Exactly is what is happening with me too. Thanks sat ji for this, you have given it words. I am drowning and I know I am but don't know how to save myself.

Looking for sangat we created a group of a few like minded Gurmukhs, but then each has a different teacher one among you mentioned and a few more. Who's that ONE teacher to follow is my quest. 
I got to Amrit ras - sehaj subhaay and then thought it was a disease for lack of knowledge. Started following other Mat's philosphers. Something similar happened to mooorakh bhn,     she got close to dhund before seeing Parmatma and thought it's her eye sight. 
Now One Teacher fights 5 chanting loudest with Gurmantra . Other says pyaar naal 'pani khicho'. Third calls Wa he Guru in 3 syllables and each claims they have seen waheguru with their jugti. I am stuck of course looking for the one right for me. Only Gurmail singh ji mentioned about dhund but he also mentioned about colors which Dharamjeet singh ji said is nowhere in SGGS as one other lady in the group follows him and discussed it with him. He said this shouldn't be followed.  Simranjeet singh ji is too busy and has too many followers. 

That's why this isn't an easy path.. 

On 7/28/2020 at 11:07 AM, Lucky said:

Keep it simple, have faith and be prepared to give your matt at all times. Jumping around with a monkey mind, going from x,y, z will only weaken your hold over the mann.

On 7/28/2020 at 9:51 PM, Sat1176 said:

probably know enough already to walk quite far down this journey. Now work on the practical building not the theoretical understanding unless you need your battery charging. I should also practice what I preach HaHa. 

You shouldn't really have too many questions for Gurmukhs unless your having simran problems or experiences that you want to share or discuss with them. Honestly they get fed up with people calling them all the time. Don't become one of those. Keep it once every few weeks or months. Then they love to hear from you, and see how your getting on. Just shows them you not one of those who came and then disappeared never to reach out to them again.

Don't become one of those who calls after every sneeze or tyre puncture to ask why it happened to you? Please do ardas for me etc etc..  When they do a natural bachan of their own choosing for you, then that is the most powerful blessing you will ever need.

I was recently telling my teacher that I'm struggling to do simran for more than 15 mins before I drift into Sunn and I am going in and out in one sitting. I was concerned that I should be forcing myself to stay awake because I kept on hearing mix signals from everyone what I should do, even once from him. He said absolutely not. Don't force yourself because you wont be able to. Let sunn/sehaj come. Get to the stage when you are able to say Waheguru once and you have gone into Sunn. Leave the rest to Waheguru to work His magic. If you can fall into sunn / sehaj listening to sehaj dhun/anhad sounds then even better, but if not keep working on the gurmantar and let the mind drift into sunn when it wants. 🙏 This has been bothering me for months and years now I think and I keep going round in circles

So what do you both suggest, shall I keep on walking my path without any particular teacher among these. Keep on picking tits and tats from here and there with SGGS as my everything as sukhpreet says. 

6 hours ago, Still nascent said:

So what do you both suggest, shall I keep on walking my path without any particular teacher among these. Keep on picking tits and tats from here and there with SGGS as my everything as sukhpreet says. 

Do you feel drawn to one particular persons teaching you have heard who you feel will show me the path? If you do , then take instructions from them and then just do the practical. Try not to look at every teachers  preaching. This is very hard to do. I’m still fighting the urge myself to not listen to others, because I can spend hours listening  but not doing.  Give one teacher an opportunity to guide you for a while and see how you get on. Don’t just collect gyan from all because when simran starts gyan needs to be forgotten and if you have too much teaching in your head it just makes going inwards more difficult. Listen to enough to keep yourself motivated on the path. I didn’t appreciate these wise words when I heard them first years ago. I wanted more and more....

i believe you have spoken to a few now, start homing in on one  to guide and help you.

All I’m saying is don’t get trapped in all the gyan gathering. When you look back you may realise you wasted more time collecting that than doing the practical.

Rest who am I to tell you what is right or wrong for you. When I look at myself this is the mistake I’m beginning to see. It’s like quick sand that is very difficult to escape. Keep a control now on yourself if you can. I am not in the least bit trying to discourage you, just trying to warn you because I see myself in your posts. All the Gurmukhs are satkarjog, choose wisely friend.

8 hours ago, ragnarok said:

thats nonsense

Can’t say I have ever heard that. They do say don’t just treat it as geet for it contains Brahmgyan. But we won’t appreciate the depths of the words until someone with higher insights explains the subtle hints contained within the words. Most just read and sing over them. 

22 hours ago, ragnarok said:

thats nonsense

sorry I didn't have time to expand on this when I wrote it.

Kirtan is Gurbani. Even if it's Dharna kirtan a la Rara Sahib, the message is that you should jap naam. If someone has that opinion I would get as far as possible.

One of the most confusing things about finding a murshid is that so many of the techniques of Gurmat overlap with techniques used for bad intent. People can dress themselves up like a Gursikh, and pretend like they are the real deal but underneath they can be, basically, spiritual thieves stealing your kamai. They will dress up their message with lots of truth but stick in a little grain of falsehood that enable them to harm you. Even if some of them are legit to begin with they can fall into the trap of maya on the way and get attracted to Sidhi etc.

My take is that if I were to look for a murshid I'd go to places where there is a long lineage, such as Bhai Daya Singh Samparda, for example

6 hours ago, ragnarok said:

Kirtan is Gurbani. Even if it's Dharna kirtan a la Rara Sahib, the message is that you should jap naam. If someone has that opinion I would get as far as possible.

