Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
dalsingh101

Aahwal-Ul-Khavaakeen By Mohamad Kaseem Aurangabadi - Little known Persian source of Sikh history

Recommended Posts

This appears to be a Panjabi translation of a little known contemporary Persian source of Sikh ithihaas. Put out by Balwant SIngh Dhillon, who also released an edition of Bhangu's Panth Prakash a few years ago. Great work by thesikhbookclub.com in putting it out for us. Haven't read it yet, but it appears to be shortish (66 pages):

http://www.sikhbookclub.com/Book/Ahwal-ul-Khawaqin-by-Aaurangabadi 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I've seen that book. It's on my list to buy next time I go Panjab, but thanks for the share. Didn't know sikhbookclub had it.

That website is a great treasure trove for reading. More should be done to promote it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chatanga1 said:

Yeah, I've seen that book. It's on my list to buy next time I go Panjab, but thanks for the share. Didn't know sikhbookclub had it.

That website is a great treasure trove for reading. More should be done to promote it.

You know what Chatanga. I'm seriously beginning to believe that only a small percentage of apnay are really, genuinely interested in this stuff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I have known that for some time. What's a little weird about it, is that there isn't really a dearth of literauture concerning the Panth, but still people are very reluctant to sit donw and read what there is available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Yes I have known that for some time. What's a little weird about it, is that there isn't really a dearth of literauture concerning the Panth, but still people are very reluctant to sit donw and read what there is available.

They'd rather watch some caste aggrandising Panjabi movie instead the intellectually lazy buggers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, dalsingh101 said:

They'd rather watch some caste aggrandising Panjabi movie instead the intellectually lazy buggers!

You are 100% correct veer ji its no wonder nobody anything about our itihaas,bani,literature etc is main reason our dharam is in the mess it is in now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...