Guru and Vaheguru

adapted from the jokes section.....

Guru and God are one, the problem arises when WE try to decide Which one.

makes sense in my head, but then again im a nutter.

if i may, i'd like to kinda use one of your sayings to descirbe you:

nutters, you're alotta that...

I've read sum where, i tink its in Jap Ji Shaib, those who do Godly tings, e.g. by filtering out da 5 vices becames a small image of God (spritually). I mite be wrong, sorry if i'm wrong.

Remeber Wahegurus IS our soul, da soul dat we Inherit IS NOT OURS but Wahegurus, our skin is not even ours. Wen our skin decays it will be left in Maya and take another form (Clay), nothing is distroyed totally, it will always take another form. Much like if u distory a letter, and put it in da bin, its still der, da letter, it jus gets moved around, takes a different form :? .

Nanaksar and Nirmale are two totally different institutions! :evil:

Actually veer ji they are same... Nanaksar also have Nirmaaalaie roots :D

Check this out:

BABA MAHA HARNAM SINGH JI.

Baba Maha Harnam Singh Ji Maharaj ,the spiritual master of Baba Nand Singh Ji Maharaj was a Nirmala Saint , born in the village of Dhindsa,in the Doaba region of Punjab.He was called "Roomiwala saint".He was fully conversant with Sanskrit, Arabic, Persian etc.He knew all the Hindu Scriptures and the koran by heart.His knowledge of Gurbani was unique.He possessed all the occult and supernatural powers that exist in the universe. Great personalites like Brahma, Vishnu, Siva, Narad Muni use to visit this true Brahmgiani, who had become one with God. He would remain in meditation most of the time.His face glowed with Divine redness.He used to take a little milk once , after eight or ten days and piece of bread once a year.

source: http://www.angelfire.com/in/sidhu/ananddham.html

Guest Javanmard

Nanaksar derives from the Nirmale but they rarely qualify themsleves as such. On top of that Nanaksar do not continue the tradition of classical scholarship of the Nirmale.

I personally have no problem with them, in fact I like them a lot but still they derive from the Nirmale but they are not Nirmale in the strict sense.

The British changed them?! :shock: What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying Baba Nand Singh Ji and Baba Isher Singh Ji were influenced by the British!?

The Maryada is still one of the best, and it wouldn't have been if influenced by the British. It's better than most of the so called 'Jatha's' in existence today, they seem to be more affected by the British.

Guest Javanmard

well the Nanaksarie don't study Sanskrit as part of their maryada, they don't wear bhagwa, they don't study Vedant and I have not seem them do full arti arta with conches, incense, lamps, ranjit nagara etc...

Don't get me wrong: I love Baba Nand SIngh but his jatha should be called Neo-Nirmale rather than proper Nirmale.

I'm not saying they should be labelled as Nirmala's. I agree, that they have deviated from the Nirmala roots to a certain degree, but it doesn't make Nanaksar any less to any other Jatha, and it does not mean they were influenced by the British.

Well the British did not influence Nanaksar directly but sure is that they appreciated the non-political aspect of the jatha!

thats what i meant...not doubting mahapursh's here but jatha people might have drifted away by british or sgpc.. you know what i meant...there are differences in every sampradma now compare to the orginal form of sampradama back in guroo's time or say 100 years back...its obvious to see these differences..no big deal :D