Anger after Paath

Jageera

8 hours ago, Jageera said:

Funny you mention it since I had the longest simran session few days back for about 30minutes and it was awesome.

I just sat on a chair and started breathing in and out.Lights all off.Kept on doing it as long as I could and then on the lights and realized its been 30mins.

Well done!

Keep it up.    Having lights off(artificial), is quite beneficial imo.   

I'd recommend  keeping yourself physically busy on topof all this, and applying "dhyian"(focus) where it concerns your body and physique.    Things like venting out anger on a punch bag, pushing yourself at the gym etc.    Focus on diverting attention from the strain of last few reps and going beyond.  Make your own mental goals as you go along as this will give more strength  in preventing a 'dreaded' relapse back to liquor.  

9 hours ago, Jageera said:

Funny you mention it since I had the longest simran session few days back for about 30minutes and it was awesome.

I just sat on a chair and started breathing in and out.Lights all off.Kept on doing it as long as I could and then on the lights and realized its been 30mins.

I'm going to try and up the lengths of my sessions now too. It really is a psychological/physiological reset. You notice its powerful effects the most when you go from one state to another. 

On 3/7/2019 at 6:14 PM, Lucky said:

Well done!

Keep it up.    Having lights off(artificial), is quite beneficial imo.   

I'd recommend  keeping yourself physically busy on topof all this, and applying "dhyian"(focus) where it concerns your body and physique.    Things like venting out anger on a punch bag, pushing yourself at the gym etc.    Focus on diverting attention from the strain of last few reps and going beyond.  Make your own mental goals as you go along as this will give more strength  in preventing a 'dreaded' relapse back to liquor.  

Thank you.I am putting on weight and have to start serious physical activity soon as since I stopped smoking I've been eating a lot for comfort but still under control.

On 3/7/2019 at 7:08 PM, dalsingh101 said:

I'm going to try and up the lengths of my sessions now too. It really is a psychological/physiological reset. You notice its powerful effects the most when you go from one state to another. 

I hope I get to notice it's powerful effects.That would help me a lot.

25 minutes ago, Jageera said:

Thank you.I am putting on weight and have to start serious physical activity soon as since I stopped smoking I've been eating a lot for comfort but still under control.

Hey! Don't make another problem for yourself in this way! Once you make a bunch of fat cells they never go away. Nip that in the bud quicktime because I guarantee the next thing will be that you will get depressed about your weight. Seen it happen a few times. 

I hope I get to notice it's powerful effects.That would help me a lot.

It's sublime, you have to develop your own perceptual sensitivity to grasp it. To me, going from a previous state to one of calmness and equilibrium is a powerful shift. 

I like this thread. It made me do 25 minutes of simran today! : )

On 3/9/2019 at 2:05 AM, dalsingh101 said:

Hey! Don't make another problem for yourself in this way! Once you make a bunch of fat cells they never go away. Nip that in the bud quicktime because I guarantee the next thing will be that you will get depressed about your weight. Seen it happen a few times. 

It's sublime, you have to develop your own perceptual sensitivity to grasp it. To me, going from a previous state to one of calmness and equilibrium is a powerful shift. 

I like this thread. It made me do 25 minutes of simran today! : )

Yes I have to start asap.Thanks for the advice.

6 hours ago, Jageera said:

Yes I have to start asap.Thanks for the advice.

Start with drastically cutting down on food. If you're not training or doing a manually physical job you probably don't need to eat half as much as you do. 

• 4 weeks later...

Another update.Doing minimal simran these days.Just focusing on Japji Sahib and Benti Chaupai.

Had about 3 days where I did breathing simran,verbal simran and mental simran alternatively within 1 hour.On the 4th day when I sat down and started simran,within 5 mins I stopped and had this terrible revolting feeling inside.Suddenly felt like as if I was in extreme agony and the Simran was the cause of it and I had to stop it.A lot of anger too like I was angry at myself for doing this simran.Once I stopped and left the room,all was well and good again.From then it is just minimal breathing simran 5-10 mins before reading Japji Sahib.

Now sometimes I do 1 slow mala of Mool Mantar.That always works well for me. I did it mentally 1 mala,took me about 50mins to complete.I can always feel the top of my head pulsating or vibrating when I go slow.I seem to like it and will do more of this.I get a feeling of steam released out of my head once I'm done.

Will update more if anything new.So far everything seems stagnant and no significant change in mindset and emotions.Maybe I can say I have better control now.

2 hours ago, Jageera said:

Will update more if anything new.So far everything seems stagnant and no significant change in mindset and emotions.Maybe I can say I have better control now.

This works sehajay sehajay and you make very subtle but significant progress without realising it at the time:

Notice that you are more infinitely more attuned with your psychological state now. You are watching it now instead of just reacting to it or acting on it obliviously. 

2 hours ago, Jageera said:

Had about 3 days where I did breathing simran,verbal simran and mental simran alternatively within 1 hour.On the 4th day when I sat down and started simran,within 5 mins I stopped and had this terrible revolting feeling inside.Suddenly felt like as if I was in extreme agony and the Simran was the cause of it and I had to stop it.A lot of anger too like I was angry at myself for doing this simran.Once I stopped and left the room,all was well and good again.From then it is just minimal breathing simran 5-10 mins before reading Japji Sahib.

Keep doing what works for you. I'm on 20 (sometimes 25) minutes of internalised breathing simran now. This thread helped me up the time. 

That experience you had might be a significant release of negative emotion from within. You have to stop thinking the simran is anything bad for you (at the very least be neutral about it, if not positive). 

Could it be that those strong emotions you felt was a revolt of your munh, now that it has twigged on to the fact that you are regularly doing simran to try and limit it's power over you? The mind plays tricks like that on you to try and stay in complete power. 

Also, when you read Anand Sahib, pay close attention to the instances and of the word munh and how the word is used. You are engaging with your munh now, and you are trying to be munh-jeet (a conqueror of your munh) - but the munh will try and resist this . That might be what you experienced? A desperate attempt by your munh to keep in control. 

9 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

Could it be that those strong emotions you felt was a revolt of your munh, now that it has twigged on to the fact that you are regularly doing simran to try and limit it's power over you? The mind plays tricks like that on you to try and stay in complete power. 

Also, when you read Anand Sahib, pay close attention to the instances and of the word munh and how the word is used. You are engaging with your munh now, and you are trying to be munh-jeet (a conqueror of your munh) - but the munh will try and resist this . That might be what you experienced? A desperate attempt by your munh to keep in control. 

Not sure Veerji,haven't started reading Anand Sahib. What you said does make a lot of sense,didn't think of it that way.I'm taking it very slow now.Just 5-10 mins daily.

4 hours ago, Jageera said:

Not sure Veerji,haven't started reading Anand Sahib. What you said does make a lot of sense,didn't think of it that way.I'm taking it very slow now.Just 5-10 mins daily.

I think quality is better than quantity myself. Do what works for you.