Suggestion: Sikhi versus 'Sikhism'

dalsingh101

1 hour ago, mahanpaapi said:

🙏   In my view, it is not a little thing rather a fundamental one because all "isms" (both left, right and in between) are essential mind created ideologies therefore under Kaal. However, the Sikhi is Divine not intellectual, above and beyond mind.  Even historically,  all Sri Guru Maharaj Jis and their Brahmgianis exhorted all to earn Sikhi (Sikhi Kamao).

I've had arguments in the past with apnay that were trying to push the point that this is not a big issue but just a linguistic one of no import. I strongly disagree with that. I think some people don't have the buddhi to grasp the significance of colonialism and the outright manipulation of the dharma that took place that led to the creation of "SIkhism" and how this continues to affect us negatively even till this day. 

@sarabatam

Take your time Ne0, but work through the subforums too if you can:

1452540127_sascreenshot.thumb.jpg.0dee6e1c206b94c452b05eff860b8920.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2020 at 4:53 AM, dalsingh101 said:

@sarabatam

Take your time Ne0, but work through the subforums too if you can:

1452540127_sascreenshot.thumb.jpg.0dee6e1c206b94c452b05eff860b8920.jpg

Waheguru

Also, right next to Sikhism it says "BAPTISM" that also needs to change.

Do you think Taksal or other Sampradi should have already written and done research on this topic, on how to best translate Gurmat Terminology into English.

They should have compiled a list of the most common words in Gurmat and there equivalent in English, so there will be no distortion.  Why, do you think they have not done this already?

• 1 month later...
On 1/2/2020 at 1:50 AM, dalsingh101 said:

This will be a small thing to some people, but a big thing to others. 

I was just thinking that maybe we should change the forum headings which say 'Sikhism' to 'Sikhi'. I think turning Sikhi into one of those 'ism' things is dodgy. Plus I consider 'Sikhism' to be the modern incarnation of the anglo-victorian influenced Singh Sabha creation, and most of us here seem to come from sampadaya backgrounds. 

Just a suggestion, maybe other forum users can share their views on this. 

Stupidest idea i have heard from this negro lund lover. What a dumbshit. Why dont you stick fantasizing about ripped muscular black men as you yourself described it.The only samprada you come from is the gay negro lund lovers club. 

On 2/7/2020 at 1:13 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Waheguru

Also, right next to Sikhism it says "BAPTISM" that also needs to change.

Do you think Taksal or other Sampradi should have already written and done research on this topic, on how to best translate Gurmat Terminology into English.

They should have compiled a list of the most common words in Gurmat and there equivalent in English, so there will be no distortion.  Why, do you think they have not done this already?

Maybe replace Baptism with Initiation.

OR perhaps just combine Amrit / Baptism into Pahul - Amrit on it's own does not really make it clear if it's physical Amrit or spiritual Amrit.