Can U Adapt this

Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and Love lived on an island. One day the island began to sink. So all the feelings prepared their boats to leave.

Love stayed. She wanted to preserve the island paradise until the last possible moment. When the island was almost under, Love decided it was the time to leave. She needed help. Richness was passing by in a grand boat. Love asked; “Richness, can I come with u on yr boat?” Richness answered:” I am sorry, but there is a lot of silver & gold on my boat-there would be no space for u.”

Then love saw Vanity in a beautiful vessel. She cried out for help. “I can’t help u”, Vanity said, “You r all wet & will damage my beautiful boat.”

Next, Love pleaded with Sadness: “Please let me go with u.” But Sadness declined, saying he needed to be alone. Then Love saw Happiness. Love cried out, “Happiness, please take me with u.” but happiness was so overjoyed that he didn’t hear Love calling him.

Love began to cry. Then she heard a voice. “Come Love, I will take u with me.” It was an elder. Love felt so blessed & overjoyed that she forgot to ask the elder his name. When they arrived on land the elder went on his way. Love realized how much she owed the elder.

Love then found Knowledge and asked, “Who helped me?” Knowledge answered: “It was Time. Only Time is capable of understanding how GREAT Love is.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I already posted this on the forum but this one is so inspiring i always want to have a read try at UR end....

5 IMPORTANT LESSONS OF LIFE

During my second month of college, our professor gave us a pop quiz. I was a conscientious student and had breezed through the questions, until I read the last one: "What is the first name of the woman who cleans the school?"

Surely this was some kind of joke. I had seen the cleaning woman several times. She was tall, dark-haired and in her 50s, but how would I know her name?

I handed in my paper, leaving the last question blank.

Just before class ended, one student asked if the last question would count toward our quiz grade. "Absolutely," said the professor. "In your careers, you will meet many people. All are significant. They deserve your attention and care, even if all you do is smile and say 'hello'."

I've never forgotten that lesson. I also learned her name was Dorothy.

2 - Second Important Lesson - Pickup in! the Rain One night, at 11:30 PM, an older African American woman was standing on the side of an Alabama highway trying to endure a lashing rain storm. Her car had broken down and she desperately needed a ride. Soaking wet, she decided to flag down the next car. A young white man stopped to help her, generally unheard of in those conflict-filled 1960s.

The man took her to safety, helped her get assistance and put her into a taxicab. She seemed to be in a big hurry, but wrote down his address and thanked him.

Seven days went by and a knock came on the man's door.

To his surprise, a giant console color TV was delivered to his home. A special note was attached.

It read: "Thank you so much for assisting me on the highway the other night. The rain drenched not only my clothes, but also my spirits. Then you came along. Because of you, I was able to make it to my dying husband's bedside just before he passed away.! God bless you for helping me and unselfishly serving others."

Sincerely, Mrs. Nat King Cole.

3 - Third Important Lesson Always remember those who serve. In the days when an ice cream sundae cost much less, a 10 year old boy entered a hotel coffee shop and sat at a table. A waitress put a glass of water in front of him. "How much is an ice cream sundae?" he asked "Fifty cents," replied the waitress.

The little boy pulled his hand out of his pocket and studied the coins in it. "Well, how much is a plain dish of ice cream?" he inquired.

By now more people were waiting for a table and the waitress was growing impatient. "Thirty-five cents,"

she brusquely replied." The little boy again counted his coins. "I'll have the plain ice cream," he said.

The waitress brought the ice cream, put the bill on the table and walked away. The boy finished the ice cream, paid the cashier and left.

When t! he waitress came back, she began to cry as she wiped down the table. There, placed neatly beside the empty dish, were two nickels and five pennies. You see, he couldn't have the sundae, because he had to have enough left to leave her a tip.

4 - Fourth Important Lesson - The Obstacle in Our Path In ancient times, a King had a boulder placed on a roadway. Then he hid himself and watched to see if anyone would remove the huge rock. Some of the king's wealthiest merchants and courtiers came by and simply walked around it. Many loudly blamed the king for not keeping the roads clear, but none did anything about getting the stone out of the way.

Then a peasant came along carrying a load of vegetables. Upon approaching the boulder, the peasant laid down his burden and tried to move the stone to the side of the road. After much pushing and straining, he finally succeeded.

After the peasant picked up his load ! of vegetables, he noticed a purse lying in the road where the boulder had been. The purse ! contained many gold coins and a note from the king indicating that the gold was for the person who removed the boulder from the roadway. The peasant learned what many of us never understand.

Every obstacle presents an opportunity to improve our condition.

5 - Fifth Important Lesson - Giving When it Counts Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a hospital, I got to know a little girl named Liz who was suffering from a rare and serious disease.

Her only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood transfusion from her

5-year old brother, who had miraculously survived the same disease and had developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness.

The doctor explained the situation to her little brother, and asked the little boy if he would be willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him hesitate f! or only a moment before taking a deep breath and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will save her."

As the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color returning to her cheek.

Then his face grew pale and his smile faded. He looked up at The doctor and asked with a trembling voice, "Will I start to die right away?"

Being young, the little boy had misunderstood the doctor; he thought he was going to have to give his sister all of his blood in order to save her.

You see, after all, understanding and attitude, is everything.

THE BEST COLLAGE

Greg Forbes Siegman was doing fine until the spring of his senior year in 1990. He was near the top of his class at a very competitive public high school in the Chicago suburbs. His list of activities was impressive. It appeared he would go to a great college and do important work.

His dreams were those of many high school academic stars in the college-conscious United States. He would go to one of the Ivy League schools, or maybe Stanford. He would go to law school, or maybe film school. He would argue a case before the U.S. Supreme Court, or maybe win an Academy Award. The presidency was not impossible.

But then the letters began arriving from the very selective colleges he had applied to. Each was distressingly thin. Each was a rejection. He could not believe it. Had there been a mistake?

The gut-churning truth, when it reached him soon after, was even worse than not knowing.

