Mooorakh

Sleep during meditation

15 hours ago, Sat1176 said:

1.Elongate waaaahe guuuuru jap and listen to dhun. This should help stop thoughts

2.Listen to sehaj dhun if you can hear dhun and fall asleep

3.You will enter deep sleep without dreams

4.Then after some time you will come back for a short moment. Maybe to change sides. Don’t open eyes. Repeat gurmantar with surti or listen to anhad shabad or start gurmantar again.

5.You will fall asleep again.

6.Then you will awake again.

7.Listen to anhad or simran

8.5 shabads will start

9.Anhad Toor (very loud) may come as combined sounds or like loud horn being blown

10.Put dhyan (listen) on Toor if possible after which Parkash may manifest

11.Put dhyan (look) on Parkash (Transparent bright light - Nirankar)

Valuable tips.

Doing Simran and feeling tired is a good thing. There is a very fine line between drifting into sleep/dreamless sleep and sunn.   With practice, you will be able to recognize the difference. 

Thank u.  Thank 🙏💕u @Sat1176and @Lucky veerji for ur feedback.  This is the first time u both have replied to me,  though I hv quoted u before and this time it was least expected..  Thank u

I am still a nascent 'nyaani bachi' in this marg not to any avastha as such praying  for Anhad shabad day n night these days.  Wasn't even enough aware of this 'mind game' till a few months ago..  It's not that I hv chosen to be called Moorakh for the heck of it..  I Am A total Moorakh, a Tubelight which (glows) months after something happens to me...  N m left with SORRYs only.   N looking for ways to find 2nd chance 

thanks again. M very happy to find this space

@moorakh, I totally second what Sat1176 has explained above.  Whether you should think of sleep as a hindrance or not, is difficult to justify.

According to my own experience, I reckon that some of us may assume we are falling asleep, but in fact, we are rising into deeper states.   I'm no expert on sleep, but i can give a few pointers for you to look into....

- If you drift off into dream state, then this is mostly Maya.  I'm referring to doing simran whilst sat up with back straight. Doing simran whilst lying down is something I could discuss in the future. For yourself, at this stage, i would pay attention to what happens exactly when you think you're falling asleep?

1) You're head may droop forward, but if you're back and posture is giving way, then a) you are probably going into dream state-maya or b) you're prana flow isn't strong enough. 

OR

2) if you are drifting and can maybe hear things in background, and not losing your asan, AND gurmantar is still going, ..then you are most likely going towards the dreamless void(eventually).  From what I remember, this stage was rather confusing because i was never sure if i were asleep or in deeper consciousness.  IMO, i'd say to continue going deeper into your simran if you are encountering this.   Just keep checking that your gurmantar was still going. The tricky part is that you'll only be able to confirm this once you are back and fully awake (disassociated).

This was the approach that i was using at the time, even though I wasn't sure, but It helped in progressing further.  I hope that gives you  better understanding. Really, you don't wanna overthink it too much either but just keep focus on gurmantar. If sleep comes, and you really feel inclined to get under the duvet, then do so. Otherwise, just continue and assess after the session.  Before hearing naam, you're mind will go through a number of intermediary stages. It's all about  'cleansing' the mann.   

In time,  you  will learn that there is much more to sleep and how a gurmukh remains jagath 'an-din' (day-night). I'm not going to say too much on those topics or how it's possible, because it will probably be confusing. 

45 minutes ago, Lucky said:

@moorakh, I totally second what Sat1176 has explained above.  Whether you should think of sleep as a hindrance or not, is difficult to justify.

According to my own experience, I reckon that some of us may assume we are falling asleep, but in fact, we are rising into deeper states.   I'm no expert on sleep, but i can give a few pointers for you to look into....

- If you drift off into dream state, then this is mostly Maya.  I'm referring to doing simran whilst sat up with back straight. Doing simran whilst lying down is something I could discuss in the future. For yourself, at this stage, i would pay attention to what happens exactly when you think you're falling asleep?

1) You're head may droop forward, but if you're back and posture is giving way, then a) you are probably going into dream state-maya or b) you're prana flow isn't strong enough. 

OR

2) if you are drifting and can maybe hear things in background, and not losing your asan, AND gurmantar is still going, ..then you are most likely going towards the dreamless void(eventually).  From what I remember, this stage was rather confusing because i was never sure if i were asleep or in deeper consciousness.  IMO, i'd say to continue going deeper into your simran if you are encountering this.   Just keep checking that your gurmantar was still going. The tricky part is that you'll only be able to confirm this once you are back and fully awake (disassociated).

This was the approach that i was using at the time, even though I wasn't sure, but It helped in progressing further.  I hope that gives you  better understanding. Really, you don't wanna overthink it too much either but just keep focus on gurmantar. If sleep comes, and you really feel inclined to get under the duvet, then do so. Otherwise, just continue and assess after the session.  Before hearing naam, you're mind will go through a number of intermediary stages. It's all about  'cleansing' the mann.   

In time,  you  will learn that there is much more to sleep and how a gurmukh remains jagath 'an-din' (day-night). I'm not going to say too much on those topics or how it's possible, because it will probably be confusing. 

Pls forgive me but my mind is so full of this other thought at this time,  M planning to post in the other section that m not able to reply to this right now. 

But thank u so much for taking up my problem. N yes m more mooorakh than u both have tagged.  It has three Ooos

11 hours ago, Lucky said:

rather confusing because i was never sure if i were asleep or in deeper consciousness.  IMO, i'd say to continue going deeper into your simran

Thanks again.  Ok so that's the tricky part here

1. That video above from Raghubir Singh ji says that u can leave Gurumantra wen u feel connected.  I do.  And then theres' silence for a short while n donno but either i drift off to sleep or just get up with a jerk that m wasting time sitting n doing nothing.  Now I will keep Gurumantra going...  

Also another little doubt (since I lost my sweetness of mouth becos of ignorance,  I think it's better to ask) in between Simran or  Nitnem at times I start vibrating,  I mean m not sure that if my body is vibrating too from outside but I feel that I am vibrating.  I open my eyes then and start again..  

On 7/2/2015 at 3:49 AM, CdnSikhGirl said:

Whole body vibrations are normal... they also happen before out of body experiences. Same with loud noises.... usually described as rushing, pulsing, static sound, like electromagnetic interference or something.  I think both are you just becoming aware of what exists beyond this physical level.  Think of this reality as a radio station, and you are the antenna / receiver.  You are 'tuned' into this reality but when you start to raise your frequency (through simran etc) same as on a radio dial, you will encounter static between 'stations'.  That's the best way I can explain it.  

Thanks @CdnSikhGirl. Lamps u lit here years ago are still providing light to the travelers..  Pls reply if u read this as u seem not active here anymore.  🌹🌷🌺🌸