An Idea for Change

tva prasad

I watched a video posted by dalsingh regarding sexual grooming. I never realised how big of an issue it truly was sure I'd heard about it but that video really touched me. I realised it is time to speak up. We cannot sit here all hush whilst our women are being groomed! 

I want to create an app which will help abused sikh girls to share their stories. I believe it will help them connect with each other, empathise and realise they are not alone. Support is lacking within our community. This app will give these girls a chance to tell their story without shame as they can do so anonymously. I chose the format of an app as it will be easy to access for all and they won't have to disclose their identities, if they don't want to. 

The only problem, however, is I do not know how to make an app. It would be great if someone could help me. If you know anything about creating apps let me know. Something is better than nothing and we absolutely NEED to do something! 

36 minutes ago, tva prasad said:

I watched a video posted by dalsingh regarding sexual grooming. I never realised how big of an issue it truly was sure I'd heard about it but that video really touched me. I realised it is time to speak up. We cannot sit here all hush whilst our women are being groomed! 

I want to create an app which will help abused sikh girls to share their stories. I believe it will help them connect with each other, empathise and realise they are not alone. Support is lacking within our community. This app will give these girls a chance to tell their story without shame as they can do so anonymously. I chose the format of an app as it will be easy to access for all and they won't have to disclose their identities, if they don't want to. 

The only problem, however, is I do not know how to make an app. It would be great if someone could help me. If you know anything about creating apps let me know. Something is better than nothing and we absolutely NEED to do something! 

Veer ji thats a really good idea you have written and planned out. 

As this is a really serious problem and the effects will cause a lot of the victims to recall what happened is gonna be a daunting task for everyone involved with the app production.

Where do you plan to release the app on android, apple or windows market ?

As they have different methods coding when writting apps.

Hopefully an IT professional with programming software apps can help a lot as daas remembers reading @jaikaaraveer ji works in the IT industry.

3 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji thats a really good idea you have written and planned out. 

As this is a really serious problem and the effects will cause a lot of the victims to recall what happened is gonna be a daunting task for everyone involved with the app production.

Where do you plan to release the app on android, apple or windows market ?

As they have different methods coding when writting apps.

Hopefully an IT professional with programming software apps can help a lot as daas remembers reading @jaikaaraveer ji works in the IT industry.

Well, i was thinking android or apple. I'm not really experienced in this department. Would making a website or a facebook page be easier, you reckon. I'm still trying to refine my ideas. Any suggestions are welcomed. 

4 minutes ago, tva prasad said:

Well, i was thinking android or apple. I'm not really experienced in this department. Would making a website or a facebook page be easier, you reckon. I'm still trying to refine my ideas. Any suggestions are welcomed. 

True veer ji it would be a lot easier to make a facebook plus youtube page as our Late Brother Bhai Jugraj Singh Ji made for Basics Of Sikhi. 

You can try all the social media sites even a group on facebook,whatsapp etc.

Android is a slightly better app market for me as i only use android phone and tablet. Plus there a lot more choices on there.

You could add either written articles or distored face videos coming from the victims experinces tales etc.