Jageera

Anger after Paath

5 hours ago, Jageera said:

Ok.Will do.

All the best.ūüĎć

Have you had any insights into the roots causes of your anger?

16 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I believe that I have been numbing my mind with intoxicants to escape harsh realities and bad life decisions.Now without it as a crutch,I am experiencing the full effect and regrets of past actions and situations making my emotions volatile.Another issue is my memory is getting clearer now since I stopped drinking and smoking.Before this my memory was always hazy.Now it's getting clear and I am getting flashbacks of old memories,some 20 years old.The problem is I am mostly remembering negative memories that trigger anger,depression and extreme regret.

On 2/7/2019 at 6:12 AM, Jageera said:

1st update.

So far no visible changes in how I feel.I still had 1 anger outburst recently.I daily do the breathing naam jap.5-15minutes.Before that I will soak feet in the salt water.I notice it dehydrates my skin,especially my palms that turn all wrinkly,but after a while it goes back to normal.Plan to carry on the feet soak till that bottle of Himalayan salt is finished.Will update again.

Please increase the quantity of salt from 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons (exactly 3). For dehydration, drink a glass of water (slowly by holding each sip in mouth for couple of seconds) after the soaking. That should kick in the process.

27 minutes ago, das said:

Please increase the quantity of salt from 1 tablespoon to 3 tablespoons (exactly 3). For dehydration, drink a glass of water (slowly by holding each sip in mouth for couple of seconds) after the soaking. That should kick in the process.

Ok will do.I use hot water thats cooled down a bit,when I put my feet in its very hot and I have to go in and out of the water a few times until my feet can remain in the water with no burning sensation.I also do some visualization that black negative energy is draining out of my feet and mixing into the water.

3 tablespoons of salt in how much water(liters) do you recommend?

1 hour ago, dalsingh101 said:

Hello Veerji.Tried to pm you but you can't receive.Wanted to ask about the breathing naam jap.When I touch the tip of the tongue to the roof,do I need to apply pressure and push towards the roof or just a slight touch?

You mentioned concentrate on each syllable separately but when I do that I notice I take 2 short breaths in instead of 1 long one. And do I take long breaths in and out slowly or just short ones faster?

Thanks.

2 hours ago, Jageera said:

Ok will do.I use hot water thats cooled down a bit,when I put my feet in its very hot and I have to go in and out of the water a few times until my feet can remain in the water with no burning sensation.I also do some visualization that black negative energy is draining out of my feet and mixing into the water.

3 tablespoons of salt in how much water(liters) do you recommend?

don't use that much hot water. just the warm water is enough. In regards to quantity of water, use enough water that covers your whole feet. I am assuming that you are using standard size bucket and not using bath tub.

Moreover visualization is perfect but only when you know ALL ins and outs of it. So, I would suggest without visualization as the starting point, may be just recite Waheguru during the soaking.

Rest is up to you.

13 minutes ago, das said:

don't use that much hot water. just the warm water is enough. In regards to quantity of water, use enough water that covers your whole feet. I am assuming that you are using standard size bucket and not using bath tub.

Moreover visualization is perfect but only when you know ALL ins and outs of it. So, I would suggest without visualization as the starting point, may be just recite Waheguru during the soaking.

Rest is up to you.

Ok understood.Yes I use a standard bucket.Thank you Veerji.

2 hours ago, Jageera said:

Hello Veerji.Tried to pm you but you can't receive.Wanted to ask about the breathing naam jap.When I touch the tip of the tongue to the roof,do I need to apply pressure and push towards the roof or just a slight touch?

Veer ji my PM box is full right now. 

1) The tongue should just slightly touch the roof, it should essentially just rest there - no significant pressure is applied. 

You mentioned concentrate on each syllable separately but when I do that I notice I take 2 short breaths in instead of 1 long one. And do I take long breaths in and out slowly or just short ones faster?

Thanks.

I'm going to tell you what works for me, and I think people adapt techniques to suit them. Remember that your lung capacity is very likely changing now that you've cut down/given up the fags. When I started simran, my breathing was very shallow at first, but this changed over time. I now go for long slow breathing. It might be a practice thing, so it might take you a little bit of sustained effort to get it?

Maybe I misled you a bit, really if I think about it, the first two syllables (WAAAAAAAAHE) are one deep drawing in of air (through the nose). 

Then I hold it in for a second. (Pause)

Now for the exhalation (which for me is the longest part), I slowly breath out to GUUUUUUUURRRUUUUUUUUUUUUU. When I get to the end I try and pause for a second again. This exhalation I repeat is much longer than the inhalation for some reason. 

Then start again: WAAAAAAAHE  

4 hours ago, Jageera said:

I believe that I have been numbing my mind with intoxicants to escape harsh realities and bad life decisions.Now without it as a crutch,I am experiencing the full effect and regrets of past actions and situations making my emotions volatile.Another issue is my memory is getting clearer now since I stopped drinking and smoking.Before this my memory was always hazy.Now it's getting clear and I am getting flashbacks of old memories,some 20 years old.The problem is I am mostly remembering negative memories that trigger anger,depression and extreme regret.

The simran should help you (in time) to let go of the triggering thoughts. 

I've been getting flashbacks too of late. But I recognise them for what they are. I don't think I was mentally ready or mature enough to fully understand and deal with the past before. I think the repressed thoughts coming out now are a sign that you are finally ready to deal with them (not that it this is easy). 

Letting go and living in this moment onwards (easier said than done) is the biggest aid to overcoming regrets like you mention. It's wahegurus hukam.

12 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Veer ji my PM box is full right now. 

1) The tongue should just slightly touch the roof, it should essentially just rest there - no significant pressure is applied. 

I'm going to tell you what works for me, and I think people adapt techniques to suit them. Remember that your lung capacity is very likely changing now that you've cut down/given up the fags. When I started simran, my breathing was very shallow at first, but this changed over time. I now go for long slow breathing. It might be a practice thing, so it might take you a little bit of sustained effort to get it?

Maybe I misled you a bit, really if I think about it, the first two syllables (WAAAAAAAAHE) are one deep drawing in of air (through the nose). 

Then I hold it in for a second. (Pause)

Now for the exhalation (which for me is the longest part), I slowly breath out to GUUUUUUUURRRUUUUUUUUUUUUU. When I get to the end I try and pause for a second again. This exhalation I repeat is much longer than the inhalation for some reason. 

Then start again: WAAAAAAAHE  

The simran should help you (in time) to let go of the triggering thoughts. 

I've been getting flashbacks too of late. But I recognise them for what they are. I don't think I was mentally ready or mature enough to fully understand and deal with the past before. I think the repressed thoughts coming out now are a sign that you are finally ready to deal with them (not that it this is easy). 

Letting go and living in this moment onwards (easier said than done) is the biggest aid to overcoming regrets like you mention. It's wahegurus hukam.

Thanks for the reply.

I have a clearer picture now.Will carry on and update in a week.