Post your favorite Kirtan

harsharan000

Waheguru ji 😲😲

What a mess! I am sorry all and thanks @Still nascentji and @sukhpreet. 

Thank you @harsharan000 ji, you have proved that my decision in not replying to you in past posts was right. Sukhpreet would know now there's no point in  throwing stones ( see it's not worth our energy) 

I have conveyed my point( that was NOT kirtan to recommend on a forum - still nascent veerji has replied well what kirtan is, which you have ignored) you can keep scratching the pole now 

We won't be replying . 🙏🏻🙏🏻

57 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

What a mess! I am sorry all and thanks @Still nascentji and @sukhpreet. 

Well if you do not like mess, why do you start ? You know deep within you you would like to belittle me as often as you can, thus conscioussly or unconscioussly, every  X  cyclical time you create trouble, thus if you create, then know that you will be retaliated back. So, for god´s sake, do not try to lecture me or argue until you are sure 100% right, for then I will not only appreciate it,  rather I would thank you.

Thank you @harsharan000 ji, you have proved that my decision in not replying to you in past posts was right.

Please do not thank me, there is nothing to be thankful for,  just re-think and see it that, it is not necessary to lecture someone , belittle, or taunt as seen in this line of your above

Sukhpreet would know now there's no point in  throwing stones ( see it's not worth our energy)

Good, for telling @Sukh_preet what to do, for this poster has gladly recognized she is your chamcha, though it is a pity for not being independent and use his/her own brains. 

I have conveyed my point( that was NOT kirtan to recommend on a forum -

Well, you can convey anything and you have full right in doing so, the thing is, that you have aversion towrds me for whatever reason which I do respect, but that does not mean, if you invite trouble by belittleling or putting off just because you disagree and want to put your point as right when it is not, then you will be answered back in the same manner, but then also as seen there is no guarantee that you may agree as seen already all the times you have attacked me for no reason, and evry time I have proved you that, due to your rush to belittle me and put me down,  I aswer you back with proofs that you were not right.

Pen Jee, just change the chip in your mind for hating me,  accept me as I am for I accept you as you are, you know what I already told i do not like your posts, thus I hardly read them,  because as I told you in my first post I respect your freedom, so what if you differ from my views, and for that I never ever try to belittle you, only respect me and widen your horizons a bit,  then you will see that, you will get always  support as a brother, for are we not all seeking Waheguru? Then why so much bahamnwadee as  orthodox sikhs? 

I also conved my point in my reply to you, what is kirtan, but you seem to have overlooked it, you are selective in what you have interest, other points you just overlook them,. but then for each point of yours you want abswers, when you hardly answer any questions with any  logic in it.

still nascent veerji has replied well what kirtan is, which you have ignored)

No,  I have not ignored anything and let me show you. This what I replied you in case you do not remember:

For your kind information, the word kirtan, or kirtana, means ‘telling, narrating, enumerating or describing’ and originates from the Vedic period,  and that is exactly what the singer is doing, communicating with the Almighty.

So if I already said what kirtan is for me, how many times you want me to repeat it? He has already read this my line in the post replying you. and he just sopke out what kirtan is, and that is fine, why do want me to fight wih him or has he to fight me? Please stop instigating people and spreading negativity

you can keep scratching the pole now 

There is no pole, no scratching,  give it any names, for anytime you or anybody tries anything mischevious, you will for sure get due replies, bad mouthing or belittleling will be not be ignored and thus given  appropiate answers

57 minutes ago, Mooorakh said:

We won't be replying . 🙏🏻🙏🏻

Well, that is your decision, do not start the mess neither be manipulative and act as victim , and you will not get any troubles for which you may then regret

25 minutes ago, Sukh_preet said:

You were right sista. This person is immense Vella. 

Now come-on another page on this .. lol

😂😂😂

Chamchagiri has no limits.

Why are u continuing when your "teacher" said it will not be replied. Beware you are trespassing the wishes of your "teacher "  😂😂😂, she may get angry.

And about your nonsense of immense Vella, well you are infinite in this aspect.

😅😅😅.

KIRTAN is NOT to be confused with dharmeek geet or devotional songs.(as per sikhi). Some other faiths and sects call their devotional songs "kirtan" but this is NOT kirtan as per sikhi.

Kirtan can only be shabads taken from Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji, writings of Bhai Gurdas jee  and Bhai Nand lal jee.

In the presence of Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji like a gurdwara stage for addressing sangat, only KIRTAN as per above definition can be performed. Not dharmeek geet or devotional songs. However, exception is made to the art of Dhadi vaaran which was encouraged and promoted by Sri Guru Hargobind Singh ji. Dhadi  jathas are allowed to perform and sing vaaran(heroic ballads) in presence of Sri Guru granth sahib ji. 

see SECTION V, article IV of sikh rehat maryada (code of conduct and conventions)

Article VI - Kirtan (Devotional Hymn Singing by a Group or an individual) a. Only a Sikh may perform kirtan in a congregation. b. Kirtan means singing and scriptural compositions in traditional musical measures. c. In the congregation, kirtan only of Gurbani (Guru Granth’s or Guru Gobind Singh’s hymns) and, for its elaboration, of the compositions of Bhai Gurdas and Bhai Nand Lal, may be performed. . It is improper, while singing hymns to rhythmic folk tunes or to traditional musical measures, or in team singing, to induct into them improvised and extraneous refrains. Only a line from the hymn should be a refrain.

SSA Lucky Jee,

nice to see you.

You are 100% right what you have stated above, and nobody denies that what you have expressed is what Kirtan is and has to be in sikhee; but we are not alone in this world, the word kirtan , or kirtana, means ‘telling, narrating, enumerating or describing’ and originates from the Vedic period, where it was first written as anukirtana or anukriti, meaning a ‘re-telling.

