Anger after Paath

Jageera

Hey Jageera, keeping well?

Anger hey?  Yeh, it's all normal and many meditators experience it.  I suffered the same but was able to self-analyze once it subsided. 

Simran is a process that starts with cleaning dirt and gandh layers ingrained on our mind.  I think people have different types reactions depending on the amount of dirt.   Think of it as cleansing toxins or negative energies accumulated on mind. Most of the time we don't know what they are and we subconsciously suppress them.  Our inner subtle body can deal up to certain capacity depending on inner strength or praan energy, but once threshold is reached, then  the toxins get transformed into other forms to be released and got rid of. 

They convert to various emotions, like rage, anger, worry, fear  lets say, or they can come outwards into physical body and present as ailments.   Many abyasees suffer with mild breakouts of skin rash, heat rash etc.  or even "garam sareer" leading to fungal type infections. 

I used to get the same kind of anger issues and later learned they were  related to my earlier drinking days and suppression of emotions.   Anger is a fire element and it's no wonder that liquor's called "firewater".  It creates a lot of work and heat on the liver, which ends up causing extra work/heat on the heart.  This results in Anger and Anxiety since they stem from fire.  In those days I was in a vicious cycle because as a drinker, I'd get burning desire to go through same cycle of intoxication the next evening.  I used to feel that liquor would quench this thirst and put this inner fire out.  Furthermore, if I didn't get the drink, then I'd be venting out anger and fighting with those around me.      I later realized that I'd been suppressing a lot of emotions with the drink. These were feelings of anger towards people that had hurt me and because I never displayed these to anyone, they led to my own insecurities. I convinced myself I was all  man and macho, and hadn't been hurt, but the reality was different.  

Sorry to ramble a bit here, but the point is that when I started real serious Simran, these suppressed emotions started releasing  every time and would leave me feeling angry and tense a few hours later. Most time's I'd be quite calm and serene, but the smallest factor would trigger sudden episodes of rage.  I responded by going to gurbani and found many shabads on eradicating the BIK(poison) and putting out the burning fires inside with naam and amrit.  It gave me more determination to persevere and stay on the path of gurmat and Simran. I needed to find this naam and amrit, and my journey got more meaning to it.

The more Simran you do, the more answers you'll find within yourself. Gurbani  tells us to peek inside and stand in front of these inner demons, vikaars we have.

I strongly suggest the tips mentioned above by  Dalsingh101 and Das.  I'm a firm believer in the powers of rock salt for absorbing negativities. On a different note;  I was recently advised  by member Lucky to try a Himalayan salt lamp and leave it in the area I do Simran in.  Pleased to say  I've noticed  benefits and it really does balance out the ions in the air as well as the pavan in the ida pingala nadis. 

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Hey Jageera, keeping well?

Anger hey?  Yeh, it's all normal and many meditators experience it.  I suffered the same but was able to self-analyze once it subsided. 

Simran is a process that starts with cleaning dirt and gandh layers ingrained on our mind.  I think people have different types reactions depending on the amount of dirt.   Think of it as cleansing toxins or negative energies accumulated on mind. Most of the time we don't know what they are and we subconsciously suppress them.  Our inner subtle body can deal up to certain capacity depending on inner strength or praan energy, but once threshold is reached, then  the toxins get transformed into other forms to be released and got rid of. 

They convert to various emotions, like rage, anger, worry, fear  lets say, or they can come outwards into physical body and present as ailments.   Many abyasees suffer with mild breakouts of skin rash, heat rash etc.  or even "garam sareer" leading to fungal type infections. 

I used to get the same kind of anger issues and later learned they were  related to my earlier drinking days and suppression of emotions.   Anger is a fire element and it's no wonder that liquor's called "firewater".  It creates a lot of work and heat on the liver, which ends up causing extra work/heat on the heart.  This results in Anger and Anxiety since they stem from fire.  In those days I was in a vicious cycle because as a drinker, I'd get burning desire to go through same cycle of intoxication the next evening.  I used to feel that liquor would quench this thirst and put this inner fire out.  Furthermore, if I didn't get the drink, then I'd be venting out anger and fighting with those around me.      I later realized that I'd been suppressing a lot of emotions with the drink. These were feelings of anger towards people that had hurt me and because I never displayed these to anyone, they led to my own insecurities. I convinced myself I was all  man and macho, and hadn't been hurt, but the reality was different.  