One of the teachers he had asked to write recommendations told Siegman he had decided, on his own, that no matter how much the teenager believed in his dreams, the teacher thought they were out of whack. The teacher had told the colleges that Siegman was a nice enough young man and worked very hard for his grades, but he did not have the intellectual capacity to flourish at such schools. He was not Ivy League material.

There are many Greg Forbes Siegmans. America is a country built on supersized ambition. The 120-pound water boy thinks he can be quarterback. The book store clerk dreams of writing the great American novel. The high school dropout is certain he will win a Grammy and live in Bel Air. The college admissions process is designed to bring all those hopes in line with reality. Siegman's teacher probably thought he was doing Siegman a favor. If he went to Harvard, the teacher figured, he would only be disappointed and struggle against his limits without any hope of reward.

I think in this year of intense competition for places at a few select colleges, with some students nursing their wounds from being rejected or deferred early decision, and others waiting anxiously for news when the regular decisions are made in March, it is a good time to tell Siegman's full story. On the eve of a new year, it is gratifying to hear how one young man cast off the burdens of the past.

The huge tub of bile that fell on Siegman senior year has had an extraordinary effect on him. But it did not stop him from getting an excellent education and finding a way to make a difference in the lives of many people.

When Siegman was twenty-four, working as a part-time restaurant doorman and just starting as a substitute teacher in one of the poorest neighborhoods in Chicago, he decided to start a mentoring program called brunchbunch.com. He invited people of different backgrounds to weekly meals designed to break down stereotypes and other psychological and social barriers.

After 70 weeks of successful brunches, in which young professionals forged deep relationships with young people needing mentors, Siegman set up a foundation. It supervises the brunchbunch.com program and raises money so young people can get the opportunity he was denied to attend their first-choice colleges.

He called it the 11-10-02 Foundation, celebrating the day that he would turn 30 and his belief that people under 30 were as capable as anyone to do anything. By that date he was resolved to have made a difference in the world, no matter what his high school teacher had thought, no matter how unrealistic his dreams still seemed to many of the people he met.

Naturally, long before the deadline, his optimism and energy had exactly the desired effect. Not only did the weekly brunches change many lives, but the foundation raised more than $250,000 to further the cause. His ShakingUpChicago.com Scholarship Program gave out tens of thousands of dollars in college grants. In 1999, Siegman was honored by Hasbro as a real-life American hero. In 2000, he became the youngest adult in the country to be honored at the National Jefferson Awards for Public Service. He was named a Man of Distinction by Zeta Beta Tau in 2001. In 2002, he was honored as one of America's Points of Light.

Although he had finished college years before, this year he finally got the degree that was meaningful to him.

As a deeply disappointed high school graduate, he had talked his way into Tulane University in New Orleans and started his community work there. He won election to the student senate and joined a fraternity. But after two years he left Tulane. He was still consumed with the desire to prove he belonged at an Ivy League-type school.

Siegman showed up unannounced on the campus of Northwestern University, a very selective school north of Chicago, and proceeded to talk his way into a place at that school, too. His undergraduate record was spectacular -- thirty-seven A's and a B-plus. One would have thought he would be overjoyed by his success. Instead, he was miserable and refused to attend his graduation at Northwestern, the sort of big name university he had always craved. He realized, to his astonishment, what the reason was. He missed Tulane. He had loved the vibrancy of New Orleans, the student politics, and the many opportunities for community service. It finally occurred to him, after many years of Ivy envy, that the brand-name value of a school had nothing to do with what made it memorable.

So this year when Prairie State College in Chicago Heights invited him to be its graduation speaker, the youngest in its history, he took this to be his second chance to cross a stage at graduation--and one he was not going to pass up. Ivy League degree or not, he had arrived. At the age of 29, he was getting an honorary degree.

At the ceremony, he told his story and received a standing ovation. Paul J. McCarthy, the president of Prairie State, said Siegman's story was "a testament to what one person can accomplish if they are willing to put in the time it takes to reach their goal."

Which is exactly what any disappointed high school senior should keep in mind as he stares glumly at the thin envelope that holds the rejection letter from his first-choice college. It does not matter where you go to school. It matters what you do when you get there, and what you do after you graduate, and what you do with the gift of time, millions of dollars worth of time, that most of us are given.

There is now a term for this phenomenon, invented by Stacy Berg Dale of Mathematica Policy Research and Alan Krueger of Princeton University, who have been working with data on the effects of selective college enrollment on lives.

While looking at their numbers, Dale and Krueger noticed something odd. In many cases, they found that applicants who were rejected by brand-name schools did as well in later life as those who were accepted. The researchers began to wonder whether students' sense of themselves made admissions committees' opinions less important. Under this theory, if you applied to Columbia, Wellesley, and Swarthmore, then you were by definition Columbia, Wellesley, and Swarthmore material, even if those schools spurned you and you had to make do with Cleveland State.

The notion deserved further study, they decided. In the meantime, they gave it a label. It seemed fitting to use the name of a scrawny, bespectacled senior at Saratoga High School near San Jose, Calif., who applied to the famous film school at UCLA but was rejected. He went to Long Beach State (later to become California State University-Long Beach) instead, still thinking about a way to create the career he had in mind. He later tried to transfer from Long Beach State to another famous film school, the University of Southern California, but again he was rejected.

He made five films at Long Beach State, crashed some of the student film screenings at USC, and pushed the studio executives so hard that eventually he got a chance to show what he could do when allowed to make a real feature film.

His name was Steven Spielberg. Dale and Krueger dubbed the phenomenon of rejected college applicants succeeding in spite of their disappointment the "Spielberg effect." Just like Siegman, Spielberg eventually got to star at a graduation ceremony. This year he put on a cap and gown, and, with music from Indiana Jones blaring over loudspeakers at the Cal State Long Beach ceremonies, Spielberg received a bachelor's degree in film and electronic arts, the final requirements completed through independent studies turned in under a pseudonym.

That degree, of course, meant little when compared to Spielberg's body of work. The same goes for Siegman's degree from Prairie State, although Siegman admitted it made him feel good to know that Spielberg, one of his heroes, had followed a similar path. Filmmaking was one of Siegman's many interests. He screened a movie about his community activities on his all-important 30th birthday in 2002.

