Gay Sikh man was forced to dress up as a woman on his wedding day because his in-laws didn't want anyone to know he was male

You know, I feel that a lot of people and families need to totally rethink the whole 'izzat' thing. For many people it just seems to boil down to some (to me) inconceivable terror about maintaining some front or image in fear of what other people in their social circles may say. This seems to be the driving force for some really strange decisions and actions by families - that eventually lead to the very thing that they fear so much (ironically). 

Now one gay guy is being married to a girl; how can that end well? And when that girl's family inevitably discover the truth, what damage will that cause to the bride and her family? And this family with the gay guy - how can they be so selfish and deceptive, without an apparent care for the wider implications of this to others?

10 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Its really bad especially as they did ardas infront of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji along with ardas shown in the pictures.

Where did you get that from brother? I didn't see any pictures like that myself?

3 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji its posted on the sun newspaper page article here is a screenshot i took of it.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/8551458/gay-sikh-man-forced-dress-woman-wedding/

Screenshot_20190307-135504_Chrome.jpg

So the mum made them go through this whole charade in front of Guru Sahib.......

What an evil women. 

20 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Yes veer ji it really shocked me reading this article especially as they lied infront of Guru Sahib Jis saroop.

Bhai ji, that pic might be a stock image they found of a Sikh wedding and not an actual one of the viah?