Sign in to follow this  
dalsingh101

Training after 40 - experiences and tips

On 6/15/2020 at 2:36 PM, dalsingh101 said:

I disagree brother. Having a green tea after meals is great for digestion, and so is having a decent walk (i.e. not just once around the block). A half decent walk after food essentially speeds up your metabolism and uses up some of the converted energy of the meal, which reduces the amount that might float about and get stored as churbhee. It also helps combat that feeling of sluggishness that you can feel after a meal.  

I thought it’s best to avoid as much as possible physical activity post-food as blood is then diverted away from digesting food properly .

if anything I’ve read it’s best to exercise before food, and then the food goes into building muscle and energising the exercised cells

3 hours ago, Premi said:

I thought it’s best to avoid as much as possible physical activity post-food as blood is then diverted away from digesting food properly .

if anything I’ve read it’s best to exercise before food, and then the food goes into building muscle and energising the exercised cells

I'm not sure. Anything you can comfortably do to ramp up your metabolism after eating makes more efficient use of the food you've ingested and also speeds up the digestion process. People who do physical jobs like bricklayers, routinely do physical stuff straight after their lunch breaks and I don't think it hurts them. I've seen physical workers like roofers eat like pigs on their lunch breaks, and then jump straight into graft. And these guys are in good shape. If anything, I'd worry about that lethargic feeling we can get after eating, where we just want to lay down. I think that is a sign that you are eating wrong and you have overwhelmed your body. I sometimes do something physical after eating a heavyish meal just to combat that. This way, your body is more likely to utilise nutrients instead of storing them as fat. 

Though, what you are saying about eating shortly after training is true also. 

You have to get a good sense of your own metabolism.