Spielberg and Siegman are what they have done. Their legacies are the people they have helped and the lessons and images they have brought to life. And it should be obvious by now, to anyone who is paying attention, that their successes had almost nothing to do with where they did, or did not, go to

CIRCLE OF LOVE

What goes around comes around — little acts of kindness included. This moving piece, currently in circulation on the Internet, reaffirms faith in the fact that selflessness is the missing link in the chain of love.He was driving home one evening, on a two-lane country road. Work, in this small mid-western community, was almost as slow as his beat-up Pontiac.

But he never quit looking. Ever since the factory closed, he had been unemployed, and with winter raging on, the chill had finally hit home. It was a lonely road. Not too many people had a reason to be on it, unless they were leaving. Most of his friends had already left. They had families to feed and dreams to fulfil. But he stayed on. After all, this was where he buried his parents. He was born here and knew the country.

It was starting to get dark and light snow flurries were coming down. He had better get a move on. You know, he almost didn’t see the old lady, stranded on the side of the road. But even in the dim light of day, he could see she needed help. So he pulled up in front of her Mercedes and got out. His Pontiac was still sputtering when he approached her. Even with the smile on his face, she was worried.

No one had stopped to help for the last hour or so. Was he going to hurt her? He looked poor and hungry. He could see that she was frightened, standing out there in the cold. He knew how she felt. It was that chill which only fear can put in you. He said, ‘‘I’m here to help you ma’am. Why don’t you wait in the car where it’s warm. By the way, my name is Joe.’’

Well, all she had was a flat tyre, but for an old lady, this was bad enough. Joe crawled under the car looking for a place to put the jack, skinning his knuckles a time or two. Soon he was able to change the tyre. But he had to get dirty and his hands hurt. As he was tightening up the lug nuts, she rolled down her window and began to talk to him. She told him that she was just passing through. She couldn’t thank him enough for coming to her aid. Joe just smiled.

She asked him how much she owed him. Any amount would have been alright with her. She had already imagined all the awful things which could have happened had he not stopped. Joe never thought twice about the money. This was not a job to him. This was helping someone in need, and there were plenty who had given him a hand in the past. He had lived his whole life that way, and it never occurred to him to act any other way. He told her that if she really wanted to pay him back, the next time she saw someone who needed help, she could give that person the assistance that they needed. ‘‘And think of me.’’

He waited until she started her car and drove off. A few miles down the road, the lady saw a small cafe. She went in to grab a bite to eat, and take the chill off before she made the last leg of her trip home. It was a dingy-looking restaurant. The whole scene was unfamiliar. Her waitress came over and brought a clean towel to wipe her wet hair. She had a sweet smile, one which even being on her feet for the whole day couldn’t erase. The lady noticed that the waitress was nearly eight months pregnant, but she never let the strain change her attitude.

The old lady wondered how someone who had so little could be so giving to a stranger. Then she remembered Joe. After she finished her meal, and the waitress went to get her change from a $100 bill, the lady slipped right out the door. She was gone by the time the waitress came back. She wondered where the lady could be, then she noticed something written on a napkin. There were tears in her eyes, when she read what the lady wrote. It said, ‘‘You don’t owe me a thing. Someone once helped me out, the way I’m helping you. If you really want to pay me back, don’t let the chain of love end with you.’’

Well, there were tables to clear, sugar bowls to fill, and people to serve, but the waitress made it through another day. That night, when she got home from work and climbed into bed, she was thinking about the money and what the lady had written. How could she have known how much she and her husband needed it? With the baby due next month, it was going to be hard. She knew how worried her husband was, and as he lay sleeping next to her, she gave him a soft kiss and whispered soft and low, ‘‘Everything’s gonna be alright Joe.’’

"When people come together, they find ways to separate."

MOST BEAUTIFUL FLOWER

The park bench was deserted as I sat down to read

Beneath the long, straggly branches of an old willow tree.

Disillusioned by life with good reason to frown,

For the world was intent on dragging me down.

And if that weren't enough to ruin my day,

A young boy out of breath approached me, all tired from play.

He stood right before me with his head tilted down

And said with great excitement, "Look what I found!"

In his hand was a flower, and what a pitiful sight,

With it's petals all worn - not enough rain, or too little light.

Wanting me to take his dead flower and got off to play,

I faked a small smile and then shifted away.

But instead of retreating he sat next to my side

And placed the flower to his nose

And declared with overacted surprise,

"It sure smells pretty and it's beautiful, too.

That's why I picked it; here, it's for you."

The weed before me was dying and almost dead.

Not vibrant of colors; orange, yellow or red.

But I knew I must take it or he might never leave.

So I reached for the flower and replied just what I need."

But instead of him placing the flower in my hand,

He held it mid-air, without reason or plan.

It was then that I noticed for the very first time.

That weed-toting boy could not see; he was blind.

I heard my voice quiver, tears shone in the sun,

As I thanked him for picking the very best one.

"You're welcome", he smiled, and then ran off to play,

Unaware of the impact he'd had on my day.

I sat there and wondered how he managed to see,

A self-pitying woman beneath an old willow tree.

How did he know of my self-indulged plight?

Perhaps from his heart, he'd been blessed with true sight.

Through the eyes of a blind child, at last I could see,

The problem was not with the world; the problem was me.

And for all of those times I myself had been blind,

I vowed to see the beauty in life,

And appreciate every second that's mine.

Then I held that wilted flower up to my nose

And breathed in the fragrance of a beautiful rose

And smiled as I watched that young boy with

Another weed in his hand,

About the change in the life of an unsuspecting old man.

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

I am a mother of three (ages 14, 12, 3) and have recently completed my college degree. The last class I had to take was Sociology. The teacher was absolutely inspiring with the qualities that I wish every human being had been graced with.

Her last project of the term was called "Smile." The class was asked to go out and smile at three people and document their reactions. I am a very friendly person and always smile at everyone and say hello anyway, so I thought, this would be a piece of cake, literally.