Sorry to ramble a bit here, but the point is that when I started real serious Simran, these suppressed emotions started releasing  every time and would leave me feeling angry and tense a few hours later. Most time's I'd be quite calm and serene, but the smallest factor would trigger sudden episodes of rage.  I responded by going to gurbani and found many shabads on eradicating the BIK(poison) and putting out the burning fires inside with naam and amrit.  It gave me more determination to persevere and stay on the path of gurmat and Simran. I needed to find this naam and amrit, and my journey got more meaning to it.

The more Simran you do, the more answers you'll find within yourself. Gurbani  tells us to peek inside and stand in front of these inner demons, vikaars we have.

I strongly suggest the tips mentioned above by  Dalsingh101 and Das.  I'm a firm believer in the powers of rock salt for absorbing negativities. On a different note;  I was recently advised  by member Lucky to try a Himalayan salt lamp and leave it in the area I do Simran in.  Pleased to say  I've noticed  benefits and it really does balance out the ions in the air as well as the pavan in the ida pingala nadis. 

I am fine ,thanks for the reply.Been 2 months without smoke and drink.I read as much as I can Mool Mantar+Salok everyday.I'm going to get my hands on the Himalayan salt by this week and start the feet soaking.

I'm shocked anyone actually still uses common table salt these days.  Get rock salt or the Himalayan stuff as standard. 

@Jageera Good on you with your detox.

Raag keertan helped me alot. Especially Siri raag, as its a lot of vairaag and this is more associated with heart than mind. So this may help if you are getting mentally fatigued with reading/ listening to bani simran etc.

Also physical exercise would help, simple brisk walks at night or just after you have done path/simran (which is where you find your self getting angry)

Anyway, keep it up bro!!

46 minutes ago, samurai2 said:

@Jageera Good on you with your detox.

Raag keertan helped me alot. Especially Siri raag, as its a lot of vairaag and this is more associated with heart than mind. So this may help if you are getting mentally fatigued with reading/ listening to bani simran etc.

Also physical exercise would help, simple brisk walks at night or just after you have done path/simran (which is where you find your self getting angry)

Anyway, keep it up bro!!

Thanks.I try to walk and light jog 3=5 times a week.Feel better after it.

Read Chandi Di Vaar in your nitnem, also maybe Ugardanti and Shastar Mala.

If you concentrate on the battle in Chandi di Vaar you can expel you anger during the paat :)

22 minutes ago, ipledgeblue said:

If you concentrate on the battle in Chandi di Vaar you can expel you anger during the paat :)

Veer ji these banis are designed for battle as i have been reading them for a few years now so i know what happens with these banis if read alone without 5 banis or sukhmani sahib can make a person bir ras anger fight etc.

These banis have to be read before sunset as well not just at any time. I have seen the effects of these banis and trust me its best to follow given maryada for the paaths.

@Jageera veer ji its most luckly you are getting withdrawl symptoms since you mentioned its been 2 months of you using smoke drink etc. It shall improve over time the withdrawl symptoms as its normal even i had them when my phone broke down but it will be ok in given time.

It is good for a walk if you can as that can help.

Also try to surround yourself with as much katha kirtain as you can to help with your ongoing jaap of mool mantar + salok.

12 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Thanks for the reply.I am new to daily paath.Currently memorizing and improving my Japji Sahib pronunciation.Once I can recite Japji Sahib with no hiccups I plan to start reciting Anand Sahib.I hope in the future the banis you mentioned will be in my nitnem but for now It would be better for me to focus on the mandatory banis.And I should also kick myself to start learning Gurmukhi seriously.I am procrastinating so much relying on transliterations.

11 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

@Jageera veer ji its most luckly you are getting withdrawl symptoms since you mentioned its been 2 months of you using smoke drink etc. It shall improve over time the withdrawl symptoms as its normal even i had them when my phone broke down but it will be ok in given time.

It is good for a walk if you can as that can help.

Also try to surround yourself with as much katha kirtain as you can to help with your ongoing jaap of mool mantar + salok.

Thanks for the reply Veer ji. I believe withdrawal and anger associated with it could be one of the culprits here. Been hearing Sant Maskeen ji's katha on Kundalini on youtube.This subject has taken my interest lately.Downloaded Gopi Krishnas Kundalini pdf and I just finished reading it.Going to start reading the tons of pdf's I've downloaded this past few months which I've never fully read yet.

4 hours ago, Jageera said:

.And I should also kick myself to start learning Gurmukhi seriously.I am procrastinating so much relying on transliterations.

Definitely do this brother. It makes a big difference and once you master it, it makes reading/pronunciation SO MUCH easier. 

1 hour ago, Jageera said:

Will do.Downloaded the Punjabi primer from your thread months back.All I need to do now is to open it and start.

