4 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Jatana is quite a famous village.

What is it famous for? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Poohla Nihang Murder Case: Three acquitted for lack of evidence

668467369_poohlacase.png.0c06f81f74ed20fddde00cd627cf185f.png

AMRITSAR, PUNJAB (KP) – The Amritsar District and Session Judge has acquitted Harchand Singh and Navtej Singh ‘Guggu’ of the criminal charges related the murder case of notorious Police cat turned Ajit Phoola Nihang.

Session Judge Gurbir Singh announced the acquittal within minutes after both Harchand Singh Marri-Kamboke, and Navtej Singh ‘Guggu’ of Batala made their appearance in the District courthouse.

Poohla, who was facing trial for rape, murder and other heinous crimes, was set ablaze allegedly by Navtej and Harchand in the high-security Amritsar Central Jail on August 28, 2008.

Reportedly, the duo obtained the fuel from a nearby generator that was connected to the prison Gurdwara. Around noon time on August 28th, the pair decided to approach Poohla Nihang in ward no. 9 and initiated a quarrel, resulting in the neo-Nihang being set on fire.

Poohla was immediately taken to the local Civil Hospital but then later transferred over to PGI Chandigarh, due to the seriousness of his burns. He was declared dead the next day.

The attacker were later identified as Navtej Singh of Batala and Harchand Singh of Marri-Kamboki, Amritsar. Six individuals were originally charged in the conspiracy, three of them had been exonerated earlier by the trial court.

Poohla: Ruthless Butcher in Garb of a Nihang

Ajit Poohla, who headed his own faction of Tarna Dal, and a high level undercover police officer, operated his cadre of black cats during the turbulent 1980s and 1990s, and was responsible for numerous heinous crimes against humanity including murder, rape, and torture under state patronage.

For the past two decades, Poohla was also involved in drug trafficking and illegal occupation of public and private lands. He had illegally seized several Gurdwaras in Punjab and used them as centers of criminal activity.

In 2005, he was ousted from the Gurdwaras and eventually jailed due to the efforts of Col. HS Sandhu, of the Majha Human Rights Front.

When the freedom movement was at its peak in the state, Poohla enjoyed a high security cover of 42 official gunmen armed with 77 sophisticated weapons. He was known to flaunt snapshots of him in the company of senior political party leaders, including a former chief minister, and senior IAS and IPS officers.

https://singhstation.net/2014/05/poohla-nihang-murder-case-three-acquitted-for-lack-of-evidence/

HARCHAND SINGH (ACCUSED OF MURDERING NOTORIOUS GANGSTER & KILLER OF SIKHS – POOHLA NIHANG): SIKH RELIEF WORK ON HIS PAROLE RELEASE AND FULFIL HIS CHILDRENS EDUCATION FEES WHILE HE REMAINS IN JAIL

ACCUSEDOF.jpg

Ajit Poohla, disguised as a Nihang, was responsible for committing heinous crimes and severe human rights abuses in the 80’s and 90’s. He was thought to be part of the ‘black-cats’ of the Punjab police, who were an undisciplined force specially prepared to unlawfully ‘tackle’ the Sikh militant movement. Poohla and his gang have been accused of numerous rapes and sexual offences, they were responsible for the deaths of many young Sikh men and they wreaked havoc among the families of their victims – all in connivance with the Panjab Police. Ajit Poohla’s death was regarded by the larger Sikh community as a just punishment for a high level human rights abuser who enjoyed the impunity granted to him by state patronage.

In 2008, Ajit Poohla was burnt to death in Amritsar’s Central jail, where he was serving a sentence in a criminal case. The police named 6 people as the accused in this case, including Harchand Singh from the village of Mari Kamboke. In May 2014, an Amritsar court fully acquitted Harchand Singh, but he is currently still serving out a life sentence in connection with another case.

Jasvinder Singh from Sikh Relief, visited Harchand Singh’s elderly parents, wife and two young children, whose education fees for the coming academic year 2016-17 have been paid in full once again by Sikh Relief with the help of the Sangat. Monthly payments of family support is also given by Sikh Relief regularly into their bank account.

https://www.sikhrelief.org/projects/uncategorized/harchand-singh-accused-of-murdering-notorious-gangster-killer-of-sikhs-poohla-nihang-sikh-relief-work-on-his-parole-release-and-fulfil-his-childrens-education-fees-while-he-remains-in-jail/

• 2 months later...
On 1/29/2020 at 4:24 PM, dalsingh101 said:

This is my ancestral pind. I've not been there since I was a child and my parents separation (and potential land disputes) means that I'm pretty much exiled from it. This is obviously an interesting video for me. I know my family on that side had a close affiliation with Rara Sahib in terms of spiritual influences. Note how the village heads seem to be largely ex-military, and also the continuation of old folk religious practices with that shrine. The farmers in the video seem to have prospered from the sale of milk (and milk derived products like paneer) to the surrounding areas. Ludhiana is close by and would (I imagine) provide a large market for their products. 

I thought I'd share this. Do people think they scrubbed up the place before the cameras came in? 

Your Nanka pind is Rampur (read that here or somewhere on SS)

That pind is also the same one of Sant Partap Singh ji who ascended last year and was the head of Karamsar Ilford

You are blessed !

https://www.ilfordrecorder.co.uk/news/obituaries/ilford-gurdwara-pays-tribute-to-leader-baba-ji-7305488

• 9 months later...

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/amritsar/militant-who-killed-engineers-halting-work-on-syl-canal-now-has-a-portrait-at-sikh-museum-8211158/

Militant who killed engineers halting work on SYL canal now has a portrait at Sikh Museum

Written by Kamaldeep Singh Brar 
Follow

Amritsar | October 16, 2022 3:02:29 am

The Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee Saturday installed a portrait of Sikh militant Balwinder Singh Jatana at the Central Sikh Museum situated in the Golden Temple complex.

Militants led by Jatana had killed two government officials supervising the construction of the Sutlej-Yamuna link canal in 1990, following which the work on it was stopped by the Punjab government. Since then, the SYL canal has remained a bone of contention between Punjab and Haryana with latter demanding that it be constructed so that it gets its fair share of water and the former refusing to do so saying it has not an extra drop to share.

6793BBB6-7AF4-41C4-A191-3641464D65B0.jpeg