Soon after we were assigned the project, my husband, youngest son, and I went out to McDonald's one crisp March morning. It was just our way of sharing special play time with our son. We were standing in line, waiting to be served, when all of a sudden everyone around us began to back away, and then even my husband did. I did not move an inch...an overwhelming feeling of panic welled up inside of me as I turned to see why they had moved. As I turned around I smelled a horrible "dirty body" smell, and there standing behind me were two poor homeless men.

As I looked down at the short gentleman, close to me, he was "smiling". His beautiful sky blue eyes were full of God's Light as he searched for acceptance. He said, "Good day" as he counted the few coins he had been clutching. The second man fumbled with his hands as he stood behind his friend. I realized the second man was mentally deficient and the blue eyed gentleman was his salvation.

I held my tears as I stood there with them. The young lady at the counter asked him what they wanted. He said, "Coffee is all Miss" because that was all they could afford. (If they wanted to sit in the restaurant and warm up, they had to buy something. He just wanted to be warm).

Then I really felt it - the compulsion was so great I almost reached out and embraced the little man with the blue eyes. That is when I noticed all eyes in the restaurant were set on me, judging my every action. I smiled and asked the young lady behind the counter to give me two more breakfast meals on a separate tray. I then walked around the corner to the table that the men had chosen as a resting spot. I put the tray on the table and laid my hand on the blue eyed gentleman's cold hand.

He looked up at me, with tears in his eyes, and said, "Thank you." I leaned over, began to pat his hand and said, "I did not do this for you.God is here working through me to give you hope." I started to cry as I walked away to join my husband and son.

When I sat down my husband smiled at me and said, "That is why God gave you to me, Honey. To give me hope." We held hands for a moment and at that time we knew that only because of the Grace that we had been given were we able to give.

We are not church goers, but we are believers. That day showed me the pure Light of God's sweet love.

I returned to college, on the last evening of class, with this story in hand. I turned in "my project" and the instructor read it. Then she looked up at me and said, "Can I share this?" I slowly nodded as she got the attention of the class. She began to read and that is when I knew that we, as human beings and being part of God, share this need to heal people and be healed. In my own way I had touched the people at McDonald's, my husband, son, instructor, and every soul that shared the classroom on the last night I spent as a college student. I graduated with one of the biggest lessons I would ever learn:

UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE.

Much love and compassion is sent to each and every person who may read this and learn how to LOVE PEOPLE AND USE THINGS - NOT LOVE THINGS AND USE PEOPLE.

Farmer Joe and his Mule

Farmer Joe decided his injuries from his recent accident were serious

enough to take the trucking company responsible for the accident to

court. In court, the trucking company's fancy lawyer was questioning

farmer Joe.

"Didn't you say, at the scene of the accident, that you were fine?"

''Well, I'll tell you what happened. I had just loaded my favorite

mule Bessie into the--"

''I didn't ask for any details,'' the lawyer interrupted. ''Just

answer the question. Did you not say, at the scene of the accident,

that you were fine?"

''Well I had just got Bessie into the trailer and was driving down

the road--''

''Judge, I am trying to establish the fact that, at the scene of the

accident, this man told the Highway Patrolman on the scene that he

was just fine. Now several weeks after the accident he is trying to

sue my client. I believe he is a fraud. Please tell him to simply

answer the question.'' By this time the Judge was fairly interested

in Farmer Joe's answer and told the lawyer so.

''Well," said the farmer, "as I was saying, I had just loaded Bessie,

my favorite mule, into the trailer and was driving her down the

highway when this huge semi-truck and trailer ran the stop sign and

smacked my truck right in the side. I was thrown into one ditch and

Bessie was thrown into the other. I was hurting real bad and didn't

want to move. However, I could hear ol' Bessie moaning and groaning.

I knew she was in terrible shape just by her groans. Shortly after

the accident a Highway Patrolman came on the scene. He could hear

Bessie moaning and groaning so he went over to her. After he looked

at her he took out his gun and shot her between the eyes. Then the

Patrolman came across the road with his gun in his hand and looked at

me. He said, 'Your mule was in such bad shape I had to shoot her. How

are you feeling?'"

BE LIKE A PENCIL

The Pencil Maker took the pencil aside, just before putting him

into the box. "There are 5 things you need to know," he told the

pencil, "Before I send you out into the world. Always remember

them and never forget, and you will become the best pencil you can

be."

"One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you

allow yourself to be held in Someone's hand."

"Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time,

but you'll need it to become a better pencil."

"Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make."

"Four: The most important part of you will always be what's inside."

"And Five: On every surface you are used on, you must leave your

mark. No matter what the condition, you must continue to write."

The pencil understood and promised to remember, and went into

the box with purpose in its heart.

_______________ ‹› _______________

Now replacing the place of the pencil with you. Always remember

them and never forget, and you will become the best person you can

be.

One: You will be able to do many great things, but only if you allow

yourself to be held in God's hand. And allow other human beings to

access you for the many gifts you possess.

Two: You will experience a painful sharpening from time to time,

by going through various problems, but you'll need it to become a

stronger person.

Three: You will be able to correct any mistakes you might make.

Four: The most important part of you will always be what's on

the inside.

And Five: On every surface you walk through, you must leave

your mark. No matter what the situation, you must continue to do

your duties.

Thief Meets Thief

A thief stole a horse and went to the market to sell it. One customer asked the price of the horse. The thief asked him," How much will you give?" The customer said, "I can give four hundred rupees for it". The thief didn't know that the customer was also a thief. The customer thought that this horse was stolen. So he asked him that he would like to try the horse before he could buy it. He agreed to let him try. The customer took the horse and run away without paying. When people asked him for how much he sold the horse, he would say," At the same price what I got it for. "He had stolen the horse therefore it went without any price".

DONT TRY TO BE SHAANE(oversmart K)

7 Engineers and 7 Doctors were going from PUNE to

Mumbai. So they both gather at Pune Station. Both

groups are desperately trying to prove their

superiority.

