I wish to take Amrit

5 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Thank u.  thank u . Thank u so much. 

My Guru Sahib is so mitha he answers. I was so upset..  . He made u find this to answer me. Though m back to square one seeking his permission but still that seems easier than him taking it along with.Hope Babaji listens to this too soon. 

Cant thnk u enough 

God bless u

Thanks bhen ji i am really glad to share as the previous akj video was a bit off putting so luckly i found this track by sant maskeen ji.

Hopefully your views thoughts will be feel strained now compared to before.

• 3 months later...

are you also ready to train with shastar as well?

nitnem is important even for sehajdhari sikh, but for one who takes khanda dee pahul, shastar pooja via shastar training is Guru hukam.

17 hours ago, IJJSingh said:

It would be wonderful, if both you and your husband took amrit together.  However, according to Sikh Rehat Maryada (SRM) it is not forbidden for one spouse to take amrit alone. There are some sampardas who would refuse amrit to just one spouse, some others would insist that after taking amrit you lead a celibate life until the second spouse takes amrit.  So I suggest that you look into the maryada of the group who is doing amrit sanchar in your area, and find the group which follows SRM.

There is an interesting episode in biography of Sant Attar Singh ji Mastuane.  Sant ji did not place any restrictions if  only one spouse wanted to take amrit.  Once the guruduara manager, where amrit sanchar was being held, tried to stop sant ji from administering amrit to a single spouse.  Sant ji said to him, "Amrit is a seed for Naam-Ras (Naam), Prem-Ras (Love) and Bir-Ras (bravery), it has no connection with a body".  The manager kept opposing sant ji and arguing that sant ji was going against the maryada.  Finally, sant ji said to the manager, "Premiya! OK, I will let you have your way, if you agree to take this sin upon yourself when you face the Guru in his court".  The manager backed down. (p319, Biography Sant Attar Singh ji, Vol 1, By Sant Teja Singh).

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ki Fateh

Yes.  Thank u.  Maskeen ji's audios above confirmed that.  I have a long way to go still...  

• 2 months later...
4 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

IMG-20190725-WA0003.thumb.jpg.1d1a6b31d9b40dae4a5030cdb8ae5b43.jpg 

In my quest towards Amrit..  I came across two extremes..  Pls pour in your

👆👆 ( source Gurmat Rehat Maryaada - Damdami Taksaal front pg uploaded) 

Vs

👇👇

( source     http://www.sikhnet.com/news/i-miss-good-ol-days-1

I remember my own ‘amrit sanchar’ very well. Bapu Ji took me to see Baba Sohan Singh Ji to discuss amrit as I had felt I was not ready for it. I was 15 and a favourite of Baba Ji as I did kirtan and accompanied Baba Ji and Bapu Ji on numerous occasions.

The conversation went something like this.

Baba Ji: Beta, your Bapu Ji tells me that you feel you are not ready for ‘amrit’

Me: Baba Ji, I will not be able to handle all the expectations of ‘amrit’ just yet.

Baba Ji: Chal beta. Let us go through all your apprehensions.

Me: I will not be able to do all the Nitnem banis expected of me.

Baba Ji:  Can you do JapJi in the morning, Rehras at dusk and Sohila at night?

Me: I already do those.

Baba Ji: Well, we have no problem. As time goes by add Jaap Sahib and Sawayiyay as Nitnem. Occasionally do the full Anand Sahib. In fact you will find that doing Sukhmani Sahib occasionally is also very uplifting. It will help you in your studies and even in your sports! Can we agree on that?

Me: yes, Baba Ji.

Baba Ji: You know what is expected of you and let me assure you that you will get supreme bliss and a sense of well-being every time you do all the banis! Next?

Me: Baba Ji, 5 kekar. I cannot keep all 5 kekar on my person all the time. I love my sports and cannot be lugging around a kirpan, a kachhera and even a kanga in my hair. In fact when I play hockey, I am even expected to take my kara off as it can hurt an opponent.

Baba Ji: Beta, I have one important question for you. Do you have intentions of cutting your hair into the future?

Me: (I was shocked at even being asked that). No Baba Ji, I shall always keep my hair. I am proud to be a Sikh!

Baba Ji: (Smiling, seeing the look of shock on my face.) Then Beta, we have no problems. The other kekars are man-made. They can come off and on as required. They are loving gifts from you bapu – Guru Gobind Singh Ji. Treasure them. Keep them. In fact learn how to wield a kirpan for defence and learn self-defence. Treasure your kachhera – do not go chasing after loose women or any woman for that matter. Wear the kara as your ornament from Guru Ji. Does that answer your question?

Me: Yes Baba Ji! But Baba Ji, I play team sports where I am expected to share drinks with other players. What about ‘jooth’?

Baba Ji: Not a problem. Let me explain something about amrit, beta. Amrit once taken is not easily broken. Once your pita, dhan dhan Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj takes you by the arm, he does not easily give you up! Amrit only breaks if you commit a heinous sin including cutting your hair, engaging in extra-marital sex, eating halaal meat or consuming tobacco – the four ‘bejer-kurahits’. You will come up short many times as you are a human being. But all you have to do is realise your shortcoming, pick yourself up, ask for forgiveness from your father and move on in life. THAT IS AMRIT. Amrit is to give you a sense of belonging – belonging to the family of Guru Gobind Singh. If you want to be part of that family, then take amrit. It is as simple as that.