Take it step by step. People here can help with questions.

16 hours ago, Jageera said:

Thanks for the reply Veer ji. I believe withdrawal and anger associated with it could be one of the culprits here

I am glad to help veer ji. And yes withdrawl symptoms can create this anger as its a change of lifestyle from previous to now.

Been hearing Sant Maskeen ji's katha on Kundalini on youtube.This subject has taken my interest lately.Downloaded Gopi Krishnas Kundalini pdf and I just finished reading it.Going to start reading the tons of pdf's I've downloaded this past few months which I've never fully read yet.

Veer ji i did a bit of reading on the subject of kundalini and what i have found on gurmatbibek.com is here based on gurbani. So its best you read these links before trying it after what i read.

http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=465

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,19451

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,1688

Thanks for the reply.I am new to daily paath.Currently memorizing and improving my Japji Sahib pronunciation.Once I can recite Japji Sahib with no hiccups I plan to start reciting Anand Sahib.I hope in the future the banis you mentioned will be in my nitnem but for now It would be better for me to focus on the mandatory banis.And I should also kick myself to start learning Gurmukhi seriously.I am procrastinating so much relying on transliterations.

Veer ji its good you have started with sri jap ji sahib and hopefuly will build up to panj banis. 

Here is a few videos i have found by basics of sikhi on how to start with doing paaths nitnem in the start

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

I am glad to help veer ji. And yes withdrawl symptoms can create this anger as its a change of lifestyle from previous to now.

Veer ji i did a bit of reading on the subject of kundalini and what i have found on gurmatbibek.com is here based on gurbani. So its best you read these links before trying it after what i read.

http://www.gurmatbibek.com/contents.php?id=465

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,19451

http://gurmatbibek.com/forum/read.php?3,1688

Thanks for the links Veerji.Always helpful.

On 1/15/2019 at 2:18 AM, das said:

Try this BEFORE sitting for paath or simran.

1. Fill a small tub/bucket (so that you can dip your feet covering ankles) of Hot water.
  2. Put "Himalayan/Pink Salt" (1 table-spoon)
  3. Soak your feet in that water for 15-20 minutes (do NOT exceed 20 minutes and no less than 15 minutes).
  4. Now, dry your feet.
  5. Get rid of that water by pouring it down the toilet. Flush the toilet.
  6. Now, do the Simran and/or Path.

Hopefully, you'll see the difference in first sitting.

Started today.Will update experience in a week.

• 2 weeks later...

1st update.

So far no visible changes in how I feel.I still had 1 anger outburst recently.I daily do the breathing naam jap.5-15minutes.Before that I will soak feet in the salt water.I notice it dehydrates my skin,especially my palms that turn all wrinkly,but after a while it goes back to normal.Plan to carry on the feet soak till that bottle of Himalayan salt is finished.Will update again.

6 hours ago, Jageera said:

1st update.

So far no visible changes in how I feel.I still had 1 anger outburst recently.I daily do the breathing naam jap.5-15minutes.Before that I will soak feet in the salt water.I notice it dehydrates my skin,especially my palms that turn all wrinkly,but after a while it goes back to normal.Plan to carry on the feet soak till that bottle of Himalayan salt is finished.Will update again.

Keep at it. Try and incorporate a little Sukhmani Sahib in as well. Breaking thought patterns isn't an overnight thing.

Slow the breathe rate too. I find the long slow exhalation on GU RU really chills me out. 

10 hours ago, Jageera said:

1st update.

Veer ji its really good that you are trying its not a over night habbit the anger that will break or shake off in one go. It will take time just like a 7 day week dose of antibotics 3 times a day that is used to help treat problems. 

Hopefully it will improve the longer you do naam simran jaap and the longer you practice from in the start from 5/15 mins then to increase into a hour then longer step by step.

I don't know about the salt water soaking part but its good that you are doing that as its supposed to help with the pain of standing for x y z amount of time. 

Speaking of feet i had my ingrown toe nail surgery done on wednesday and luckly its not painful but just uncomfortable cos of the bandage wrapped around the foot. Luckly i got a nurse appointment to remove the wrapping and see what happens next.

13 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Keep at it. Try and incorporate a little Sukhmani Sahib in as well. Breaking thought patterns isn't an overnight thing.

Slow the breathe rate too. I find the long slow exhalation on GU RU really chills me out. 

Ok.Will do.

9 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Speaking of feet i had my ingrown toe nail surgery done on wednesday and luckly its not painful but just uncomfortable cos of the bandage wrapped around the foot. Luckly i got a nurse appointment to remove the wrapping and see what happens next.

All the best.👍