Panthic response to Government Report on so called Sikh Extremism

You know, maybe some Canadian brothers or sisters can give us some advice on dealing with these types of antiSikh government actions? You lot seem to have more experience than us in this?

^^^^

I don't know what this guy is like in real life, but I got to say, I do admire his articulation when discussing this (to my mind) knotty subject. 

On 11/26/2019 at 7:32 AM, dalsingh101 said:

Just checked out the comments under the video, to see how people took it. Bloody pathetic. All these Hindus and stuff in the comments. It seems it is hard for people to understand that this issue is not simple, it is complex. It has a history behind it. Can't believe there are outsiders that have no idea, talking about how his answer isn't clear enough, "It is either a "Yes" or a "No" when it comes to condemning Mr. Parmar". They have no idea of what they are talking about. Then we have our own people bashing him, isn't really a good look for us. 

Further, I believe within our own community there is conflict regarding this issue. Everyone gets defensive really quick. 

I personally think he did a great job at addressing the questions hurled at him, but it is clear that some people aren't willing to step away from their personal biases and inaccurate assumptions to just hear this guy out. 

12 hours ago, tva prasad said:

Further, I believe within our own community there is conflict regarding this issue. 

That's an understatement and a half. 

It's a really emotive issue. 

On 11/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, tva prasad said:

Yes, you're right.

I struggle to talk about it, and many people were directly affected by events infinitely more than me. 

• 2 weeks later...

The pressure is good in a way; it's not quite so strong as to destroy the community like a nuke, but not so weak as to make us feel welcome & slowly dissolve.

This shouldn't be viewed as a set of traumatic events.
This entire saga is part of the Longer one of Sikhi in the world.

The goal of all this is to control & re-direct Sikhi according to Liberal mores.
Today, it will be about Jarnail Singh et el.

Tomorrow it may well be our view on Shastars, Turks, & even our concept of the Guru himself.

--
These events are important to separate the Sikh community from the neo-liberal ecosystem it has become part of since the end of the 2nd Anglo-Sikh War & arg since the treaty of Amritsar.

Too many Sikhs, esp in the West, identify their Sikhi solely through this lense.

This persecution is an opportunity for cleansing the community of bad elements.

Raaj Karega Khalsa
Aaki Rahe Na Koi