousand horsemen, to a certain village called Thecoa, in order to know whether it were a place fit for a camp, as I came back, I saw many captives crucified, and remembered three of them as my former acquaintance. I was very sorry at this in my mind, and went with tears in my eyes to Titus, and told him of them; so he immediately commanded them to be taken down, and to have the greatest care taken of them, in order to their recovery; yet two of them died under the physician’s hands, while the third recovered." https://pages.uncc.edu/james-tabor/archaeology-and-the-dead-sea-scrolls/josephus-references-to-crucifixion/

As a collaborator, it was the duty of Flavius Josephus to put down the Jewish revolt, and he did so by mimicking the Jewish scripture to create a new moshiach (anointed King) who would be obedient to Roman laws, pay taxes to the Roman Emperor, and worship the Roman Emperor as God... all requirements of Roman subjection. So they doctored the scriptural prophecies and created Iesous, Greek variant of Izas, or Anglicized, Jesus. This Jesus was an amalgam of a few things, mainly, the primary center of the cult of Roman Emperor worship, Julius Caesar, the true King and High Priest of Jupiter who was slain by his close friend Brutus (Judaized variant, Judas).  Brutus, in custom with Roman tradition, signaled the assassination of Julius Caesar, by giving him the kiss off, or kiss of death. Caesar was slain on the ides of March and triumphantly manifested as a comet ascending the Heavens signaling his deification during Eastertime, or the traditional time of the goddess Astarte-Isis who resurrected the slain sun-god Osiris which is why she, and Jesus are always traditionally depicted wearing halos of the sun.
isis_serapis.jpg
Egyptian gods Isis and Serapis Christos
proxy.jpg?w=616
Another depiction of Isis and Serapis Christos, they are serpents.
This is why the Gnostic scriptures refer to Jesus as the serpent in the
Garden of Eden, who gave the parents of mankind "gnosis" or wisdom.

"And the LORD said unto Moses: 'Make thee a fiery serpent, and set it upon a pole; and it shall come to pass, that every one that is bitten, when he seeth it, shall live." -Numbers 22;8, Tanakh  

Now, following the murder of Julius Caesar, his close friend Marc Anthony became the next high priest of Jupiter, and in Roman custom raised up a victory tropaeum for a fallen hero and General.  The tropaeum held aloft the helmet, breastplate, weapon and shield of the fallen.  What Marc Anthony did was place the corpse of Julius Caesar on the tropaeum, wearing his victory laurel wreath and a purple robe signifying kingship.  This had the effect of enraging the populace and bringing the murderers to justice, for they had slain the Lord's Anointed, the true King, the Clementia and Son of God.

caesar-tropaeum.jpg
The world's first crucifix.
tropaeum.jpg
So this is why the figure of "Jesus" became Jesus Christ, JC, Julius Caesar and why he taught pay taxes to Caesar and obey Roman laws, instead of fight the Romans for a throne, and this is also why he became a God-man, something utterly alien to Jewish monotheism.  In a sneaky way, a lot of Jews were duped into following a Roman religion of Emperor worship and becoming an obedient subject people.