Scene 1 (PUNE- MUMBAI)

So 7 engineers take only 1 Ticket amongst them and 7

doctors buy all 7 tickets..

Doctors are desperately waiting for TC to come......

When TC arrives, All 7 Engineers get in one toilet

SO when TC knocks

, one hand come out with the ticket and the TC goes

away....

NOW on return Journey All of them don't get a direct

train to PUNE so

they all decide to take a Passenger till Lonavala,

from there they can easily get a LOCAL to PUNE so

SCENE 2 (MUMBAI - LONAVALA)

Doctors decide, "this time we will prove that we too

are equally SHAANE"....All 7 Doctors take 1 Ticket

amongst them

Engineers don't buy any ticket at all!!!!!..TC

arrives....ALL DOCTORS

IN ONE TOILET.ALL ENGINEERS IN THE OPPOSITE ONE..One

engineer gets out

and knocks the door of Doctors toilet, One hand comes

with the tickets, he takes

the ticket and comes in engg Bathroom...TC DRIVES out

ALL the doctors from

the toilet and they are heavily fined........

-----------------------------------------

SO now both the group on LONAVALA station. Doctors

planning their move for last chance.. they board the

local to Pune.

This time doctors decide that they will play the same

(1 ticket)

trick. ALL Doctors take 1 tickets...Engineers BUY

all 7 tickets this time...

SO TC Comes.. All Engineers show their tickets.....

Doctors are still searching for toilet in the

LOCAL...........

:wink:

MEASURE UR WEAKNESS AS A STRENGTH

A water bearer in India had two large pots, each hung on each end of a pole which he carried across his neck. One of the pots had a crack in it, and while the other pot was perfect and always delivered a full portion of water at the end of the long walk from the stream to the masters house, the cracked pot arrived only half full. For a full two years this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one and a half pots full of water in his masters house. Of course, the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, perfect to the end for which it was made. But the poor cracked pot was ashamed of its own imperfection, and miserable that it was able to accomplish only half of what it had been made to do. After two years of what it perceived to be a bitter failure, it spoke to the water bearer one day by the stream. "I am ashamed of myself, and I want to apologize to you." "Why?" asked the bearer. "What are you ashamed of?" "I have been able, for these past two years, to deliver only half my load because this crack in my side causes water to leak out all the way back to your masters house. Because of my flaws, you have to do all of this work, and you don't get full value from your efforts." The pot said

The water bearer felt sorry for the old cracked pot, and in his compassion he said, "As we return to the masters house, I want you to notice the beautiful flowers along the path."

Indeed, as they went up the hill, the old cracked pot took notice of the sun warming the beautiful wild flowers on the side of the path, and this cheered it some. But at the end of the trail, it still felt bad because it had leaked out half its load, and so again the Pot apologized to the bearer for its failure.

The bearer said to the pot, "Did you notice that there were flowers only on your side of your path, but not on the other pots side? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I took advantage of it. I planted flower seeds on your side of the path, and every day while we walk back from the stream, you've watered them. For two years I have been able to pick these beautiful flowers to decorate my masters table. Without you being just the way you are, he would not have this beauty to grace his house."

Each of us has our own unique flaws. We re all cracked pots. Don't be afraid of your flaws. Acknowledge them, and you too can be the cause of beauty. Know that in our weakness we find our strength

Answered Prayer

A voyaging ship was wrecked during a storm at sea and

only two of the men on it were able to swim to a

small, desert like island. The two survivors, not

knowing what else to do, agreed that they had no

other recourse but to pray to God.

However, to find out whose prayer was more powerful,

they agreed to divide the territory between them and

stay on opposite sides of the island. The first thing

they prayed for was food. The next morning, the first

man saw a fruit-bearing tree on his side of the land,

and he was able to eat its fruit. The other man's

parcel of land remained barren.

After a week, the first man was lonely and he decided

to pray for a wife. The next day, another ship was

wrecked, and the only survivor was a woman who swam to

his side of the land. On the other side of the island,

there was nothing. Soon the first man prayed for a

house, clothes, more food. The next day, like magic,

all of these were given to him. However, the second

man still had nothing.

Finally, the first man prayed for a ship, so that he

and his wife could leave the island. In the morning,

he found a ship docked at his side of the island. The

first man boarded the ship with his wife and decided

to leave the second man on the island. He considered

the other man unworthy to receive God's blessings,

since none of his prayers had been answered.

As the ship was about to leave, the first man heard a

voice from heaven booming, "Why are you leaving your

companion on the island?" "My blessings are mine

alone, since I was the one who prayed for them," the

first man answered. "His prayers were all unanswered

and so he does not deserve anything."

"You are mistaken!" the voice rebuked him. "He had

only one prayer, which I answered. If not for that,

you would not have received any of my blessings."

"Tell me," the first man asked the voice, "what did he

pray for that I should owe him anything?" "He prayed

that all your prayers be answered."

For all we know, our blessings are not the fruits of

our prayers alone, but those of another praying for

us.

DO U HAVE A BRIDGE TO BE BUILD....LETS FIND IT

Once upon a time two brothers who lived on adjoining

farms fell into conflict. It was the first serious

rift in 40 years of farming side by side, sharing

machinery, and trading labor and goods as needed

without a hitch. Then the long collaboration fell

apart.

It began with a small misunderstanding and it grew

into a major difference, and finally it exploded into

an exchange of bitter words followed by weeks of

silence.

One morning there was a knock on John's door. He

opened it to find a man with a carpenter's toolbox.

"I'm looking for a few days work" he said.

"Perhaps you would have a few small jobs here and

there. Could I help you?"

"Yes," said the older brother. "I do have a job for

you. Look across the creek at that farm. That's my

neighbor, in fact, it's my younger brother. Last week

there was a meadow between and he took his bulldozer

to the river levee and now there is a creek between

us. Well, he may have done this to spite me, but I'll

go him one better. See that pile of lumber over by

the barn? I want you to build me a fence --an 8-foot

fence -- so I won't need to see his place anymore.

Cool him down, anyhow."

