Sehaj & what hinders spiritual progression

• 1 month later...

Veerji please would you let me know what is Sahej?  And  wats sunn? How are they different.. .  I have been looking all this while but couldn't find..  Even in one katha by the above Bhai Sahab - he tells abhiyaasi " sahej vich nahi jaana "

57 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

Veerji please would you let me know what is Sahej?  And  wats sunn? How are they different.. .  I have been looking all this while but couldn't find..  Even in one katha by the above Bhai Sahab - he tells abhiyaasi " sahej vich nahi jaana "

Very good observation bhen-ji, as Sunn and Sehaj are sometimes used interchangeably but are somewhat different if used in the appropriately. In the context of what you heard in that recording, what I understand he meant and stand to be corrected by more learned Gurmukhs is -

Sunn is the stage of no-thoughts. Sometimes you can have no-thoughts (no chitter chatter in the mind) and still be consciously aware and sometimes you loose even your awareness. This later stage can also be called Sunn by some and Sehaj by others.

Sehaj is state when you loose complete body consciousness/awareness and fall into a deep sleep like state. The head may lower and drop as if your dosing off. You are no longer aware you have a body or any of the physical body parts or senses. A deeper state of Sehaj is when body conscious is lost, mind awakens inside and still hears naam anhad shabad. This is referred to listening without ears, seeing without eyes, and walking without feet etc. The mind uses it's own faculties like we use when we are dreaming. However this time it's not in a dream, but you aware you are there.

Obviously someone was falling asleep during simran or katha, and he wanted the person to remain awake and aware. Reason being from what I have heard, there multiple ways to go inwards, and you will hear about both approaches depending on the video. In one he will say going in with method 1, and in the other go with method 2.

1. First one jaaps gurmantar (start with bakhari (loud), madhma (whisper), and pasanti (mentally)) until a stage comes when thoughts stop and one goes into Sunn (thoughtless state) and then into Sehaj (sleep). A self induced sleep state, not just because your tired. It happens because the mind is becoming still. Because anhad is not being heard or awakened yet then mind naturally falls in this state. That is fine because as you go into Sunn/Sehaj and wait there, the mind gains strength and eventually anhad awakens the mind in that sleep/sehaj state and then you carry on that journey.

2. Jaap gurmantar, anhad sounds can be heard in the head or near the ears or above, keep gurmantar going in background slowly (also called Sehaj lol), but shift your attention/surti on to the anhad sounds. Follow the sounds inwards. Eventually a stage will come when the mind goes into Sehaj but also awakens and still hears the anhad sounds and inner journey continues along side the shabads.

Both approaches require at lot of patience, faith and perseverance.

The confusion comes is why is he stopping the person going into Sehaj if that is ultimately the goal. Reason being when one is sitting in Sangat of a Gurmukh then one should remain jagrath and take laha/gyan of what is being discussed and taught, not head into your own cave. This should be done in your own time, or if your specifically instructed to head that way by the Gurmukhs. It also aids in building stamina in maintaining dhyan, because it is all a game of "dhyan" in the later stages. How long can one keep their dhyan locked on Gurmantar, locked on anhad sounds, etc. You will find that mind likes to wonder off after some time because it or gets board and not sitting still and focused.

Hope this answers your question and not confuse you further. I know I had these very same questions that went unanswered for many years. Only lately are things beginning to make sense with WaheGuru's grace. This bhagti marg is talked about in what appears to be cryptic encoded language, and I must say I find it rather annoying and unnecessary.  Only after regular sangat do you begin to pick you the language of the saints.

Listen to this one next. Especially the 3 questions and answers. You will see what I'm talking about. I shared them for a reason. 😉  Part of the gyan was indirectly shared in the Q&A.

On 3/15/2019 at 12:05 AM, Sat1176 said:

Very good observation bhen-ji, as Sunn and Sehaj are sometimes used interchangeably but are somewhat different if used in the appropriately. In the context of what you heard in that recording, what I understand he meant and stand to be corrected by more learned Gurmukhs is -

Sunn is the stage of no-thoughts. Sometimes you can have no-thoughts (no chitter chatter in the mind) and still be consciously aware and sometimes you loose even your awareness. This later stage can also be called Sunn by some and Sehaj by others.

Sehaj is state when you loose complete body consciousness/awareness and fall into a deep sleep like state. The head may lower and drop as if your dosing off. You are no longer aware you have a body or any of the physical body parts or senses. A deeper state of Sehaj is when body conscious is lost, mind awakens inside and still hears naam anhad shabad. This is referred to listening without ears, seeing without eyes, and walking without feet etc. The mind uses it's own faculties like we use when we are dreaming. However this time it's not in a dream, but you aware you are there.

Obviously someone was falling asleep during simran or katha, and he wanted the person to remain awake and aware. Reason being from what I have heard, there multiple ways to go inwards, and you will hear about both approaches depending on the video. In one he will say going in with method 1, and in the other go with method 2.

1. First one jaaps gurmantar (start with bakhari (loud), madhma (whisper), and pasanti (mentally)) until a stage comes when thoughts stop and one goes into Sunn (thoughtless state) and then into Sehaj (sleep). A self induced sleep state, not just because your tired. It happens because the mind is becoming still. Because anhad is not being heard or awakened yet then mind naturally falls in this state. That is fine because as you go into Sunn/Sehaj and wait there, the mind gains strength and eventually anhad awakens the mind in that sleep/sehaj state and then you carry on that journey.