I saw no possible reason not to partake of amrit. It was more about partaking of it and working with it rather than working at it first and then partaking of it when one felt ready. Let me assure you, I believe 95 percent of youngsters or just Sikhs who would otherwise take amrit will never ever feel ‘ready’ to partake of it. IF I HAD BEEN GIVEN A CHOICE BY SANT BABA SOHAN SINGH JI, I THINK I WOULD NEVER HAVE GOT AROUND TO PARTAKING OF AMRIT. He made the partaking of amrit feel like a rite of passage into adulthood rather than an option of getting into a rigid code of conduct for the rest of my life. Yes, I have fallen short many times but I have never felt that it has ever been broken. I belong to the family of Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj.

IMG-20190726-WA0000.jpg

Bhen ji thats a really nice post you have written and its the best thing i have today as i had to miss my nitnem today and yesterday due to my migraine headace.

Hows things been on your side bhen ji ?

3 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Bhen ji thats a really nice post you have written and its the best thing i have today as i had to miss my nitnem today and yesterday due to my migraine headace.

Hows things been on your side bhen ji ?

Hi.. Every thing is good rather better than before. M blessed☺👼.

Believe that Gurbani takes care of all the worries and u shud not feel pain when u sit in his company..  I would tell u from a personal experience.  I had this problem of body ache and I hired a maid for massage.  Initially she used to keep on talking (crap) all the time and believe me even long after she was gone her stories used to keep on lingering in my head....  Then I started to switch on kirtan roopi Sukhmani Sahib path few mins before her time, I concentrated on path while she did her work peacefully.  After a month I bid bye to her as bani had its effect and I no more required her svcs BUT not only on me -Bani had effect on her too..  She asked me how could she keep on listening to this 'music' as it brought peace to her mind.  She said first 2-3 days it bothered her alot but slowly as she listened.. now it feels beautiful and brings peace✌.  She was more quiet n mature

Just few inputs about Migraine if u think may go for... Migraine can not be cured by allopathy.  Go for Ayurvedic treatments like tarpan and panch karma etc.  And keep ur jaw muscles relaxed..  Yes jaw muscles.  And most important read the bhakti section in here more n try to meditate.  Sitting in sunn relaxes all the muscles and nerves.  

Wahegurujis blessings are of course most important. 

Waheguru ji! 

20 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Hi.. Every thing is good rather better than before. M blessed☺👼.

Believe that Gurbani takes care of all the worries and u shud not feel pain when u sit in his company..  I would tell u from a personal experience.  I had this problem of body ache and I hired a maid for massage.  Initially she used to keep on talking (crap) all the time and believe me even long after she was gone her stories used to keep on lingering in my head....  Then I started to switch on kirtan roopi Sukhmani Sahib path few mins before her time, I concentrated on path while she did her work peacefully.  After a month I bid bye to her as bani had its effect and I no more required her svcs BUT not only on me -Bani had effect on her too..  She asked me how could she keep on listening to this 'music' as it brought peace to her mind.  She said first 2-3 days it bothered her alot but slowly as she listened.. now it feels beautiful and brings peace✌.  She was more quiet n mature

Just few inputs about Migraine if u think may go for... Migraine can not be cured by allopathy.  Go for Ayurvedic treatments like tarpan and panch karma etc.  And keep ur jaw muscles relaxed..  Yes jaw muscles.  And most important read the bhakti section in here more n try to meditate.  Sitting in sunn relaxes all the muscles and nerves.  

Wahegurujis blessings are of course most important. 

Waheguru ji! 

Thanks bhen ji its really nice the message you wrote and its amazing how listening to Sukhmani Sahib in Kirtan roop helped with the health problems you was having. It shows how the power of Gurbani is nothing compared to human science.

Today bhen ji i went to the doctor and he has given me a double dose to take for my current headache migraine problems.

Also on the way back i got Chandi Chirtar 1 printed in size 18 font in Roman English that i had spent a while collecting the lines on MS Word along with many other Banis i have got printed as the font size was small and i found it hard to read. So i got them resized for my myself as i avoid using the phone tablet screen due to my migraines headaces but i did use it in the starting stages back around almost 5 years ago.

With Waheguru's kirpa it will take me at least 5/6 days to do the paath using a 78 mins audio track as it took about 4 days for Chandi Chirtar 2 using a 66 mins at the time. But nowdays i can do Chandi Chirtar 2 in 2/3 days using a 43,40 or 35 mins track.

About the jaw muscles bhen ji you are right as i have had jaw pain due to teeth grinding at night is something i need to get sorted as well. 

7 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Thanks bhen ji its really nice the message you wrote and its amazing how listening to Sukhmani Sahib in Kirtan roop helped with the health problems you was having. It shows how the power of Gurbani is nothing compared to human science.

Today bhen ji i went to the doctor and he has given me a double dose to take for my current headache migraine problems.

Also on the way back i got Chandi Chirtar 1 printed in size 18 font in Roman English that i had spent a while collecting the lines on MS Word along with many other Banis i have got printed as the font size was small and i found it hard to read. So i got them resized for my myself as i avoid using the phone tablet screen due to my migraines headaces but i did use it in the starting stages back around almost 5 years ago.

With Waheguru's kirpa it will take me at least 5/6 days to do the paath using a 78 mins audio track as it took about 4 days for Chandi Chirtar 2 using a 66 mins at the time. But nowdays i can do Chandi Chirtar 2 in 2/3 days using a 43,40 or 35 mins track.

About the jaw muscles bhen ji you are right as i have had jaw pain due to teeth grinding at night is something i need to get sorted as well. 

Ji,  take care of urself.  🙂

Waheguru ji