How do some abhiyasi gursikhs do 33 mala of a Shabad and finish in a couple of hours

Nalwa

My question is how do some gursikhs manage to do 33 malas of a shabad at Amrit vela. The shabad is Thir ghar baiso har jan pyare. I recited the shabad and was timing myself. In one minute, I could do 3 repetitions of the shabad, and I was going very fast. If I do the complete abhiyas, then in about 6 hours, I would have done 1,080 jaap of the shabad. How do these Gursikhs manage 3,564 recitations? That is like doing 594 recitations in an hour compared to 180 recitations if we are finishing the abhiyas in 6 hours. 

On 1/4/2019 at 4:54 PM, Nalwa said:

My question is how do some gursikhs manage to do 33 malas of a shabad at Amrit vela. The shabad is Thir ghar baiso har jan pyare. I recited the shabad and was timing myself. In one minute, I could do 3 repetitions of the shabad, and I was going very fast. If I do the complete abhiyas, then in about 6 hours, I would have done 1,080 jaap of the shabad. How do these Gursikhs manage 3,564 recitations? That is like doing 594 recitations in an hour compared to 180 recitations if we are finishing the abhiyas in 6 hours. 

It is a matter of consistent and continued practice. After some time, usually after 40 days, you will notice that you are reciting the same Shabad in less time. The following structure may help you understand the mechanism:  

"

1. Baikhri: These are labial sounds or sounds which are uttered with the aid of tongue and lips. It is when God's Name is recited with tongue and lips. It is the first technique and holds 1 unit in power. [takes the most time]
  2. Madhma: These are guttural sounds which are produced in the throat or at the back or root of the tongue and palate. It is when God's Name is recited within the throat but without the use of the tongue. This is 10 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 1] 
  3. Pashyanti: These are sounds which originate from the heart center. It is when God's Name is recited within the heart but without the use of the tongue. This is 100 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 2]
  4. Para: These are sounds which arise through vibrations from the navel center. It is when God's Name is recited within the navel but without the use of the tongue. This is 1000 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 3]."

Finally, state of intense devotion, love, and emotional fervor while reciting the Shabad goes a long way in expediting the process. 

On 1/5/2019 at 9:54 AM, Nalwa said:

You could always start with less malas and increasing them as you begin to pick up speed in reciting after some time. 

2 hours ago, tva prasad said:

You could always start with less malas and increasing them as you begin to pick up speed in reciting after some time. 

Veer ji you are right its best to start with one mala then build up to 2 then 4 and so on. Cos its best to train yourself up before jumping to large number of malas in the starting stages as it will create headaches migraines etc and triedness etc.

On 1/6/2019 at 1:28 AM, mahanpaapi said:

It is a matter of consistent and continued practice. After some time, usually after 40 days, you will notice that you are reciting the same Shabad in less time. The following structure may help you understand the mechanism:  

"

1. Baikhri: These are labial sounds or sounds which are uttered with the aid of tongue and lips. It is when God's Name is recited with tongue and lips. It is the first technique and holds 1 unit in power. [takes the most time]
  2. Madhma: These are guttural sounds which are produced in the throat or at the back or root of the tongue and palate. It is when God's Name is recited within the throat but without the use of the tongue. This is 10 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 1] 
  3. Pashyanti: These are sounds which originate from the heart center. It is when God's Name is recited within the heart but without the use of the tongue. This is 100 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 2]
  4. Para: These are sounds which arise through vibrations from the navel center. It is when God's Name is recited within the navel but without the use of the tongue. This is 1000 times the power of Baikhri. [takes less time than 3]."

Finally, state of intense devotion, love, and emotional fervor while reciting the Shabad goes a long way in expediting the process. 

Very good information veer ji thanks for sharing.

On 1/13/2019 at 11:55 PM, Wicked Warrior said:

Practice. Massive amounts of practice. At one point in my life where I was reciting Japji Sahib ten times daily, I could recite Japji Sahib in about four minutes. Neither tongue nor throat moved. It was pure thought. I was told abhiyaasi Gursikhs could recite Japji Sahib in 2 minutes and I was trying to emulate them. Sadly I could never achieve it. 

Waheguru veer ji you have a lot of kirpa !