Malaa

SAadmin

im know im sad, but i'll put up a link on knots. :shock:

if people want to make their own mala's, then i suggest u use the diamond knot, its really strong, but not the easiest of knots.

Just out of intrests, anyone know origami?? i cant make the crocodile yet....

like i said b4, i know im sad. lol

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oragami.. thats how you spell the word, i splet it the indian way. lol

I have seen some Nihang Singhs with some Rope Gatra's [not sure if this ties in with marayada or anything but have seen some] which use a certain Knot, this is known as the........... :roll: :roll: not gonna tell ya. :roll: :twisted: :twisted: . These not only look good, but also work well with little malas.

Guest Javanmard

PROVIDE REFERANCE

and not ur assumations

altho

SGGS says:

Dear MrSIngh, I don't assume: I know. The malas of the Gurus are still conserved. SIkhnet has a picture of one of the malas used by Guru Hargobind. The Gurus are just saying that the mala does not liberate they're not saying that is bad to use it! :bling: :bling: :bling: :bling: :bling:

Dear MrSIngh, I don't assume: I know. The malas of the Gurus are still conserved. SIkhnet has a picture of one of the malas used by Guru Hargobind. The Gurus are just saying that the mala does not liberate they're not saying that is bad to use it! :bling: :bling: :bling: :bling: :bling:

well i personally feel that

keeping the maala...makes u more focused in math..kine manke ho ghe

kine re ge

Naam vaal ki thyaan reha :roll:

I myself have a mala made of rudraksh beads, it's pretty kewl stuff, although i don't use it enuff....but it does help i think because one is able to forget about countin or anything and focus on the simrin more....and one can easily achieve a simple pace with it that just completely relaxes u....

I do a lot of simrin just walking around though, because i'm just way to busy to sit down and meditate, finals r coming up!!!!

My dad has a mala which glows in the dark!!! :LOL: it's pretty awesome.....

I don't know, I think he got it from india like 5 yrs back when he went, it's placed beside a Sants picture in our house and when the lights r off and u walk by it, it's pretty kewl.....it's white otherwise, but glows green in the night

lol, i wonder if i get a generator and attach some flashing 50W bulbs if i can make a mala that make me naap Jaap Really Really fast cos the lights are going to be hot, Wonder where i could take it so that people could keep up with my speed. :roll: wondering :roll: wondering :roll:

Above post requires people to use imgination.

OK earlier I said that a malaa for counting how many mool manter paats you do for example isn't that practical and it is easier for me to count on my fingers...however that only applies to when I'm at the Gurdwara. :roll:

And since I practically live there :D I naturally just thought of that as my natural envronment for using a malaa, and today I thought, if I was a home there's absolutely nothing wrong with using a malaa to count to make sure that your own personal targets of amount of paat should be at least maintained. Who is going to see you apart from family?

However at the gurdwara where everyone sees you, its impractical because then all of a sudden sangat will think very highly of you but it doesn't stop there, they will tell you how highly they think of you too (trust me on this) and then the age old trap of homai opens up ..thus ruining all the hard work thats been done! :shock: :shock:

Guest Javanmard

However at the gurdwara where everyone sees you, its impractical because then all of a sudden sangat will think very highly of you but it doesn't stop there, they will tell you how highly they think of you too (trust me on this) and then the age old trap of homai opens up ..thus ruining all the hard work thats been done!

Well I get quite another reaction! People are quite suprised to see someone use a mala!!! IT's as if you came from Mars really! But I don't care, it's like a gadjet to me and I know my limitations to jnow that those 108 pearls don't make me special, maybe just a bit... naughty :twisted: :twisted: