15 Days With Sant Baba Maan Singh (DAY 3)

ALLOT OF PEOPLE HAVE VIEWED THESE POSTINGS - BUT NO REPLIES - SO I DUNNO IF ANYONE IS READIN OR JUST IGNORING - PLEASE READ THRU THESE - THERE IS ALLOT TO BE LEARNT :D

FATEH

Day 3 : True Guru and Actions

-----------------------------

What are we here for? Firstly, we don't even come to the Sadh Sangat, or holy congregation. If we come we wont sit down. If we sit down we wont listen. If we listen we don't believe. If we believe we wont act on it.

O Guru's Congregation, Khalsa jee listen to the words, listen with your ears "Re man raam sio kar preet - O mind have love for The Lord." Says Guru Tegh Bahadur jee (p.631 of Guru Granth Sahib jee) But how should we love God? Guru jee continues, "Sravan naal gobind gun sunaho, ar gao rasna geet - Listen to God's praises with your ears and sing God's praises with your tongue."

To have love for God, one has to firstly listen and then act upon it. People say what do you get from going to Guru's Congregation? Guru jee says come to the holy congregation and do a deal. Leave your Dukh and take away Sukh, leave your suffering and sorrow at the Guru's feet and take home happiness and joy. The whole world is suffering. Some suffer physically, others suffer mentally from worry and anxiety. "Nanak Dukhee-a sabh sansar - Nanak says that the whole world is suffering" Come to the holy congreagation, the sadh-sangat and leave your Dukh and take away Sukh, leave your suffering and sorrow at the Guru's feet and take home happiness and joy.

``Gaveea, sunee-aa, man rakhiaa bhao.

Dukh parhar, sukh ghar lay jae.

Sing and hear God's praise while keeping love for God in the mind.

All sufferings, dukh, are thrown away and all pleasures, sukh, are attained.'' (Guru Nanak Dev jee in Jap Jee Sahib).

What a great thing to say. Throw away the 5 enemies and take home happiness.

ò Throw away Lust (Kaam) - Take home chastity and discipline.

ò Throw away Anger (Krodh) - Take home peace of mind

ò Throw away Greed (Lowb) - Take home contentment

ò Throw away Emotional Attachment (Moh) - Take home detachment

ò Throw away Pride (Hankar) - Take home spiritual poverty

In additon, throw away alcohol - take amrit instead.

But man says, ``I'll throw away amrit but take alcohol instead''. The athiest says that amrit is bitter but alcohol is sweet. In reality its the other way around. To change this view we have to listen to the Guru and then act upon the instructions.

`Sunee-aa, mannee-aa, man keeta bhao,

Antargaat teerath mal nao.

Hear, remember and love God within all of your mind.

In this way, take a holy dip at the place of pilgrimage inside yourself.'' (Jap Jee Sahib.)

How many people act on what Guru jee says? Not many.

Guru Jee tells us, "Amritvela sach nao vadaa-ee vichar - in the erarly hours meditate on the True Name and God's grearness."

We're not going to get Sukh, or happiness by disobeying.

On seeing Guru Gobind Singh jee, two Sikhs Lukhnira and Shamira fell at his feet saying, ``We're blessed with your presence in our town, Guru jee.'' Shamira stayed with Guru jee, performing service, or seva, meditating on God's Name and eventually was blessed enough to receive amrit.

Shamira kept coming everyday to do seva, ``Satguru kee seva safal ha, je ko karay chit laa-i...serving the True Guru is successful only if one serves with their full mind behind it.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee was pleased and said, ``Ask for anything Shamira.'' Shamira replied, ``O Cherisher of the Poor, Gareeb Nivaaj, save me from the cycle of birth and death.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``No, ask for something else.'' Shamira said, ``I only want to be saved from the pain of being born and dying again and again.''

To understand the God's Word one needs to have the wisdom of Guru Nanak Dev jee. Not the wisdom of drinking and womanising.

Guru Granth Sahib jee is the Guru of Gurus, the perfect Guru and only the perfect knowers-of-God, or Brahm-gianees, can truly understand it.

If I ask people to receive amrit, they reply, ``But there's no need to, only the mind needs to be clean.'' Are you saying that Guru Gobind Singh jee's mind wasn't clean because he went down on one knee and received amrit from the Beloved 5 Punj Pyare? If you have thirst for water its not enough to say, ``But there's no need to drink water, only the mind needs to be clean!''

Some people say that only Halal (meat prepared in the slow, torturous Muslim way) can't be eaten. Guru Granth Sahib jee forbids us to eat Halal, so how can Guru Granth Sahib possibly say its OK to eat Chatka (meat prepared by quickly killing the animal)?

A Sikh talks of Guru and listens to Guru. A person who doesn't listen to Guru or talk of Guru is not a Sikh. People say, ``But I read in a book that it is OK to eat meat.'' Are they going to believe a book or their Guru? Like in front of the Sun all other lights fade away into insignificance. God's Word, Banee, has power that transforms water into amrit.

A man who strangles someone slowly to death, or another man who shoots him quickly is sentenced for murder, regardless of how he killed the man. It makes no difference how you kill the animal, Halal or Chatka, you'll get the same punishment at the end.

The holy Hindus used to eat meat, Kabeer jee said if they are the Saints then who are the butchers? ``Kabeer ja ko kaho kasa-ee?''

Have you ever mediated on Bentee Chaupee? People say Guru Gobind Singh jee ate meat. But our Guru was the ocean of mercy, read what he writes in Bentee Chaupee:

"Cheetee te kunchan asthoola sabh par kirpa drist kar phoola

From the smallest insect to the biggest elephant, God throws his glance of blessing on all, and gets pleasure by doing so."

God's mercy is on all creatures from the tiniest ant to the huge elephant.

If Guru Gobind Singh jee had written, ``Your mercy is not upon the goat, chicken and lamb then it would be OK to eat them. But he didn't. Guru jee wrote God's mercy is upon ALL creatures.''

Everyday we read in Jap Jee Sahib,

"Karmee apo apanee, ke heray ke dhoor - our actions are own, some are called near others are pushed away from God."

Our actions are what count at the end of the day.

Guru Gobind singh jee says, "Rayhnee ray so-i sikh meraa, o sahib ma os ka cheraa - the one who lives according to the code of conduct, the rehat is my Sikh . That one is my master and I am their servant."

A Sikh said to Guru Gobind Singh jee, ``What's the point of rehat, or code of conduct, forget about receiving amrit all I need to do is the Guru's service, or seva, don't I?'' Guru Gobind Singh jee told him the time would come and he would understand why amrit was important. Soon afterwards, the man's young son died. Guru Gobind Singh jee came. The Sikh stood up and said, ``Guru jee, my son has left.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee asked him to take the sheet off the body and said to the father, ``I thought you said he was dead, but look at him his hands, feet, eyes and teeth are still intact. Yet you say he is dead.'' The Sikh said, ``What's the point of the body when there is no breath?'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``Now you have your answer. You asked me what's the point of the body without any breath. In the same way without rehat, or the code of conduct that you follow after receiving amrit, my Sikh has no life at all, infact he's as good as dead.''

The Sikh said, ``Guru jee, now I understand that Amrit is as important to the Guru as breaths are to the body.''

A man had a cow. It could only be milked by the man's mother. She died and the cow stopped gibving milk. The man told his wife to disguise herself as the mother by putting on the mother's clothes and then try to milk the cow. But the cow recognised the feel of the hand and still refused to give any milk. The man said, ``O cow! Don't worry this is my mother.'' In the same way we wear Sikh clothes but our actions are not of the Sikh. Our Guru jee is not fooled.

"Karmee apo apanee, ke heray ke dhoor - our actions are own, some are called near others are pushed away from God."

Today Sikhs that smoke call themselves Sikhs. But, Guru Gobind Singh jee's horse called Neela, wouldn't even go into a tobacco field. Three times the horse refused. Bhai Daya Singh jee had a look and saw it was a field of tobacco leaves. Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``My horse has got psychic powers from serving me and would rather die than take its Guru into the field.''

The 40 martyrs wrote in black ink that Guru Gobind Singh jee was no longer their Guru. They had to give their blood in battle to erase it. The ones who've not received amrit have renounced their Guru and on receiving amrit they will erase their worldly mistakes.

