Halalonomics

kdsingh80

This guy is Ravi Ranjan . He is Hindutva leaning sikh . But he is doing one of the most needed service and that is promoting Jhatka. He created an authority that certify Jhatka. Unfortunately Sikh community can't even come up a single authority which certify Jhatka while 100 s of authorities certify halal. 

In this video he comes up with theory that how British muslims took over meat industry of UK. A question to British Sikh's is how much truth he is speaking about UK?

Request to veggies please don't ruin this thread by bringing veg vs non veg debate

On 5/15/2020 at 11:52 PM, Soulfinder said:

Here is the screenshots of what i mentioned

Screenshot_20200515-235305_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200515-235255_Chrome.jpg

this trial was stopped years ago. the Southall McDonald's hasn't been halal for a long time.

I have always been curious of what helped them to come to the decision. Were they losing lots of sikh customers for example?

On 5/15/2020 at 9:47 PM, kdsingh80 said:

This guy is Ravi Ranjan . He is Hindutva leaning sikh . But he is doing one of the most needed service and that is promoting Jhatka. He created an authority that certify Jhatka. Unfortunately Sikh community can't even come up a single authority which certify Jhatka while 100 s of authorities certify halal. 

In this video he comes up with theory that how British muslims took over meat industry of UK. A question to British Sikh's is how much truth he is speaking about UK?

Request to veggies please don't ruin this thread by bringing veg vs non veg debate

On 5/15/2020 at 11:46 PM, Soulfinder said:

Thanks for sharkng veer ji. Its not nice as everywhere its Halal this Halal that especially with Subway as i live in East London and close to Green Street where all you see is Halal on every shop there.

I also remember seeing in Southall a few years ago Halal Mcdonalds and that left me shocked especially as it has a large Sikh Community.

Ok, so an incident happened last week in the Brunel University  2019 Sikh Society Whatsapp group.

Some Singhs posted this petition against halal in schools https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-stop-halal-meat-in-school-children-shouldnt-eat-slaughter-religious-meat-in-schools?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_medium=whatsapp&utm_content=washarecopy_19889602_en-GB%3Av3&recruited_by_id=ba2a1040-95cb-11ea-a83e-17d9f83f095a

Both Singhs got kicked out of the group. I started a discussion about this being a bujjar kurahit. Everyone from monay to some group admins started on me. One group admin Singh said this years' sikh society is for oneness and that uni is multicultural, and we shouldn't discuss these things. One admin even went as far as saying 'Meat is Meat' whether halal or not.  Anyway after some discussion I was disappointed, there were a few people that also agreed with me. But I can't believe these uni students were behaving as cucks. Some people were saying we were belittling another religion because of this petition?!

Such is the state of uni sikh societies, it seems they will not support other sikhs who don't want to eat halal.

On 5/18/2020 at 11:24 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Ok, so an incident happened last week in the Brunel University  2019 Sikh Society Whatsapp group.

Some Singhs posted this petition against halal in schools https://www.change.org/p/boris-johnson-stop-halal-meat-in-school-children-shouldnt-eat-slaughter-religious-meat-in-schools?recruiter=false&utm_source=share_petition&utm_campaign=psf_combo_share_initial&utm_medium=whatsapp&utm_content=washarecopy_19889602_en-GB%3Av3&recruited_by_id=ba2a1040-95cb-11ea-a83e-17d9f83f095a

Both Singhs got kicked out of the group. I started a discussion about this being a bujjar kurahit. Everyone from monay to some group admins started on me. One group admin Singh said this years' sikh society is for oneness and that uni is multicultural, and we shouldn't discuss these things. One admin even went as far as saying 'Meat is Meat' whether halal or not.  Anyway after some discussion I was disappointed, there were a few people that also agreed with me. But I can't believe these uni students were behaving as cucks. Some people were saying we were belittling another religion because of this petition?!

Such is the state of uni sikh societies, it seems they will not support other sikhs who don't want to eat halal.

Not proper Sikh society then! 

On 5/18/2020 at 11:24 AM, ipledgeblue said:

I started a discussion about this being a bujjar kurahit.

Well done for standing up. It's a shame that sikh student groups like BOSS even, prefer to support vegetarianism rather than take a stand against halal.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/15/2020 at 1:47 PM, kdsingh80 said:

He created an authority that certify Jhatka. Unfortunately Sikh community can't even come up a single authority which certify Jhatka

Waheguru

This is something Nihang Singhs should have done. They could have been in the forefront of leading this and expanding their outreach.  

On 6/5/2020 at 6:26 PM, Sajjan_Thug said:

Waheguru

This is something Nihang Singhs should have done. They could have been in the forefront of leading this and expanding their outreach.  

But when I read about the views of some Nihang Singh online articles, they mention that jhatka is only for Singhs or warriors, and should regular people should just be vegeterian.

But I am unsure if this is the view of all Nihang Singhs. As when we look at the times of the first 5 Gurus, jhatka and hunting didn't seem to be limited to just warriors only!

On 5/18/2020 at 9:05 AM, ipledgeblue said:

this trial was stopped years ago. the Southall McDonald's hasn't been halal for a long time.

I have always been curious of what helped them to come to the decision. Were they losing lots of sikh customers for example?

You could be right veer ji as Sikh customers could have made complaints. Also i did hear from someone working there of how they used to just play the prayer tape when making the meat for food aka halal which could have been another reason is got stopped the halal version of mcdonalds.