The carpenter said, "I think I understand the

situation. Show me the nails and the post-hole digger

and I'll be able to do a job that pleases you."

The older brother had to go to town for supplies, so

he helped the carpenter get the materials ready and

then he was off for the day. The carpenter worked

hard all that day measuring, sawing, nailing. About

sunset when the farmer returned, the carpenter had

just finished his job. The farmer's eyes

opened wide, his jaw dropped. There was no fence at

all. It was a bridge -- a bridge stretching from one

side of the creek to the other! A fine piece of work,

handrails and all -- and the neighbor, his younger

brother, was coming across, his hand outstretched.

"You are quite a fellow

to build this bridge after all I've said and done."

The two brothers met at the middle of the bridge,

taking each other's hand. They turned to see the

carpenter hoist his toolbox on his shoulder. "No,

wait! Stay a few days. I've a lot of other projects

for you," said the older brother.

"I'd love to stay on," the carpenter said, "but I have

so many more bridges to build."

It's a New Year - are there any bridges you should

build?

The year is still fresh and so if in your life you have any gaps to close

with

anyone do it today and this will be a very blessed way to start your new

year.

Jerk in our Actions

One day, when I was a freshman in high school, I saw a kid from my class was walking home from school. He was carrying all of his books. His name was Kyle. I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring home all his books on a Friday? He must really be a nerd." I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so I shrugged my shoulders and went on.

As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward him. They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt. His glasses went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about ten feet from him. He looked up and I saw this terrible sadness in his eyes. My heart went out to him. I jogged over to him and as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I saw tears in his eyes. As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks. They really should get lives." He looked at me and said, "Hey thanks!" There was a big smile on his face. One of those smiles that showed real gratitude.

I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where he lived. As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him why I had never seen him before. He said he had gone to private school before now. I would have never hung out with a private school kid before. We talked all the way home, and I carried his books. He turned out to be a pretty cool kid. I asked him if he wanted to play football on Saturday with me and my friends. He said yes. We hung all weekend and the more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and my friends thought the same of him. Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the huge stack of books again. I stopped him and said, "Boy, you're gonna really build serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!" He just laughed and handed me half the books.

Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends. When we were seniors, began to think about college. Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I was going to Duke. I knew that we would always be friends, that the miles would never be a problem. He was going to be a doctor, and I was going for business on a football scholarship. Kyle was valedictorian of our class. I teased him all the time about being a nerd. He had to prepare a speech for graduation. I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and speak. Graduation day, I saw Kyle. He looked great. He was one of those guys that really found himself during high school. He filled out and actually looked good in glasses. He had more dates than me and all the girls loved him.

Boy, sometimes I was jealous. Today was one of those days. I could see that he was nervous about his speech. So, I smacked him on the back and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"

He looked at me with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled. "Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and began. "Graduation is a time to thank those who helped you make it through those tough years. Your parents, your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach... but mostly your friends. I am here to tell all of you that being a friend to someone is the best gift you can give them. I am going to tell you a story." I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the story of the first day we met. He had planned to kill himself over the weekend. He talked of how he had cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to do it later and was carrying his stuff home. He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile. "Thankfully, I was saved. My friend saved me from doing the unspeakable." I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular boy told us all about his weakest moment. I saw his Mom and Dad looking at me and smiling that same grateful smile. Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.

Never underestimate the power of your actions. With one small gesture you can change a person's life. For better or for worse. God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another in some way. Look for God in others. You now have two choices, you can:

1) Pass this on to your friends; or

2) Delete it and act like it didn't touch your heart.

Let's Commit ourselves to do at least a good this evening...

JOYCE WISHES U ALL A HAPPY NEW YEAR.... :LOL:

The Salty Coffee.....

He met her on a party, she was so outstanding, many

guys chasing after her,while he was so normal, nobody paid attention to him. At the end of the party, he invited her to have coffee with him, she was surprised, but due to being polite, she promised.

They sat in a nice coffee shop, he was too nervous to

say anything,

she felt uncomfortable, she thought, please, let me

back home..suddenly

he asked the waiter: would you please give me some

salt?

I'd like to put it in my coffee.

Everybody stared at him, so strange! His face turned

red, but, still, he put the salt in his coffee and drank it.

She asked him curiously: why you have this hobby?

He replied: when I was a little boy, I was living

near the sea, I liked playing in the sea, I could feel the taste of the sea, salty and bite, just like the taste of the salty coffee. Now every time I have the salty coffee, I always think of my

childhood, think of my hometown, I miss my hometown

so much, I miss my parents who are still living there. While saying that, tears filled his eyes.

She was deeply touched. That's his true feeling, from

the bottom of his heart. A man who can tell out his homesick, he must be a man who loves home, cares about home, has responsibility of home..Then she also started to speak, spoke about her faraway hometown, her childhood, her family. That was a really nice talk, also a beautiful beginning of

their story.

They continued to date. She found actually he was a

man who meets all her demands: he had tolerance,was kind hearted, warm, careful...he was such a good person but she almost missed him! Thanks to his salty coffee!

Then the story was just like every beautiful love

story: the princess married to the prince, then they were living the happy life...And, every time she made coffee for him, she put some salt in the coffee, as she knew that's the way he liked it.

After 40 years, he passed away, left her a letter

which said: My dearest, please forgive me, forgive my whole life

lie. This was the only lie I said to you----the salty coffee. Remember the first time we dated? I was so nervous at that time, actually I wanted some sugar, but I said salt. It was hard for me to change so I just went ahead. I never thought that could be the start of our communication! I tried to

tell you the truth many times in my life, but I was too afraid to do that, as I have promised not to lie to you for anything..Now I'm dying, I afraid of nothing so I tell you the truth:

I don't like the salty coffee, what a strange bad taste..but I have

the salty coffee for my whole life since I knew you, I never feel sorry for anything I do for you. Having you with me is my biggest happiness for my whole life. If I can live for the second time, I still want to know you and have you for my whole life, even though I have to drink the salty coffee again.

Her tears made the letter totally wet.