Look at the thousands of white-skinned Khalsa there already are. When the rest of them find out that the Khalsa is going to rule they'll all become Khalsa! They don't know it yet. "Raj Karega Khalsa - The Khalsa Will Rule" but only when there ia a Khalsa to rule. a Sikh is a Sikh, regardless of caste or colour, a Sikh is the one who wears the 5 Ks and lives according to the rehat, or code of conduct.

Shamira repeated his original request, ``Guru jee, I only want to be saved from the cycle of birth and death.'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``No Shamira, I'll give you spiritual powers instead." But Shamira sang, "Ridh Sidh sabh moh ha - Spiritual Powers are all just another attachment." Guru Jee said, "Shamira, I'll give you the heavens of Shiva, Brahma and Vishnu." But Shamira replied, "No guru Jee, all these things are just God's game. i have read your words in Bentee Chaupee:

"Kal Pae Brahma bap dhara. Kal paee Shivjoo avtara.

Kal pae kar bisan prakasa. Sakal kal ka kia tamasa'

Brahma, the God of creation, was himself created by Waheguru's order.

Shiva, the god of death, was also created by Waheguru

Vishnu, the god who sustains the creation, was illuminated by God's order.

Infact this whole game of life is played by Waheguru.''

Guru Gobind Singh jee said once again, ``Ask for something else?'' Shamira said, ``I dont want to ask any more because I don't get it.'' Guru jee said, ``Well in that case Shamira, today you'll get what you want, but only on one condition, you'll have to do exactly what I say. Shamira do you agree to receive amrit, if your receive amrit many of your generations will be saved too?''

Amrit is given by Punj Pyare acting as the Guru and on-one else. A time will come when you won't be able to get amrit even if you want it.

A father visited both his married daughters. One was married to a farmer and needed rain for the crops, the other daughter was married to a brickmaker and they needed sunshine for the bricks to bake. The Father can't fulfill both the daughters requests at the same time. Likewise we pray to Waheguru, he is our father and loves us all, and we must accept that whatever he gives us is the best for us.

People ask what will happen to the Khalsa Nation? I say leave the Khalsa Nation to the one who created it, it is better to ask what will happen to us without amrit? Can Guru Gobind Singh jee ever let the Khalsa Nation go down hill? That is a question that should never arise.

Shamira became Shamira Singh jee after he received amrit.

Shamira Singh had a doubt in his mind about what Guru jee had said about all his desires being fulfilled by receiving. Guru Gobind Singh jee knew what he was thinking. That night Shamira Singh had a dream. He saw himself die and become a dog, then a lizard, then a lion and he continued being born into different animals until sunrise. The next day he fell at Guru jee's feet. Guru Gobind Singh jee saw that he had a yellow and shocked face. He said, ``Guru jee, I received amrit because you said I'd be free from the cycle of birth and death. But in my dream I was born thousands of times. So why did this happen?'' Guru Gobind Singh jee said, ``Shamira those lives you saw, were the ones that you were going to go through after this one. But by receiving amrit your life is has become successful. Shamira Singh if you never saw the dream then your doubt would never have been dispelled!''

Time does not allow us to continue tonight. When we sit on a sofa it changes shape but when we get up it becomes the original shape again. Likewise in the Sadh-Sangat your thoughts have been changed, but unlike the sofa don't get up and go back to your old ways.

Its good to take a least one wisdom from the Sadh-Sangat. How about taking this one : getting up at Amrit Vela, in the early hours and meditating on `Waheguru Waheguru'?

Sant Isher Singh jee used to get up at half past midnight. Yes 12:30am. Now Khalsa jee we carry on drinking until 2am so how are we going to get up at 12:30am? Khalsa jee take this one wisdom - get up at amrit-vela everyday. Khalsa jee, take one wisdom from today's program and keep it close to yourself.

Every morning in Jap Jee Sahib we say, "Amrit veal sach nao vadaee vichar - sing God's name and praises in the early hours of amrit-vela." Are we going to carry on saying it all our life? Let's start acting upon it.

