Question about doing Jap of "Thir Ghar Baiso.." Shabad.

Do I have to read "Gaure Mehla 5" and "rahao" that comes in the shabad, every time, or can I skip it? I have been doing this shabad without reading them. But someone in another sikh forum website said, " So once an innocent man was in prison, the saint told him to do sava lakh of Gauree M5 Thir kar baiso har jan pyaare and you will get out of jail...... but he didnt read the Gauri M5, he just started from the shabad. The saint came to visit him in prison said you must read the heading aswell, today that man is alive he got out of jail at the first hearing." 

THanks..

It's the bhaao ( read Love n respect) that matters.its good that u respect the bani and read it with as much proper maryaada as you can.... but if u refer to the story.. It's NOT fair.. 

If even after doing so many paath if a person is not getting what he wishes.. Then

1 He has to trust that he's better in jail. Life would have been worse outside. Waheguruji knows better .... 

2. He has to do it with utmost love n keep faith that Guru is 'Baikasaa da yaar" He would surely listen

As for u.. Haven't u felt any positivity yet doing Japna? 

If yes.. U have your answer. Maintain love in ur japna. Correct whatever you can but don't think that all you have done till yet is a waste

Haven't u heard the saakhi of Guru HarRai Sahib ji where an old lady was singing - Tu Paapi hum Bakshanhaar"  and he was loving it.... Similarly Sri Krishna was happy eating banana peels instead of the fruit at Bidar's house

11 hours ago, kidsama said:

Do I have to read "Gaure Mehla 5" and "rahao" that comes in the shabad, every time, or can I skip it? I have been doing this shabad without reading them. But someone in another sikh forum website said, " So once an innocent man was in prison, the saint told him to do sava lakh of Gauree M5 Thir kar baiso har jan pyaare and you will get out of jail...... but he didnt read the Gauri M5, he just started from the shabad. The saint came to visit him in prison said you must read the heading aswell, today that man is alive he got out of jail at the first hearing." 

THanks..

Veer ji daas knows this shabad off by heart and used to read it alot before i got into bani nitnem but still try to sometimes when Guru Sahib does kirpa. 

Yes it is very important to read the Gauree m5 part and rahao as thats the way it has been written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

The story you have mentioned is i think Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawales life that happened. So its true as daas heard this as well.

1 hour ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji daas knows this shabad off by heart and used to read it alot before i got into bani nitnem but still try to sometimes when Guru Sahib does kirpa. 

Yes it is very important to read the Gauree m5 part and rahao as thats the way it has been written by Guru Arjan Dev Ji in Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Maharaj.

The story you have mentioned is i think Sant Gurbachan Singh Ji Khalsa Bhindrawales life that happened. So its true as daas heard this as well.

thanks. This morning I did jap with reading the title and it made a difference. I was more focused after every recitation. Everytime I read the title it pulled my focus back. I will start saying rahao as well. 

1 hour ago, Still nascent said:

As for u.. Haven't u felt any positivity yet doing Japna? 

If yes.. U have your answer. Maintain love in ur japna. Correct whatever you can but don't think that all you have done till yet is a waste

Haven't u heard the saakhi of Guru HarRai Sahib ji where an old lady was singing - Tu Paapi hum Bakshanhaar"  and he was loving it.... Similarly Sri Krishna was happy eating banana peels instead of the fruit at Bidar's house

most definitely. This shabad saved me 3 times. But now I am doing jap of this shabad I will add the title and rahaoo as it only takes a sec extra. thanks. 

55 minutes ago, kidsama said:

thanks. This morning I did jap with reading the title and it made a difference. I was more focused after every recitation. Everytime I read the title it pulled my focus back. I will start saying rahao as well. 

Glad to help veer ji. This shabad is really powerful as all of gurbani is. Dass remembers hearing in katha how one singh did 4 crore jaap and got a lot of shakti ridhi sidhis with this shabad  jaap.

Daas can post the katha tracks of this shabad by different Taksali katha vachaks if you would like.

wow thank you for noting the time down. I love Giani Thakur Singh, he's so direct and funny, and very practical. I heard that katha just 2 days ago. I will watch the other ones. 

I first heard heard this shabad when I was little in India. We had a sant at our house, I don't remember who, but I think after that we started doing this shabad every now and then. I feel off sikhi slowly and gradually after I moved to america, I was 10 then. I cut my hair at around 14 age. Now I am 20, about to be 21. Over the past couple years with god's grace I had kirpa, and I feel like the path I did when I was little "came through" lol, and got me through some tough time and very organically pulled me back towards my guru. I feel blessed. Keeping my kesh now obviously and just reading more and more bani and doing this jap. 