2. Jaap gurmantar, anhad sounds can be heard in the head or near the ears or above, keep gurmantar going in background slowly (also called Sehaj lol), but shift your attention/surti on to the anhad sounds. Follow the sounds inwards. Eventually a stage will come when the mind goes into Sehaj but also awakens and still hears the anhad sounds and inner journey continues along side the shabads.

Both approaches require at lot of patience, faith and perseverance.

The confusion comes is why is he stopping the person going into Sehaj if that is ultimately the goal. Reason being when one is sitting in Sangat of a Gurmukh then one should remain jagrath and take laha/gyan of what is being discussed and taught, not head into your own cave. This should be done in your own time, or if your specifically instructed to head that way by the Gurmukhs. It also aids in building stamina in maintaining dhyan, because it is all a game of "dhyan" in the later stages. How long can one keep their dhyan locked on Gurmantar, locked on anhad sounds, etc. You will find that mind likes to wonder off after some time because it or gets board and not sitting still and focused.

Hope this answers your question and not confuse you further. I know I had these very same questions that went unanswered for many years. Only lately are things beginning to make sense with WaheGuru's grace. This bhagti marg is talked about in what appears to be cryptic encoded language, and I must say I find it rather annoying and unnecessary.  Only after regular sangat do you begin to pick you the language of the saints.

Listen to this one next. Especially the 3 questions and answers. You will see what I'm talking about. I shared them for a reason. 😉  Part of the gyan was indirectly shared in the Q&A.

Hanji.  Got u.  ThaNk you so much 🙏

Just one more ( if m not bugging u-🙈m sorry)  but sunn samadhi?? 

I guess these are not discussed openly cos learned people may only provide this info to as they say - the one who's the 'gahak' and not just anybody.  Because there r more of Nindaks..  As in one instance rather 2, I have heard Giani jis saying that they got 'eatables-santra and mooli looking fruits: from Sachkhand. ..  Only few would believe them and others would call liars etc... So probably thas y they keep hush hush. 

But Waheguru ji is amazing..  He has his ways of making his children find the right way.... 

4 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

Hanji.  Got u.  ThaNk you so much 🙏

Just one more ( if m not bugging u-🙈m sorry)  but sunn samadhi?? 

I guess these are not discussed openly cos learned people may only provide this info to as they say - the one who's the 'gahak' and not just anybody.  Because there r more of Nindaks..  As in one instance rather 2, I have heard Giani jis saying that they got 'eatables-santra and mooli looking fruits: from Sachkhand. ..  Only few would believe them and others would call liars etc... So probably thas y they keep hush hush. 

But Waheguru ji is amazing..  He has his ways of making his children find the right way.... 

Bhen ji you are right a lot of people don't have any strength to listen to the practical bhagati kutaks especially the ones mentioned as people label paath karan wale people crazy or lies is probably best why these things are best kept gupt and a secert as no many can digest the happenings.

4 hours ago, Mooorakh said:

sunn samadhi?

Think it’s been mentioned in other posts. Do a search as I don’t know much about that.

as for Giani ji and the fruits, I have to say I’m somewhat skeptical. For someone to be able to materialise objects from thin air or have mastery over the 5 elements to be able to create physical objects from nothing would be some feat. Whether they are coming from sachkhand, the highest abode where only Waheguru resides is another matter altogether. There is no akaar/form as we know it let alone plates of fruit. 

16 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

Think it’s been mentioned in other posts. Do a search as I don’t know much about that

Hanji,  I have.  More than once.  There have been instances where u and @hisservant veerji have been struggling with questions that I have now.  @Lucky veerji has answered them then.. like stages of Sunn. ,  vibrations in the ears,  and few more that I have are

1. vibrations in the body ( which is probably -jhatke- that Simranjeet ji mentioned in Q. 2 in above video)  so I m not a -pakka- fruit yet. 

2. Running eyes specially in sangat and everyone starts looking at me.  I am trying not to but it just happens- then m left with either leaving the Sangat( which I hate inside) or keep on sitting and ignoring the stares.  

3. Feeling cold

It would be great if I get any suggestions on these but my original question is " As u both are leading the way for us all.. .((n (thank u tonnes for that 🌸🌺🌹🌷💐))

Have u found something new since.  I mean. ..  Something thas not bookish. ..  I hope u understand wat I mean though I am aware that I have not put things properly

On 3/16/2019 at 5:33 AM, Sat1176 said:

Think it’s been mentioned in other posts. Do a search as I don’t know much about that

Hanji,  I have.  More than once.  There have been instances where u and @hisservant veerji have been struggling with questions that I have now.  @Lucky veerji has answered them then.. like stages of Sunn. ,  vibrations in the ears,  and few more that I have are

1. vibrations in the body ( which is probably -jhatke- that Simranjeet ji mentioned in Q. 2 in above video)  so I m not a -pakka- fruit yet. 

2. Running eyes specially in sangat and everyone starts looking at me.  I am trying not to but it just happens- then m left with either leaving the Sangat( which I hate inside) or keep on sitting and ignoring the stares.  

3. Feeling cold

It would be great if I get any suggestions on these but my original question is " As u both are leading the way for us all.. .((n (thank u tonnes for that 🌸🌺🌹🌷💐))

Have u found something new since.  I mean. ..  Something thas not bookish. ..  I hope u understand wat I mean though I am aware that I have not put things properly