It's easy to be a Sant, but hard to be a Sikh. Get five yards of white material for a gown, two yards for a white turban, close your eyes for a little while, get a rosary in your hand and the icing on the cake is to get a few sisters to touch your feet. There you have it a Sant, you are now a Sant according to the definition nowadays. Its easy to be a discourser of God's Word, or Katha vachak. Read Sikh books for two years and your good enough to sit on stage and give discourse and tell stories.

This is wrong Khalsa jee, Sikhism has to be earned, you have to work at being a Sant. You have to remember `Waheguru Waheguru' with each breath. A man went to see a Sant and said make me into your disciple, the Sant replied, ``O no! I can't make you into my disciple.'' The man begged, ``O please Sant jee make me into your disciple and tell me what I have to do?'' The Sant told him, ``I have a cow, to be my disciple you'll have to grow its food, you'll have to cut its food and then feed the cow. You'll have to wash the cow, milk the cow and then heat the milk up.'' The man asked, ``And Sant jee, what will you do?'' The Sant replied, ``I'll drink the milk of course!'' The man said, "O in that case I don't want to become your disciple, just make me into a Sant!"

A woman met me last week. She said, ``Sant jee, I haven't got a Guru.'' I said ``Bibi jee you are over 70 years old and you haven't got a Guru yet? How can that be?'' She said, ``When I was a child I had a Guru.'' I said, ``So what's the problem?'' She said ``O, he died. Then after I was married I made another Guru but he died and then after I was widowed I made another Guru but he died.'' I said, ``What kind of Guru is he who dies and leaves his disciples? And what is it about you that as soon as you make a Guru he's cursed and dies? And now you want to make me into your Guru so I die as well! Listen Bibi jee I have two things on my tongue. Firstly, receive amrit and secondly, make Guru Granth Sahib jee your Guru. Guru Granth Sahib jee is our eternal Guru of Gurus, the Guru that never dies and never leaves the disciple.'' Khalsa jee, she then tried to touch my feet but I told her, ``Don't touch my feet, say Waheguru jee ka khalsa, Waheguru jee kee Fateh instead and I'll bow at your feet Bibi jee!''

She said, ``Sant jee, I heard that you slander these living Gurus and Swamee-Masters?'' I explained to her, ``I don't slander them at all, for I am a worshipper of the Swamee-Master myself. But not of the Ra-dha-Swamee, or master of the path (sect of Sikhism), rather I am a worshipper of the Dargah-da-Swamee, or master of the true court. Listen Bibi jee, I need a master to show me the Dargah, the True Court, not the Ra - Path!

Even at Guru Tegh Bahadur jee's time 22 fake Guru's set up shop. They all knew the true Guru was sitting in his house and when Guru jee was seen by everyone, the fake ones looked pathetic in comparison. Like at night the fire flies shine but the darkness of night is not dispelled, darkness is only dispelled with the light of the Sun.

``Je so chandeh ugvay, sooraj charay hazaar.

Ethay chanan hoindi-aa, gur bin ghor andhaar.

If 100 moons were to rise then 1000 suns rose too,

Even in this much light, there is darkness without the Guru'' (Asa Dee Var)

Guru Granth Sahib jee is true Guru jee whose light is greater then hundreds of moons and thousands of Suns. Sant Isher Singh made people into the disciples of Guru Granth Sahib jee and emphasised the importance of receiving amrit. When he spoke, people's hearts felt peace of mind. That's a true Sant.

We will all have to obey Guru jee sooner or later and when we do we will feel the benefit. Bhai Lehna jee obeyed Guru Nanak Dev jee and became his form, his Ang...Guru Angad Dev jee. But we don't obey and no-one cares about us. When we obey, Guru jee himself will obey us too. This is opposite to the worldly relationship where a son obeys each of his parents instructions but his parents don't obey the sons instructions. Our Guru-Father obeys each of our words.

The more you respect the Guru of Gurus, Guru Granth Sahib jee the more the world will respect you.

O young Sikhs, receive amrit, follow Guru Granth Sahib jee. This life is our precious chance to meet Waheguru jee. If you become a Sikh when you are young, then your whole life will be successful.

Now lets join hands for Ardas. If a beggar asks for even 10 Rupees then his hands are at his shoulder level, we do Ardas for much greater things but our hands are at knee level.

Vaheguru Jee ka Khalsa, Vaheguru Jee Kee Fateh !