Hanuman Natak

• 2 weeks later...

Sat Sri Akal:

Uh...yeah...

Let's see here....

JO GAJKAE BOLAVAE SO NIHAL.....................................................

SSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

AAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLL

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As per drawof Sahib/Sahiban's question, this would be the first time hearing that Hanuman Natak was one of the Dasam Patshah's writings. I do not know why it is being brought up...any reasons?

Also, let's not be biased. I don't see anyone bringing up any Muslim, Christian or Judaic texts for discussion...just Hindu texts. Please...feel free to explain.

Guest Javanmard

sorry but the Dasam Granth birs at Patna Sahib contain the Hanuman Natak. Chaupa SIngh Rahitnama mentions Guru Gobind SIngh reading from it as it talks about his Suryavams lineage!!!

Hanuman Natak, If i'm not wrong i think Dasme Paatshah used to carry this baani with him at all times in his kamarkassa.....

NASRO MANSOOR GURU GOBIND SINGH

Nihang Gargaj Singh,

What, if are not good on this forum where young sikhs are coming to learn something useful. Try to find right sources before posting any comments which may cause issues. I hope you will back up your statement from now on.

Guest Javanmard

I don't like to play around with people and giving them quotes that they could consider spurious. I rather prefer to have people read the stuff I indicate for themselves rather than just blindly believing whatever I serve them as quotes. I prefer people to use their reason and see things for themselves rather than depending on second hand information handed in my some "lalleshvari"

God gave you and inquisitive mind and reason:use it. :wink:

Its so amusing to read the drivel you write lalleshvari,

Let's see - the REAL reason you don't like to provide quotes any more is because users of this forum are beginning to research the assertions you make, and have realised your claims to be inconsistent and/or patently incorrent.

So instead of providing specific references, you instead choose to refer vaugely to texts that normally contain 100+ pages, making it extremely difficult for individuals to refute your claims in a reasonably short time-period.

Your recent statement regarding taksal lineage on the dasam granth thread is an example that comes to mind. Once veer Sukhdev Singh Jhamka had exposed your false assertion and offered to provide explicit audio evidence to support his view, you quickly changed tact. And then there's veer Bikramjit Singh who has exposed your inconsistencies time and time again - but I'm sure others have picked up on these already.

Guest Javanmard

anyone trained in academic research reading knows that there are ways of going through a 100+ text if one knows what one is looking for. You statement is therefore completely invalid. I write these posts with the consciousness that:

1. most people who come to this forum are or have been university students and have hence been trained in such reading methods. If not: that's not my fault!

2.regarding the taksal it was not MY assertion but Giani Kirpal SIngh in his book Gurmukh Darshan on the life Sant Gurbachan SIngh Bhindranvale as well as Balvant SIngh Kothaguru's Nirmal Panth Bodh in the chapter dedicated to the Bhindranvale taksal. As I said earlier I have no problems with Chowk Mehta as an institution until Sant Jarnail SIngh's death. I am just pointing out a point of discussion. After having duly read and thought about the issue I have come to my conclusion (which does not mean that I necesseraly am right) that it was Baba Mohan Singh who conserved the main gaddi of the Taksal. It may well be that the split was actually intended and that it was decided to create two branches which would of course reconciliate both sides. I am just saying that in terms of training and institutions Baba Mohan SIngh's taksal is more scholarly enclined and hence sticks to Sant Gurbachan SIngh's tradition. I repeat here that I have got absolutely nothing against Chowk Mehta Taksal. I just think that one should be able to discuss these things with a thand mind instead of accusing people of being liars etc... I don't do that and I expect other people to behave in that way either. I am not saying that Sukhdev SIngh Jhamka does not have the tape or that the tape is nakli. All I am saying is that the tape is ONE among other documents: that's it. and yet you try to mke me say things I have never said :evil:

3. Can't you just rely on your own reason instead of having people thinking for you and finding "evidence" for you. I find it strange that five to six people have dedicated some of their precious to try and proove me wrong though I don't think of myslef as a dangerous person...

The only way you people have to counter my arguments is character assassination and the most curious thing is that you, the righteous people seem to know me so well without having even met me. I guess that me being a paapi prevents me from getting the ridian and sidhian you've got :wink:

Guest Javanmard

dear friend you are totally right but this is not a thesis but a web forum.so my academic priorities are somewhere else unless of course if you wish to transform sikhawareness.com into an academic journal. Yes it's true I don't reference pages but at least I know what reference systems there are.. not like other people who think it's enough to indicate the title of the book and the page number....ever heard of Harvard and Humanities reference styles....

Guest kaur1699

Fateh Ji,

Ok guys lets calm down and get back to the topic yea!? :P

We have said time and time again for references to be provided for any statements, so please do that :wink:

Now lets try and stick to the topic...

Guest BikramjitSingh

Has anyone here talking about Hanuman Natak actually read hanuman natak in it's complete form? And for that matter can they read gurmukhi?

Nihang Ji

You seem to a great scholar of Sikhi. It is good to have someone here who has the wealth of knowledge of Sikhi as you do.

Let's have your views ? Is the fact that the Chaupa Singh Rehatnama states that a discourse was given on Hanuman Natak by a Pandit in the presence of Guru Gobind Singh make the Hanuman Nanak a book that should be read by all Sikhs ?. How authentic do you believe the Chaupa Singh Rehatnama to be ?. Do you believe that Sikhs should honour Brahmin Sikhs in the same manner as Hindus honour their Brahmins as the Rehatnama advises. Could the fact that it was written by a Brahmin Sikh have led to this advice ? Is some of the Rehat espoused in this Rehatnama contary to Gurbani ?.

I would appreciate your views

GurFateh

Bikramjit