Veer ji the reason why mahapursh like rara sahib,nanaksar did dharna kirtan was because in malwa area of punjab our brothers and sisters were into punjabi songs boliyan and what mahapursh did was made kirtan understand to the common pind folk at the time to help connect to them sikhi. As they could have used raag kirtan but not many sangat understand raag kirtan so dharna was used instead.

Also mahapursh had a lot of bhagati which was the reason they successful in their parchar duty. One mahapursh had darshan of guru nanak dev ji 3 times whilst sitting in baba isher singh ji rara sahib jis deewan

• 4 weeks later...

Waheguru ji

This could be a bliss for abhiyaasi Gurmukhs. Live Simran streaming all day long.  If any of you is a part of this Skype group Pls dm me the link.where I could join from .. I would be grateful

Else for us all we can take laaha  here😊😊

https://youtu.be/yHa945HHDRY

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Waheguru Kirpa

Waheguru Ji

I have just found this forum. I am humbled by the amazing Sangat on here and it was Waheguru's kirpa that i found this place!

I am part of the skype group ... i can DM you the link but i am just waiting on moderator to approve my sign up...after i will be able to be able to DM you.

Sadi majboori hai ...the skype group is a max of 50 people so while i want to, i can't share it to forum ...however we broadcast everything on the youtube channel that you linked in your post, so all the infomration is on there...we are the sister channel to Gurmat Meditation (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wAq7dpnCUam5krI0jYRsQ)

we are students of Gurmat Meditation - ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ, Gurusar Kaunke 

I can try to answer any questions anyone may have about the group, or point you to any Gurmukhs who are more than willing to answer any questions

On 9/5/2020 at 8:56 PM, Guest Waheguru Kirpa said:

Waheguru Ji

I have just found this forum. I am humbled by the amazing Sangat on here and it was Waheguru's kirpa that i found this place!

I am part of the skype group ... i can DM you the link but i am just waiting on moderator to approve my sign up...after i will be able to be able to DM you.

Sadi majboori hai ...the skype group is a max of 50 people so while i want to, i can't share it to forum ...however we broadcast everything on the youtube channel that you linked in your post, so all the infomration is on there...we are the sister channel to Gurmat Meditation (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4wAq7dpnCUam5krI0jYRsQ)

we are students of Gurmat Meditation - ਸਚੁ ਨਾਉ ਵਡਿਆਈ ਵੀਚਾਰੁ, Gurusar Kaunke 

I can try to answer any questions anyone may have about the group, or point you to any Gurmukhs who are more than willing to answer any questions

Waheguru ji thank you so much for your kind reply. I was really keen to join this group  before I found this channel and spoke to a couple of nembers there like Bibi Maan Kaur ji. She also mentioned this 50 members constraint and then I  somehow got to this channel on YouTube.  I realized that this was once again Babji's game as my husband may have not allowed me to join this 'class' otherwise but now I can be a part of it and still watch it like any other video.

I am anyway not even close to the avastha of the 'speakers ' there and would have occupied a precious place of someone more deserving,  so I am better off as a ' listener' now and forever grateful for this live channel.  Thank you 🙏

On 7/26/2020 at 6:48 PM, Ragmaala said:

I think he is charanjit singh gorkhi, the author if I am not wrong.

03093132-36B4-40EA-903E-9E796AFBBD6A.png

22ACD5E3-D925-4A72-B370-E4812CA0C5C4.jpeg

Yes you were right veerji he's the same person

He's also conducting sessions on Google meet everyday, I am adding a small recording only for reference for sangat to get an idea of the session. You can contact him to join his whatsapp group and get link to join these meetings .

@Ragmaala veerji in one such session one person asked Charanjeet Singh  Gorkhi about his looks and kes.  He got emotional and said that his mother and kids are Amritdhaari however he is in a merchant navy job of a Singapore based company which does not allow him to keep hair.  He further said that he can't leave his job as he isn't well educated (just 12th pass)  and can't get a better job than this.  One day he said things will surely change in this regard

Just listen to this recording, as Lucky veerji said above he seems learned-has practical gyaan. 

AUD-20200829-WA0034.mp3

On 7/28/2020 at 3:16 PM, sarabatam said:

Lucky, sat, chatanga, soulfinder, harsharan, dalsingh, jageera sukhpreet and all veer and bheenji, please post more often,

Will do. Regarding Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth series, at the moment it feels like I'm having a conversation with myself. I just have been a little busy lately, and a little demotivated to be honest. Too much agianta flying around on social media.

6 hours ago, chatanga1 said:

Will do. Regarding Sri CharitroPakhyan Granth series, at the moment it feels like I'm having a conversation with myself. I just have been a little busy lately, and a little demotivated to be honest. 

I thought we were having a study together myself. Shows how we can easily fall into misconceptions. Lol!

Keep it up, I've found the series fascinating and illuminating myself.  

On 7/28/2020 at 3:16 PM, sarabatam said:

Lucky, sat, chatanga, soulfinder, harsharan, dalsingh, jageera sukhpreet and all veer and bheenji, please post more often, you guys are torch bearer of sikhi. Sikhawareness will be on for generations, i'll make sure i will give this seva to my son if he is not interested someone from sangat,  before passing on. What a amazing privilege and honor  is been part of amazing platform and sangat since 2003.Lets continue to contribute on this amazing platform and inspire others including me.

The forums been transformative for me. It's been a privilege to be a part of it. N30, I also note how your style of moderation, which was once greatly misunderstood and outright attacked has now been adopted by many others - not trying to suck up to you or anything, but you was ahead of your time.  

I think the sudden shock of this covid thing has knocked many of us about myself. We'll get back on it.