Shocking!! Sikhs being converted

Sajjan_Thug

Whats shocking is how gullible and desperate people are converted to other religions, whilst not really improving their lives in any way.

Some 150 years ago, in a united Panjab, many lowcastes became christians in the hope that their position in society would be elevated but they are still where they were before conversion.

If these preachers could heal non-functioning kidneys, do you think that there would be any need for 6 years of study, an immense financial outlay, and then working day-to-day to pay that off?

On 5/24/2020 at 3:12 AM, Sajjan_Thug said:

some crazy demonic santa clauses in there LOL.

I know we have Guru Granth Sahib, but I think we need some kind of book to counteract the missionaries, or maybe we have any?

Like maybe a concise book of the Guru jis' stories and sikh shaheedis for those  people into biblical stories?!?

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

some crazy demonic santa clauses in there LOL.

I know we have Guru Granth Sahib, but I think we need some kind of book to counteract the missionaries, or maybe we have any?

Like maybe a concise book of the Guru jis' stories and sikh shaheedis for those  people into biblical stories?!?

Veer ji our purtan itihasic granths such as Suraj Parkash, Guru Nanak Parkash, Panth Parkash etc have all the saakhis which can be used to fight these Anti Sikh converting groups. 

Also we need a good English speaker with knowledge of Gurbani and Itihas saakhis to tackle these issues.

55 minutes ago, Soulfinder said:

Veer ji our purtan itihasic granths such as Suraj Parkash, Guru Nanak Parkash, Panth Parkash etc have all the saakhis which can be used to fight these Anti Sikh converting groups. 

The problem in villages throughout Panjab, is the gurdwaras are dead. People go to gurdwara sproadically throughout the day, as some kind of good luck charm. There are rarely diwans held, and even then people still find excuses not to attend. Having too many gurdwaras in one village doesn't help either.

People from villages would rather go to Darbar Sahib/Anandpur Sahib once every few months than go daily to the Gurdwara in their village.

On 5/25/2020 at 10:36 PM, Soulfinder said:

Yes, so what I was thinking to have the sakhis in a more Gospel like form to make it more accessible.

Or since you mentioned the itihasic Granths, perhaps even if we had smalled books just containing chapters of Suraj Parkash for example. I know christian missionaries in the uk used to give out door-to-door gospels of Luke, and even in Gurmukhi. I don't think they really do this anymore. However I would not recommend this door-to-door approach in the uk.

On 5/25/2020 at 11:35 PM, chatanga1 said:

The problem in villages throughout Panjab, is the gurdwaras are dead. People go to gurdwara sproadically throughout the day, as some kind of good luck charm. There are rarely diwans held, and even then people still find excuses not to attend. Having too many gurdwaras in one village doesn't help either.

People from villages would rather go to Darbar Sahib/Anandpur Sahib once every few months than go daily to the Gurdwara in their village.

In the pends we require some kind of incentive to go Gurdwara.

First we need parchariks and different types of classes to be associated in the pends to the gurdwaras.

Then there should be regular langar there where different kinds of sangat comes there, including the poor of the pend. There should be some kind of parchar or keertan hapening when langars run.

Some pends have more than enough resources to do all these activities, yet the gurdwaras are still ignored.

It's the poorer pends that require support.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Then there should be regular langar there where different kinds of sangat comes there, including the poor of the pend.

In my village all the choorhe have become christians. There are 4 churches in my village. Whenever there is a program that involves langar at the Gurdwara, the choorhe stand outside at a distance from the gurdwara. When the diwan is completed and sangat come to the langar-khana the choorhe join them to eat. They absolutely do not come to sangat. Saw it with my own eyes.

19 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

In my village all the choorhe have become christians. There are 4 churches in my village. Whenever there is a program that involves langar at the Gurdwara, the choorhe stand outside at a distance from the gurdwara. When the diwan is completed and sangat come to the langar-khana the choorhe join them to eat. They absolutely do not come to sangat. Saw it with my own eyes.

Well what I am thinking is that there will probably be some kind of speaker system in most pends outside the gurdwara, During the langar, there should be some kind of prachar happening that can be heard in the location where langar is happening, and also those partaking in the langar need to be encouraged to do the sewa as well. The more people are involved the more likely they will want to join...

2 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

Well what I am thinking is that there will probably be some kind of speaker system in most pends outside the gurdwara, During the langar, there should be some kind of prachar happening that can be heard in the location where langar is happening, and also those partaking in the langar need to be encouraged to do the sewa as well. The more people are involved the more likely they will want to join...

That can be done but once the diwan is over no-one is going to use the speaker system to do parchaar. What would be more feasible is if there was an audio system in the langar-khana which could be used to do parchaar to sangat in langar. But I haven't seen any Gurdwara in the west do this, nevermind Gurdwaras in Panjab. Here in the west, the langar-khana is used as a social meeting place which is why it's not used.

17 hours ago, Premi said:

I have seen audio in Langar hall in UK

in India pends, langar would probably be done sitting outside, or perhaps tents can be set up.

The audio would be much louder than in the uk langar halls, as it would be for open air.

7 hours ago, ipledgeblue said:

in India pends, langar would probably be done sitting outside, or perhaps tents can be set up.

The audio would be much louder than in the uk langar halls, as it would be for open air.

Village gurdwaras don't have tents. Many of them will have indoor langar-khanas but I have not seen any that have some audio system there.

On 6/4/2020 at 7:10 PM, Premi said:

I have seen audio in Langar hall in UK

The gurdwaras in UK have an audio system that whatever is being played from the darbar is relayed in the langar-khana. I'm talking about a specific system for langar-khanas that can be used regardless of whats happening in the darbar. In the UK though, no-one is listening to the darbar in the langar-khana. They are too busy talking to each other.

On 5/27/2020 at 9:48 AM, ipledgeblue said:

Yes, so what I was thinking to have the sakhis in a more Gospel like form to make it more accessible.

Or since you mentioned the itihasic Granths, perhaps even if we had smalled books just containing chapters of Suraj Parkash for example. I know christian missionaries in the uk used to give out door-to-door gospels of Luke, and even in Gurmukhi. I don't think they really do this anymore. However I would not recommend this door-to-door approach in the uk.

Thats a really good idea veer ji as it is hard to get access to the saakhis from suraj parkash as its written in brij language which is not easy to understand when read as i have had experience with brij when i read chandi chirtars 1&2 as they are really hard to pronounce and say.

Door to door of anything is not safe especially being a salesman which is the worst job lol.