17 hours ago, kidsama said:

wow thank you for noting the time down. I love Giani Thakur Singh, he's so direct and funny, and very practical. I heard that katha just 2 days ago. I will watch the other ones. 

I first heard heard this shabad when I was little in India. We had a sant at our house, I don't remember who, but I think after that we started doing this shabad every now and then. I feel off sikhi slowly and gradually after I moved to america, I was 10 then. I cut my hair at around 14 age. Now I am 20, about to be 21. Over the past couple years with god's grace I had kirpa, and I feel like the path I did when I was little "came through" lol, and got me through some tough time and very organically pulled me back towards my guru. I feel blessed. Keeping my kesh now obviously and just reading more and more bani and doing this jap. 

Daas is glad to help. The timing i wrote was because thats where in the track the katha of the mentioned shabad is done.

Gyani thakur singh does very good katha as i learned many things from his katha and about bani, nitnem etc.

Thats really good veer ji that you are keeping kesh and doing jaap of this shabad you are in the right direction.

You are the almost the same age as i was when i started this shabad. So you are in right paath with what you have mentioned.

So you are based in USA i would love to go there one day as i have only been to Canada as i live in England London lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2019 at 2:37 AM, kidsama said:

THanks..

I was in a really messed up place when a family member passed this shabad to me and I did paat of it everyday. 

I survived, and a lot of wild stuff was happening around me.

It's really powerful. 

Can anyone give me the ang of Maharaj where this is?

10 minutes ago, dalsingh101 said:

I was in a really messed up place when a family member passed this shabad to me and I did paat of it everyday. 

I survived, and a lot of wild stuff was happening around me.

It's really powerful. 

Can anyone give me the ang of Maharaj where this is?

Veer ji the shabad is on Ang 201.

Thats really good veer ji that this shabad saved you from what you have mentioned it must have been quite serious the situation you have mentioned.

19 hours ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji the shabad is on Ang 201.

Thats really good veer ji that this shabad saved you from what you have mentioned it must have been quite serious the situation you have mentioned.

Thanks for that veera.

As you get older you get to realise more and more just how powerful bani is. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 9:25 AM, Soulfinder said:

Glad to share veer ji. 

You are 100% right veer ji as i feel the same as well especially since i hit my mid late 20s is when i increased my paaths banis with guru sahib jis kirpa.

Dass Ji. I wanted to ask you a question. When I was in India at around 9 or 10 years of age, I took amrit. I broke it couple of years later slowly after coming to USA, took my kirpan off, stopped wearing kachera, and at 14 cut my hair. 

Should I be preparing myself to take amrit again? are there consequences of breaking amrit? please give me your insight. 

16 hours ago, kidsama said:

Dass Ji. I wanted to ask you a question. When I was in India at around 9 or 10 years of age, I took amrit. I broke it couple of years later slowly after coming to USA, took my kirpan off, stopped wearing kachera, and at 14 cut my hair. 

Should I be preparing myself to take amrit again? are there consequences of breaking amrit? please give me your insight. 

The age you have mentioned was quite young that you took amrit and maybe it was peer pressure you had at the time that made you break amrit at the time but whats done is done and its history now.

Hopefully now you should be building rehat like doing panj banis nitnem,trying to wake up at amritvela at later stages etc and do ardas if you want for breaking amrit as you was quite young at the time when it happened.

You can when you feel ready to go infront of panj pyare for pesh and take amrit again and follow what the panj pyare will say but do this only when you feel up to it or ready.

Daas has not taken amrit yet but i hoping to take it one day when that is i am not sure at the moment. But luckly Guru Sahib Ji has done kirpa on daas with doing nitnem banis and other paaths as it was a long task to learn them at the time a few years ago.

Try to avoid thinking about consequences as it will just create a lot of negative waves around you so just try to think positive now by doing as much paath simran jaap as you can.

I have known a few people who have taken amrit and broken it but that sort of stuff is not something i am gonna say on here unless you want to send me a private message on here.

• 3 years later...
Guest About sweet taste in mouth

Waheguru ji

Can someone explain this thing to me that how the sweet taste comes in mouth while reading gurbani. I don't have anyone near me who can answer this question.