We as skhs are not alone in this world, there are many more. For example , prayers, or meditation, are common to all to an extent, we can not say to anybody, listen because you do not perform as per our point of views or our panth,  your prayers, your meditation, your kirtan, is all rubbish. 

The so called kirtan which I posted and which a particular member has created  so much mess about it due to own personal mental rigidity, is nothing but evilness of that member.  

Has anyone paid attention to the wordings in it?

Isn´t the singer asking god for guidance  and singing His praises, and tht too in punjabi language,  which is more related to us to understand?  Or is it because it is in a filmy tune or whatever tune, it is invoking the devil. 

I am not saying, nor did I ever mention, that it is o.k to sing like that at Gurdwaras or at any groupal meetings, and that is the real kirtan.

It is sung by someone who loves Him, and has sung His praises, he has not used Gurabni in filmy tunes, which would be completely wrong, but he is singing out of his soul to the Lord.

We live in this world, and just as we hear so many types of music, so by chance I heard this song, which touched me, because it reminded me of Waheguru , not because of anything, but because His praises were sung, because of that I called it beautiful.

Plus,  does not the vey Bani say: 

ਮੇਰੇ ਹਰਿ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਕੀ ਕੋਈ ਬਾਤ ਸੁਨਾਵੈ ਸੋ ਭਾਈ ਸੋ ਮੇਰਾ ਬੀਰ ॥੨॥

Maerae Har Preetham Kee Koee Baath Sunaavai So Bhaaee So Maeraa Beer ||2||

he whosoever tells me the stories of my Beloved Lord,  is my Sibling of Destiny, and my friend.

So let us ask ourselves, is the guy not singing the praises of Him and calling Him Rab, in our case Waheguru Akal Purukh, of whom we are being reminded of His praises being sung?  

Then why so much hatred? Is he inducing anyone to worship any other deity,  or is he singing the praises of any other god or godess apart from Him? If not, then why to be so mentally rigid and act wickedly?

The problem is some have limited themselves  as being bamawadee among hindus ,  thus we read the Bani as parrots, but we fail to understand what it says, we have become so mecahnical, thus we fail in being humans and use our hearts and minds to absorb the teachings of the Bani.

When I heard the guy singing, I was overwhelmed, I said to myself,  my God  Waheguru, you are so great, you are beyond description,  your praises are infinite and are very dear to my heart.

Keeping only this in mind, I felt like sharing with the sangat here, not knowing that some few people induced by one particular member and the chamcha, would propagate so much of nonsense and hatred, that also, due to personal ego, instead of seeing His praises sung by the singer. Which is all that should matter, as seen in the pangti above of Sree Guru Ram Das Maharaj.

Lucky Jee, you know me since a long time, here and on the other forum, and you know that never ever I can do anything which may go agianst Sikhee, rather I want all the sangat, all the world and the universe, to be blessed with the truth, wealth and beauty of Gurbani, which is beyond any parallel. 

SSA.

15 hours ago, harsharan000 said:

SSA Lucky Jee,

nice to see you.

You are 100% right what you have stated above, and nobody denies that what you have expressed is what Kirtan is and has to be in sikhee; but we are not alone in this world, the word kirtan , or kirtana, means ‘telling, narrating, enumerating or describing’ and originates from the Vedic period, where it was first written as anukirtana or anukriti, meaning a ‘re-telling.

We as skhs are not alone in this world, there are many more. For example , prayers, or meditation, are common to all to an extent, we can not say to anybody, listen because you do not perform as per our point of views or our panth,  your prayers, your meditation, your kirtan, is all rubbish. 

The so called kirtan which I posted and which a particular member has created  so much mess about it due to own personal mental rigidity, is nothing but evilness of that member.  

Has anyone paid attention to the wordings in it?

Isn´t the singer asking god for guidance  and singing His praises, and tht too in punjabi language,  which is more related to us to understand?  Or is it because it is in a filmy tune or whatever tune, it is invoking the devil. 

I am not saying, nor did I ever mention, that it is o.k to sing like that at Gurdwaras or at any groupal meetings, and that is the real kirtan.

It is sung by someone who loves Him, and has sung His praises, he has not used Gurabni in filmy tunes, which would be completely wrong, but he is singing out of his soul to the Lord.

We live in this world, and just as we hear so many types of music, so by chance I heard this song, which touched me, because it reminded me of Waheguru , not because of anything, but because His praises were sung, because of that I called it beautiful.

Sat sri akaal ji. 

I totally get what you are saying. My post was to make it clear for newbies/young that "kirtan" has a different definition in sikhi. This is something I learned a long time ago through experience , when at the time; I assumed it was fine to sing dharmik geet in gurughar. I learned otherwise and pursued to educate myself about what can, and cannot, be done.

No hard feelings, you know I don't get into nitty gritty of disagreements but wanted to state the facts as they stand.

As for devotional songs and dharmeek geet; I'm  a huge fan of old school geet especially tracks that i grew up with like the numbers by Bhujangy group, Yamla jatt, Narinder biba etc. (huge fan of vinyl collections!)

God bless, mai paapi tu bukhshanhaar, sachay patshah

On 7/26/2020 at 3:29 PM, Lucky said:

My post was to make it clear for newbies/young that "kirtan" has a different definition in sikhi. This is something I learned a long time ago through experience , when at the time; I assumed it was fine to sing dharmik geet in gurughar.

I learned otherwise and pursued to educate myself about what can, and cannot, be done.

Brother Lucky Jee,

your statement  above in terms of Oliver Wendell Holmes  could be well defined as  :  " The young man knows the rules, but the old man knows the exceptions."  😜 😜😜  👌👌

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...