Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Soulfinder

Gurdwara aeroplane offerering

Recommended Posts

Daas found this on youtube about sangat offering "toy aeroplanes" to get UK citizenship. 

 

It has left me puzzled and also amazed that is this against gurmat as i would love to hear sangats view on this.

https://curlytales.com/this-aeroplane-gurudwara-may-just-be-your-ticket-to-hollywood/

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is what happens when you introduce Sikhi to low IQ pendu types. They turn it into some sort of dogma, or a primitive 'appeasing the gods' to achieve tangible goals. Real spiritual.......

Some of these people would probably sacrifice children to 'the gods' to get more money if they could get away with it. 

This is no different to Hindu 'idolatry'. 

Embarrassing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

This is what happens when you introduce Sikhi to low IQ pendu types. They turn it into some sort of dogma, or a primitive 'appeasing the gods' to achieve tangible goals. Real spiritual.......

Some of these people would probably sacrifice children to 'the gods' to get more money if they could get away with it. 

This is no different to Hindu 'idolatry'. 

Embarrassing. 

Veer ji you are 100% correct just when you think they couldn't sink any lower now this. Made me lost for words seeing this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji you are 100% correct just when you think they couldn't sink any lower now this. Made me lost for words seeing this.

It wouldn't surprise you if you have been around these types of people.

Whilst none of us are perfect, they are definitely spiritually dead. Sometimes I think many of these people's ancestors converted to Sikhi when the Khalsa was rising, more out of opportunism than any dharmic conviction. Or they saw the original Singhs going from success to success despite horrific odds and thought SIkhi was some magic route to wealth and status. They still seem to have the same mentality. And when they are disappointed, they run from one baba to the next. Or from one behem to the next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree 100% it is wrong mindset , I have been to this Gurudawara in Jalandhar . The thing that shocked me the most was , when I went there the first time 7-8 yrs ago there must have been 20 plus Saroop of Sir Guru Granth Sahib Ji , all doing akand path sahib .

I went there again this April ( still the same ) ….

If you think of it from there perspective , theres nothing there in Punjab for the young and people who want to work. The leaders are corrupt , do get a job , they want bribes . So they turn to this , if some have had visas to go abroad for a better life by donating aeroplanes  & doing ardas at the Gurudawara then a trend is set. The sad thing is the committee should put a stop to this and change their mindset ….

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DSG said:

The sad thing is the committee should put a stop to this and change their mindset ….

They are probably milking it themselves. I'm sure cash donations are given with those aeroplanes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 11:42 PM, dalsingh101 said:

This is what happens when you introduce Sikhi to low IQ pendu types. They turn it into some sort of dogma, or a primitive 'appeasing the gods' to achieve tangible goals. Real spiritual.......

Some of these people would probably sacrifice children to 'the gods' to get more money if they could get away with it. 

This is no different to Hindu 'idolatry'. 

Embarrassing. 

Well, to be frank I feel pity for these people. I think we might need to spread the essence of sikhi to these communities. It is rather sad to see ourselves in such a state. I don't really see it as their fault, rather it is the weakness of our community. The committees or whatever should really look to helping these people, but that's like hoping for a miracle.

I feel, among our people we generally tend envy the success of others, rather than focusing on our own lives. Some pendus are rather ambitious to go to Canada, Britain, etc. but the thing is they ignore the cons of it all. Just because so and so moved to Canada does not mean you yourself should too. It is an obsession among our people. In a way, I don't blame them as much because, as we know, the Indian government isn't really the best. But still, these people need help. They need education, employment and rehabilitation (drugs are a real issue). 

We might call it embarrassing but it is our problem (as a community), as much as it is their's. 

On 10/9/2019 at 10:03 PM, DSG said:

If you think of it from there perspective , theres nothing there in Punjab for the young and people who want to work. The leaders are corrupt , do get a job , they want bribes . So they turn to this , if some have had visas to go abroad for a better life by donating aeroplanes  & doing ardas at the Gurudawara then a trend is set. The sad thing is the committee should put a stop to this and change their mindset ….

Yes, it seems like an act of desperation. It speaks a lot about the sorry state of punjab. Without good leadership there is only corruption. It is disheartening to say the least. The leaders are only in it for the money and fame but leadership is much more than that. It is about ensuring all citizens are protected, have their basic needs met, have opportunities and freedom, etc. That may be too much to expect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...