Someday, someone asked her: what's the taste of salty

coffee?

It's sweet. She replied.

Importance of One Minute

He almost killed somebody, but one minute changed his

life. The beautiful story comes from Sherman Rogers'

old book, "Foremen: Leaders or Drivers?" Though we

know more today about effective management and

supervision, Rogers makes an excellent point about

relationships.

During his college years, Rogers spent a summer in an

Idaho logging camp. At one point, the superintendent

had to leave for a few days and put Rogers in charge.

"What if the men refuse to follow my orders?" Rogers

asked. He thought of Tony, an immigrant worker who

grumbled and growled all day, giving the other men a

hard time. "Fire them," the superintendent said. Then,

as if reading Rogers' mind, he added, "I suppose you

think you are going to fire Tony if you get the

chance.

I'd feel badly about that. I have been logging for 40

years. Tony is the most reliable worker I've ever had.

I know he is a grouch and that he hates everybody and

everything. But he comes in first and leaves last.

There has not been an accident for eight years on the

hill where he works."

Rogers took over the next day. He went to Tony and

spoke to him. "Tony, do you know I'm in charge here

today?" Tony grunted. "I was going to fire you the

first time we tangled, but I want you to know I'm

not," he told Tony, adding what the superintendent had

said. When he finished, Tony dropped the shovel of

sand he had held and tears streamed down his face.

"Why he no tell me dat eight years ago?"

That day Tony worked harder than ever before -- and he

smiled! He later said to Rogers, "I told Maria you

first foreman in deese country who ever say, 'Good

work, Tony,' and it make Maria feel like Christmas."

Rogers went back to school after that summer.

Twelve years later he met Tony again. Tony was

superintendent for railroad construction for one of

the largest logging companies in the West. Rogers

asked him how he came to California and happened to

have such success. Tony replied, "If it not be for the

one minute you talk to me back in Idaho, I keel

somebody someday. One minute, she change my whole

life."

Effective managers know the importance of taking a

moment to point out what a worker is doing well. But

what a difference a minute of affirmation can make in

ANY relationship! One minute.

Have you got one minute to thank someone? One minute

to tell someone what you sincerely LIKE about her or

what you appreciate about him? One minute to point out

something that was done well and elaborate on it? One

minute. It can make a difference for a lifetime.

So R U Going to Change someones Life Today !

Size of Secrifice

Many years ago, when I worked as a volunteer at a

hospital, I got to know a little girl named Saminder who

was suffering from a rare and serious disease. Her

only chance of recovery appeared to be a blood

transfusion from her 5-year old brother, who had

miraculously survived the same disease and had

developed the antibodies needed to combat the illness.

The doctor explained the situation to her little

brother, and asked the little boy if he would be

willing to give his blood to his sister. I saw him

hesitate for only a moment before taking a deep breath

and saying, "Yes, I'll do it if it will save her." As

the transfusion progressed, he lay in bed next to his

sister and smiled, as we all did, seeing the color

returning to her cheeks. Then his face grew pale and

his smile faded.

He looked up at the doctor and asked with a trembling

voice, "Will I start to die right away?" Being young,

the little boy had misunderstood the doctor; he

thought he was going to have to give his sister all of

his blood in order to save her.

Can U Measure the Feeling of Affection. I Cant'..........

You see understanding and attitude, after all, is

everything.

A seed of kindness

One winter night, an old couple dashed into the lobby of a small

Philadelphia hotel, hoping for a room. But the clerk said, "All the

rooms are full." As they started to leave he said, "Would you be

willing to sleep in my room? It's not a suite, but I think you'll be

comfortable."

At first they were reluctant, but he insisted, "Don't worry, I can

sleep in the office." So they accepted. The next morning, when it

was time to check out, the old gentleman said to the clerk, "Thank

you; you should be the manager of the best hotel in the country.

Maybe some day I'll build one for you." The clerk was amused,

smiled and thanked him.

Two years later, the clerk received a round-trip ticket to New York

City and a letter thanking him again for his kindness. The old

couple were inviting him to come and visit them. Although he'd

forgotten the incident, he decided to accept their offer.

When he arrived in New York City, they took him to the corner of

34th Street and 5th Avenue. "That," said the elderly gentleman,

pointing to a magnificent skyscraper, "is the hotel I have just built

for you to manage." The clerk said, "You must be joking." "I can

assure you I'm not," he said. The old gentleman's name was

William Waldorf Astor. The hotel was the original Waldorf-Astoria.

The young clerk was George C. Bolt - its first manager. Don't forget

to sow another seed of kindness today, for you can never tell what

your harvest will be.

"REMEMBER THAT THE LORD WILL REWARD EACH ONE OF US FOR THE GOOD WE DO." Some Great Holy Book

Farmer's Donkey

One day a farmer's donkey fell down into a well.The animal cried piteously for hours as the farmer tried to figure out what to do.

Finally he decided the animal was old and the well needed to be covered up anyway, it just wasn't worth it to retrieve the donkey.

So he invited all his neighbours to come over and help him. They all grabbed a shovel and began to shovel dirt into the well. At first,the donkey realised what was happening and cried horribly. Then, to everyone's amazement, he quieted down. A few shovel loads later, the farmer finally looked down the well and was astonished at what he saw.

With every shovel of dirt that hit his back, the donkey was doing something amazing. He would shake it off and take a step up.

As the farmer's neighbours continued to shovel dirt on top of the animal, he would shake it off and take a step up. Pretty soon, everyone was amazed as the donkey stepped up over the edge of the well and trotted off!

Moral: Life is going to shovel dirt on you, all kinds of dirt. The trick

to getting out of the well is to shake it off and take a step up. Each of our troubles is a stepping stone. We can get out of the deepest wells just by not stopping, never giving up! Shake it off and take a step up!

Cost of Attitude

Dara liked school until Kim Li came. She didn't like Ms. Royson saying, "It's great how well you're learning English, Kim Li." Kim Li's English wasn't that great.

