Jageera

Anger after Paath

Hey Jageera, keeping well?

Anger hey?  Yeh, it's all normal and many meditators experience it.  I suffered the same but was able to self-analyze once it subsided. 

Simran is a process that starts with cleaning dirt and gandh layers ingrained on our mind.  I think people have different types reactions depending on the amount of dirt.   Think of it as cleansing toxins or negative energies accumulated on mind. Most of the time we don't know what they are and we subconsciously suppress them.  Our inner subtle body can deal up to certain capacity depending on inner strength or praan energy, but once threshold is reached, then  the toxins get transformed into other forms to be released and got rid of. 

They convert to various emotions, like rage, anger, worry, fear  lets say, or they can come outwards into physical body and present as ailments.   Many abyasees suffer with mild breakouts of skin rash, heat rash etc.  or even "garam sareer" leading to fungal type infections. 

I used to get the same kind of anger issues and later learned they were  related to my earlier drinking days and suppression of emotions.   Anger is a fire element and it's no wonder that liquor's called "firewater".  It creates a lot of work and heat on the liver, which ends up causing extra work/heat on the heart.  This results in Anger and Anxiety since they stem from fire.  In those days I was in a vicious cycle because as a drinker, I'd get burning desire to go through same cycle of intoxication the next evening.  I used to feel that liquor would quench this thirst and put this inner fire out.  Furthermore, if I didn't get the drink, then I'd be venting out anger and fighting with those around me.      I later realized that I'd been suppressing a lot of emotions with the drink. These were feelings of anger towards people that had hurt me and because I never displayed these to anyone, they led to my own insecurities. I convinced myself I was all  man and macho, and hadn't been hurt, but the reality was different.  

Sorry to ramble a bit here, but the point is that when I started real serious Simran, these suppressed emotions started releasing  every time and would leave me feeling angry and tense a few hours later. Most time's I'd be quite calm and serene, but the smallest factor would trigger sudden episodes of rage.  I responded by going to gurbani and found many shabads on eradicating the BIK(poison) and putting out the burning fires inside with naam and amrit.  It gave me more determination to persevere and stay on the path of gurmat and Simran. I needed to find this naam and amrit, and my journey got more meaning to it.

The more Simran you do, the more answers you'll find within yourself. Gurbani  tells us to peek inside and stand in front of these inner demons, vikaars we have.

I strongly suggest the tips mentioned above by  Dalsingh101 and Das.  I'm a firm believer in the powers of rock salt for absorbing negativities. On a different note;  I was recently advised  by member Lucky to try a Himalayan salt lamp and leave it in the area I do Simran in.  Pleased to say  I've noticed  benefits and it really does balance out the ions in the air as well as the pavan in the ida pingala nadis. 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hey Jageera, keeping well?

Anger hey?  Yeh, it's all normal and many meditators experience it.  I suffered the same but was able to self-analyze once it subsided. 

Simran is a process that starts with cleaning dirt and gandh layers ingrained on our mind.  I think people have different types reactions depending on the amount of dirt.   Think of it as cleansing toxins or negative energies accumulated on mind. Most of the time we don't know what they are and we subconsciously suppress them.  Our inner subtle body can deal up to certain capacity depending on inner strength or praan energy, but once threshold is reached, then  the toxins get transformed into other forms to be released and got rid of. 

They convert to various emotions, like rage, anger, worry, fear  lets say, or they can come outwards into physical body and present as ailments.   Many abyasees suffer with mild breakouts of skin rash, heat rash etc.  or even "garam sareer" leading to fungal type infections. 

I used to get the same kind of anger issues and later learned they were  related to my earlier drinking days and suppression of emotions.   Anger is a fire element and it's no wonder that liquor's called "firewater".  It creates a lot of work and heat on the liver, which ends up causing extra work/heat on the heart.  This results in Anger and Anxiety since they stem from fire.  In those days I was in a vicious cycle because as a drinker, I'd get burning desire to go through same cycle of intoxication the next evening.  I used to feel that liquor would quench this thirst and put this inner fire out.  Furthermore, if I didn't get the drink, then I'd be venting out anger and fighting with those around me.      I later realized that I'd been suppressing a lot of emotions with the drink. These were feelings of anger towards people that had hurt me and because I never displayed these to anyone, they led to my own insecurities. I convinced myself I was all  man and macho, and hadn't been hurt, but the reality was different.  

Sorry to ramble a bit here, but the point is that when I started real serious Simran, these suppressed emotions started releasing  every time and would leave me feeling angry and tense a few hours later. Most time's I'd be quite calm and serene, but the smallest factor would trigger sudden episodes of rage.  I responded by going to gurbani and found many shabads on eradicating the BIK(poison) and putting out the burning fires inside with naam and amrit.  It gave me more determination to persevere and stay on the path of gurmat and Simran. I needed to find this naam and amrit, and my journey got more meaning to it.

The more Simran you do, the more answers you'll find within yourself. Gurbani  tells us to peek inside and stand in front of these inner demons, vikaars we have.

I strongly suggest the tips mentioned above by  Dalsingh101 and Das.  I'm a firm believer in the powers of rock salt for absorbing negativities. On a different note;  I was recently advised  by member Lucky to try a Himalayan salt lamp and leave it in the area I do Simran in.  Pleased to say  I've noticed  benefits and it really does balance out the ions in the air as well as the pavan in the ida pingala nadis. 

I am fine ,thanks for the reply.Been 2 months without smoke and drink.I read as much as I can Mool Mantar+Salok everyday.I'm going to get my hands on the Himalayan salt by this week and start the feet soaking.

I'm shocked anyone actually still uses common table salt these days.  Get rock salt or the Himalayan stuff as standard. 

16 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

You know I must be going senile. I forgot one of the most powerful things for a Sikh to calm anger and anxiety down. Get some Sukhmani Sahib going on.

Ok will do.I found the version with english translation on youtube.

@Jageera Good on you with your detox.

Raag keertan helped me alot. Especially Siri raag, as its a lot of vairaag and this is more associated with heart than mind. So this may help if you are getting mentally fatigued with reading/ listening to bani simran etc.

Also physical exercise would help, simple brisk walks at night or just after you have done path/simran (which is where you find your self getting angry)

Anyway, keep it up bro!!

46 minutes ago, samurai2 said:

@Jageera Good on you with your detox.

Raag keertan helped me alot. Especially Siri raag, as its a lot of vairaag and this is more associated with heart than mind. So this may help if you are getting mentally fatigued with reading/ listening to bani simran etc.

Also physical exercise would help, simple brisk walks at night or just after you have done path/simran (which is where you find your self getting angry)

Anyway, keep it up bro!!

Thanks.I try to walk and light jog 3=5 times a week.Feel better after it.