Dara turned away when Ms. Royson asked, "Kim Li, would you like to sit here? Dara won't mind." Kim Li smiled and said, "Yes." Before Dara moved to a new seat she whispered, "Kim Li, you're too tall to sit up front. I can't see Ms. Royson.

Move! I want my seat!"

Kim Li kept smiling. "My father too tall. He tall American."

"Kim Li, you talk funny. Yuck!"

"Now, Dara," said Ms. Royson as she stood beside Kim Li's desk, "we all want new students to feel welcome, don't we?" And that very afternoon Ms. Royson asked, "Kim Li, would you dust the erasers for me?"

As Kim Li did Dara's jobs, she asked Dara, "I do right?"

"No," said Dara, but Ms. Royson said, "You're doing just great."

"Don't play with Kim Li the Great," Dara told everyone at recess. Other children began to chant: "Kim Li the Great! Kim Li the Great!"

Kim Li said, "Thank you," and smiled and hung jackets on the top hooks that were too hard to reach. After school, Dara added more words to the chant: "Down with Kim Li the Great!"

The next day, Timmy pushed Kim Li really hard against the game box, and said, "Down with Kim Li!"

Ms. Royson came over. "Here, here! Kim Li needs to choose."

Dara said, "Don't you choose the big blue ball, Kim Li!"

Kim Li picked an ordinary jump rope. "Thank you. I like jump."

"Kim Li sure talks funny," Dara said loudly. Everyone laughed. Then someone noticed Kim Li doing "hot peppers" with her jump rope. Kickball was forgotten. Everyone watched Kim Li do crisscrosses. And double crisscrosses! Kim Li said, "This fun doing."

Dara shouted, "Kim Li the Great, you're a show-off!" Everyone laughed so hard that Ms.Royson came running. "What happened?"

"I talk more badder. I try. Everybody laugh."

Ms. Royson's face tightened. "Recess is over. Back inside." Dara smiled and put her arms around two friends. Kim Li was not included.

Kim Li didn't know that every Friday was fire drill, room art and sharing day. Good thing; she would have come with something great.

At the next recess, Dara did her grandest somersaults, forward and backward. Kim Li did them while running. "We be friends?" she asked.

Dara thought she might quit school...until Ms. Royson said, "Dara, if you don't mind skipping workbooks, we need our mural finished." Dara didn't mind at all. When Kim Li came to help color the big mural, Dara was way too busy to get up and leave --- or even argue. Br-r-r-ring-ing-ing! It was the firebell. Quickly, quietly, Dara joined the line to walk outside in an orderly way. Where was Kim Li?

"For goodness sake, Kim Li, that's the fire bell!" She pulled her hand and didn't let go until they got outside. Kim Li threw both arms around Dara and yelled, "Dara save my life. Dara the Great!"

Everyone started laughing and dancing around the playground, chanting: "Dara the Great!"

"It was only a fire drill," said Dara.

"Will you teach me to do criss-crosses?" she asked Kim Li.

"I help you," Kim Li said.

"Say 'I will help you'," whispered Dara to her new friend.

Kim Li said, "You will help me. I will help you."

For days they helped each other and when Ms. Royson said, "Kim Li, you're picking up English so quickly," Dara was pleased. She thought she might even do crisscrosses during sharing time. But Kim Li got up first, smiling. Finally, she spoke. "I have good good friend. Dara!"

Dara didn't correct Kim Li. She let it go. Just this once.

Berniece Rabe

Legal Liasioness

At the 1994 annual awards dinner given for Forensic

Science, AAFS President Dr Don Harper Mills astounded

his audience with the legal complications of a bizarre

death.

Here is the Case:

On March 23, 1994 the medical examiner viewed the body

of Ronald Opus and concluded that he died from a

shotgun wound to the head. Mr. Opus had jumped from

the top of a ten-story building intending to commit

suicide. He left a note to the effect indicating his

despondency .As he fell past the ninth floor his life

was interrupted by a shotgun blast passing through a

window, which killed him instantly.

Neither the shooter nor the deceased was aware that a

safety net had been installed just below the eighth

floor level to protect some building workers and that

Ronald Opus would not have been able to complete his

suicide the way he had planned.

"Ordinarily," Dr Mills continued, "A person, who sets

out to commit suicide and ultimately succeeds, even

though the mechanism might not be what he intended, is

still defined as committing suicide." That Mr. Opus

was shot on the way to certain death, but probably

would not have been successful because of the safety

net, caused the medical examiner to feel that he had a

homicide on his hands.

In the room on the ninth floor, where the shotgun

blast emanated, was occupied by an elderly man and his

wife. They were arguing vigorously and he was

threatening her with a shotgun. The man was so upset

that when he pulled the trigger he completely missed

his wife and the pellets went through

the window striking Mr. Opus. When one intends to kill

subject "A" but kills subject "B" in the attempt, one

is guilty of the murder of subject "B".

When confronted with the murder charge the old man and

his wife were both adamant and both said that they

thought the shotgun was unloaded. The old man said it

was a long-standing habit to threaten his wife with

the unloaded shotgun. He had no intention to murder

her.

Therefore the killing of Mr. Opus appeared to be an

accident; that is, if the gun had been accidentally

loaded. The continuing investigation turned up a

witness who saw the old couple's son loading the

shotgun about six weeks prior to the fatal accident.

It transpired that the old lady had cut off her son's

financial support and the son, knowing the propensity

of his father to use the shotgun threateningly, loaded

the gun with the expectation that his father would

shoot his mother.

Since the loader of the gun was aware of this, he was

guilty of the murder even though he didn't actually

pull the trigger. The case now becomes one of murder

on the part of the son for the death of Ronald Opus.

Now comes the exquisite twist. Further investigation

revealed that the son was, in fact, Ronald Opus. He

had become increasingly despondent over the failure of

his attempt to engineer his mother's murder. This led

him to jump off the ten-story building on March 23rd,

only to be killed by a shotgun blast passing through

the ninth story window. The son had actually murdered

himself, so the medical examiner closed the case as a

suicide.

(A true story from Associated Press, Reported by Kurt

Westervelt)